Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: You are an 'Immortal' Convict  (Read 18072 times)

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
Re: You are an 'Immortal' Convict
« Reply #195 on: July 26, 2013, 08:03:14 pm »

Your killing of them did reduce our reward by 12 ada, Silly. I stand with Bud, you deserve the reward for the ones you killed, which is 4 ounces. Besides, we picked you up on a lark, you've got your 50 tokens for the initial 'fee' of yours and the reward for what you've done. Hang with us and you might get more for helping us out, or go your own way. But if you leave, we'll be taking the 50 tokens back, since it'll be you walking out on us.

"What? This is some serious bullshit," she complains, folding her arms. "Give me my four, then. 50 tokens buys me for a week, then I'm gone."

Bud mutters something under his breath. Something about a two bit prostitute, but Silly thinks better of responding.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 26, 2013, 09:57:43 pm »

Whatever. Not like I really expected more from you. Besides, you probably won't want to be with us when it comes time for us to do what we're planning to do as soon as we get the ada to convince some actual mercs that we're not entirely suicidal.

Back to the bounty board, let's see if there's anything else we might want to do.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 09:59:54 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 26, 2013, 10:20:00 pm »

"Although, if you were to join up as a full time member of the crew, and prove your worth, you'd be entitled to a full share of any swag.  Just a thought..."
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #198 on: July 26, 2013, 10:27:45 pm »

Euch, didn't make much of a friend there.

Hind-sight assessment:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If we're even thinking about keeping Silly around, or parting with her on good terms, we should talk to bud sometime and see what his beef is.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 10:32:05 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 26, 2013, 10:41:07 pm »

Agreed, GA. Right now we probably need all the manpower we can get.  We can be picky about skills and stuff later.  Don't want to seem too desperate though, so I figure try to be inviting without being a doormat.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 26, 2013, 10:44:17 pm »

((Well, she's got a week of possible loot sharing to change her mind about leaving. I went for stingy the first time because 1: She didn't do much (the two she tied up were drugged out of their minds, so they don't really count), 2: She got the 50 credits she wanted to hang around anyways, which is 5 ada alone.))

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 26, 2013, 11:00:48 pm »

"Although, if you were to join up as a full time member of the crew, and prove your worth, you'd be entitled to a full share of any swag.  Just a thought..."
Whatever. Not like I really expected more from you. Besides, you probably won't want to be with us when it comes time for us to do what we're planning to do as soon as we get the ada to convince some actual mercs that we're not entirely suicidal.

Back to the bounty board, let's see if there's anything else we might want to do.

Silly doesn't respond, she just follow, sulking.

Back at the bounty board, you scan the fliers for good jobs. There's still the Green Gal and Morty Job, and the Crip job. Some other jobs catch your eye:

"I don't remember seeing this one..."

'We got some bad apples. Two guildies gone rogue. The Ravens are looking for the heads of Jamie Jay and Rox, last spotted here at J-3. Come to me if you want more info. Payout of 30 each. ~Scab'

"This one's been up here for weeks, it was big news then. Jeorge was married to a baroness of the Falcon Trade Company. A lot of people tried their hand at this one."

'This motherfucking raeser killed my wife, my son then fled the junction. I'll give 200 ounce to anyone who brings me him back alive. 50 if he's dead. More information is available, come to my home on the north end. Jeorge' Somehow, you remember the term raeser. That's the slang for colonists of New Raes. Generations on their foreign planet gave them grey skin, black hair, and savage mindsets. At least, that's what the government would have you believe...

The other jobs are either small time gigs or oddjobs that shouldn't even be on this board. "The other bounties probably go to J-7, with all the guilds," Bud says.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 26, 2013, 11:15:31 pm »

"Silly, would you check in with Scab and then come back?  I want to see if we can take both of these, but we can't waste a lot of time running in opposite directions to check info on both before we even start.  Bud and I can look into Jeorge's bounty, and we can all meet up here afterwards and see if they coordinate.  260 ada is nothing to sneeze at, if we can swing it."

A small token of trust, sending her off alone on a safe task, and an opportunity to talk with Bud alone about his beef, might be just what we need to turn this nasty first impression around.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 26, 2013, 11:30:03 pm »

"Silly, would you check in with Scab and then come back?  I want to see if we can take both of these, but we can't waste a lot of time running in opposite directions to check info on both before we even start.  Bud and I can look into Jeorge's bounty, and we can all meet up here afterwards and see if they coordinate.  260 ada is nothing to sneeze at, if we can swing it."

A small token of trust, sending her off alone on a safe task, and an opportunity to talk with Bud alone about his beef, might be just what we need to turn this nasty first impression around.

+1, also ask Bud what the green liquid in one of the syringes we found is, and where we can pawn off stuff we don't need.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #204 on: July 26, 2013, 11:53:46 pm »

heh, unless she sees it as errand running, (and possibly conniving with bud).

I have a feeling the two guildies are going to be good guys, and we'll have a choice of 'invite them into our fold & earn the ire of the guild' or 'murder two good men for 60oz'.
-Though, this conditioning rears it's head again; there's a third option of pretending it never happened. Woo, let's see about doing the job!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 12:47:20 am by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #205 on: July 27, 2013, 06:05:02 am »

I have a feeling the two guildies are going to be good guys, and we'll have a choice of 'invite them into our fold & earn the ire of the guild' or 'murder two good men for 60oz'.
-Though, this conditioning rears it's head again; there's a third option of pretending it never happened. Woo, let's see about doing the job!
I was imagining some flimsy plan where we recruit those two somehow, run off and save our buddies, then stab them in the back or let them go. I can't really see that working though. :P

Ask Bud about the Ravens. Are these guys important? Do they have representatives nearby?

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 27, 2013, 08:59:25 pm »

"Yeah, whatever," she says, storming off.

With her gone, you and Bud walk north, in the direction of Jeorge's home. Bud leads you wordlessly.

"So, what's the deal with you and Silly?" you ask, breaking the silence.

"The deal? I know her type. No allegiances. Like to flee when shit hits the fan. Lazy, too. I'd be glad to see her gone," he says, though you feel there's more to it than that.

+1, also ask Bud what the green liquid in one of the syringes we found is, and where we can pawn off stuff we don't need.

Bud seems agitated about Silly, so you change the subject. "You know what this is?" you say as you present the green syringe to Bud.

"Looks like demon blood. That stuff'll make you strong, real strong, and fast, too. Lasts for a few minutes, than you're back to normal. Tires you out, though."

Ask Bud about the Ravens. Are these guys important? Do they have representatives nearby?

"The Ravens? They're decently strong in manpower. Not so much in tech. I'd say they're almost notable... The only thing I really know about them is their strict policy on loyalty to the guild. What's that word? Like, real serious about it.... Draconian, that's it."

"I don't think they have any people around here. Scab works for a buncha guilds, posting their jobs here sometimes."

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 27, 2013, 11:04:01 pm »

With the payout they're offering, think it's worth going after two of them that, by their standards, are rouge?

((Anyone else want to see what happens when one mixes half and half Demon Blood and Acclimation Serum?))
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 11:10:14 pm by PyroDesu »

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #208 on: July 28, 2013, 12:31:04 am »

Cardiac arrest. Cephalic hemorrhaging. Multi-sphincterrhexis.
Badges of honor

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 28, 2013, 04:11:06 pm »

With the payout they're offering, think it's worth going after two of them that, by their standards, are rouge?

((Anyone else want to see what happens when one mixes half and half Demon Blood and Acclimation Serum?))

"30 each for a couple rogues? That seems like a good deal. They have no one to turn to. Bandits, maybe. People are usually to scared to harbor guild outcasts, else J-7 shreds 'em. It's more the raeser I'm afraid of. 200 ounce? He must be one hellova killer to warrant that kinda bounty."
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16