Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16

Author Topic: You are an 'Immortal' Convict  (Read 18065 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: You are an 'Immortal' Convict
« Reply #210 on: July 28, 2013, 05:23:45 pm »

That or the the guy who posted it is one hell of a rich and powerful guy. Which means the raeser must be really good to get to his wife.

Honestly, I don't know which is more terrifying. Anyways, let's get this over with.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #211 on: July 28, 2013, 05:24:58 pm »

"Or one stupid mother. The contractor's rich, and he's upset. What worries me more about him is that others have been unsuccessful."

"Listen, bud, I don't know if you're telling me everything as far as Silly's concerned, but that doesn't matter."
Stop walking for a second
"I want you to give her a fair shake- you don't have to change your mind, you don't have to like her, but give her a chance- she may be the way she is because no one's done that before."

(If he gets indignant: (authoritative) "I'm the leader here, and I need a team that watches each-others backs. Play nice, at least for a week." If he agrees or 'we'll see'/snorts a maybe: (changing the subject) "Where are we walking anyway?" (where does jeorge live?))
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #212 on: July 29, 2013, 07:24:36 am »

Eh. I'd rather not chance alienating Bud. We should let it lie for a bit before bringing it up again. There's a good chance it'll work itself out on its own.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 29, 2013, 11:39:46 am »

I agree with Gunin.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 01:09:04 pm by PyroDesu »

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #214 on: July 29, 2013, 01:47:16 pm »

Nah, we didn't change the situation at all. They'll butt heads and it'll escalate unless we do more.
(would it help if we added a 'please, bud' to the end of the authoritative one?)
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #215 on: July 29, 2013, 03:33:28 pm »

Well, I'm okay with Bud hating Silly. Its the chance that Bud might start hating us if we try to get him to be nice that I'm afraid of. We should definitely try, but I'd like to wait until he is in a better mood, rather than pressing him right away and possibly angering or outright losing two allies as opposed to one.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #216 on: July 29, 2013, 04:33:08 pm »

We can always make up- it's not like we'll alienate him from trying to get him to play nice once. We're supposed to be friends and comrades for quite some time, not a fresh recruit like silly is, (who will definitely leave if we don't treat'r right), and if he's a macho man his ego should be more resilient than that.

(Plus, if there really is something that's erking him, we'll have a pragmatic in for finding out why.)

We need all the help we can get. We've got buddies in enemy hands.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 04:39:24 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 29, 2013, 05:37:37 pm »

That or the the guy who posted it is one hell of a rich and powerful guy. Which means the raeser must be really good to get to his wife.

Honestly, I don't know which is more terrifying. Anyways, let's get this over with.

"Jeorge? He's rich and powerful now. He probably inherited his wife's fortune. Dunno if he'll run with the Falcons, though... There's his place, right over there," he points down the road to a large building that's actually constructed out of concrete, not scrap like most of the town.

"Or one stupid mother. The contractor's rich, and he's upset. What worries me more about him is that others have been unsuccessful."

"Listen, bud, I don't know if you're telling me everything as far as Silly's concerned, but that doesn't matter."
Stop walking for a second
"I want you to give her a fair shake- you don't have to change your mind, you don't have to like her, but give her a chance- she may be the way she is because no one's done that before."

(If he gets indignant: (authoritative) "I'm the leader here, and I need a team that watches each-others backs. Play nice, at least for a week." If he agrees or 'we'll see'/snorts a maybe: (changing the subject) "Where are we walking anyway?" (where does jeorge live?))

"Listen, Bud..." you start, but stop short. It probably was best to let it lie for now. "Never mind."

You and Bud walk up to the front door of the estate. The door is open, so Bud just goes in. The foyer of the building is decorated with banners depicting red falcons, and even a statue made of metal. A group of people are crowded around a table, listening to a radio.

"That's right, folks. The Shah is on the move again. His tribe of bandits and mercs has pillaged several of the smaller settlements on the west end, but now he sets his sights on something bigger, West Sepon. For those of you not in the know, West Sepon is a production city. Or, at least, it was in the time before the gate fell. Most the factories are broken down, but a select few still produce weapons and armour. They're in for one hellova fight, but I think they'll pull through. Then again, I'm an optimist. Any of you mercs in the area, you should lend your guns to their defense, I'm sure they'd appreciate it. I'll pay you in my undying love. Anyway, enough talking, time for music!" The sound of jazz fills the room as most of the people around the radio disperse, whispering among themselves. Bud approaches one of them and asks them to get Jeorge.

"He's busy," the man says, walking away. Bud grabs his shoulder and pulls him back.

"We're here for the bounty, I'm sure he'll want to see us," Bud insists.

"He. Is. Busy. I'll get Rom to fill you in on the bounty details. Wait here," he says curtly, slapping Buds hand off his shoulder and walking into another room.

"You'd think a guy like me would get respect from a fucking servant," Bud grumbles.

The other men in the room don't look like servants, though. They look like Falcon mercs, probably waiting around to see the owner of the building. Some of them ask to see Jeorge, but are met with the same response Bud got.
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #218 on: July 29, 2013, 06:05:14 pm »

Huh. I dunno how I feel about competition. This is gonna be hard if we go through with it..

EDIT: Watch and listen for now. Grumble.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 06:08:14 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 29, 2013, 10:11:56 pm »

Huh. I dunno how I feel about competition. This is gonna be hard if we go through with it..

EDIT: Watch and listen for now. Grumble.

After about thirty minutes of waiting, a man enters the room. He walks over to the radio and turns it off before turning to the group.

"Mr. Jeorge is happy to see you all here to avenge the death of his beloved wife and son. We are sorry for the delay, you have all been patient, and Mr. Jeorge apologizes for keeping you. As promised to some of you, we have new information regarding the raeser. His name is Kine, Unae Yunalei Mino se Kine, 'the One Who Fights from Afar'." At the mention of the name, several mercenaries leave the hall. "He has several mutagens at his disposal. Acid spitting, camouflage, unmatched agility. He is not to be taken lightly. He was last spotted among his own kind, the Lowland Troupe, a roving band of Raesers. Though Mr. Jeorge has reason to believe he has left the Troupe and taken to living in a cave outside of Stigmata. The bounty is open to all of you. If you have any questions, come see me now." Some of the mercenaries stay behind, but the rest leave. Maybe they lost interest in the job, or wanted to get a head start.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #220 on: July 29, 2013, 10:15:09 pm »

This sounds way out of our league. Anyone else just want to turn tail?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 29, 2013, 10:15:32 pm »

In low tones with Bud:

I dunno about this one as much now. Knew it'd be bad, but that sounds more suicidal than the cysts. What do you think, Bud?

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 29, 2013, 11:10:30 pm »

In low tones with Bud:

I dunno about this one as much now. Knew it'd be bad, but that sounds more suicidal than the cysts. What do you think, Bud?

"I don't know who this 'Kine' is, really. A mutant. A raeser. But it's 200 ounce. I think we can do it. We just need the right intel. If I get in close, I'm sure I can take him down," he says with confidence. Though where this confidence is coming from you're not sure.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #223 on: July 30, 2013, 12:37:54 am »

Scope the scene. Get the down-low. Go talk to the boss man.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 30, 2013, 06:45:28 pm »

Well, there's no harm in getting intel. I just hope you're right about us being able to do this, I have no intention on another month under the Warden.

Go and get the in-depth briefing.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16