Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: STRANDED in SKYRIM... A Suggestion Game:  (Read 8734 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: STRANDED in SKYRIM... A Suggestion Game:
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2013, 10:17:12 pm »

He/She can be our Dragonbro :D
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2013, 05:29:07 am »

IDEA:

We are not the dragonborn. We are some random guy and the dragonborn is referenced during the story in news articles. We then craft our own story of sex, death, and adventure.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2013, 07:32:40 am »

I think the PC should be Lydia.

Or if we are going down the route of a bizarre LP, Male Khajiit, Thief Stone and I think we should try to engage Ulfric in conversation about the geopolitical state in all of Cyrodil. Then follow Ralof.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2013, 08:42:36 am »

I think the PC should be Lydia.

Or if we are going down the route of a bizarre LP, Male Khajiit, Thief Stone and I think we should try to engage Ulfric in conversation about the geopolitical state in all of Cyrodil. Then follow Ralof.

Very specific, thank you.

I'll let a few more votes roll in and then that's it, I'll make the opening episode... This was just a set up episode and it'll be much easier for non-Skyrim playing forumites to participate after the jump.

Once again if you are not specific and clear in your vote/suggestion (for example if you suggest two races at the same time or after this update if your suggestion is not bolded) I may not be able to take your input into account.

Unless there's a clear winner for some of these options of the vote here it's going to be a dice roll so if you're lurking this thread cast your vote now.

So far the tally is:

Khajiit: 2

Argonian: 1

Dunmer: 1

Nord: 1

Male: 2

Female: 2

Hadvar: 2

Ralof: 2

Thief: 2

Mage: 1

The style will be... A little different to just a normal lets play... You'll have to wait and see...

PS - I have never done a beast race before OR a female character but if it is the will of the people...
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 09:17:38 am by The13thRonin »
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2013, 12:03:48 am »

I vote Male Khajiit Thief who is rescued by Hadvar!
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2013, 04:31:32 am »

Due to one the the very, very, very many 'additions' to this suggestion game the script for the introduction to Skyrim bugged out :(. However that's fine. It just means I'll be downloading the random start mod, no harm done.

I'll still use the votes for playstyle and race. First update coming soon.

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2013, 03:27:35 pm »

Episode 1: We're not in Kansas anymore.

You clumsily fish around in your pockets for your house keys. Damn... They've got to be here somewhere. You smile as your fingers finally find the solid metal. Unlocking the door you think back to the best moments of the wild college party. You're going to have one hell of a hangover tomorrow, but it doesn't matter, you can ride out it out while chilling in the back of your Oriental history lecture. Maybe you'll even bump into that girl from tonight that you were talking with... What was her name... Layla? Leah? "Life is good" you say to no-one in particular as you throw your jacket onto a chair and head for your study. You know that you should probably call it a night now but still riding high on the buzz of an obscene amount of cheap beer you decide that you've got time for a quick game of something.

The mechanical beeping of the computer starting up is comforting and you watch the screen jump to life. Thinking about which game you should boot up you find that the room is spinning pretty badly. Groaning you hold your hands to your head and close your eyes, surely it'll stop in a minute... Surely... All of a sudden you feel like you're falling and in surprise your hands shoot out to grab a hold of something... You hear something tear and with dread you wait for the impact with the ground... After what seems like an eternity you dare to open your eyes:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Mother of..." you begin to exclaim before the strong winds blow a significant amount of snow into your open mouth. Choking in surprise you bring your hands up to shield your face:

HOLY SHIT YOU HAVE CLAWS! Looking down at your body you also realize something else... "No... No way... No..." The tail, your tail, swishes back and forth. You must be dreaming... But you didn't fall asleep, did you? Maybe you're hallucinating you think. Yeah that's it... One of the guys at the party must have slipped something in your drink as a joke...

You realize that you're shivering and suddenly you don't care if this is a hallucination or not... You need to get out of this cold! Looking down at yourself again you notice that your clothes are gone and now you're only clad in tattered rags. You're holding something in your hands... You remember the tearing sound as you grabbed onto something when you fell. You open your hand to look at it:

You recognize the item as a map of Skyrim that you had put up on your wall near your desk. You had bought this game at the insistence of an old friend and put up a map you had found on the internet. Initially excited you intended to give it a go... However you never really found the time to try it out after getting to college.
"Fat lot of good this does me now" you mutter. You turn to throw the map into the snow but something stops you... Maybe it's the comfort of a familiar object in an otherwise unfamiliar place... You don't know... For one reason or another you choose to pocket the map. The bitter cold bites at your exposed flesh again and suddenly you want to be anywhere but here, out in the elements. Turning to survey your surroundings you see an icy sea behind you. A lone rabbit makes it's way across the snow. Off to your right side you can see some kind of statue and large stone structure:

You decide to make your way towards the stone structure... All you can think about is somewhere to shelter from the cold. Looking around you realize that you are perched on a glacier and that you'll need to climb down to start making your way across to your destination... Even then it doesn't look easy, from where you're standing you can't see a clear path across to land and you realize that you might have to swim across the icy water... You shudder at the thought. Turning to start the climb down off the glacier you suddenly slip on the packed ice and snow...
"OH SHI-" You yell as you plummet off the glacier, flailing your arms around in the air. This time the impact comes hard and soon. You clumsily smash into the icy water below and tumble through the water, hitting your head on something in the chaos. The swift current tugs at your limp body as the world darkens around you:

Noticing that you are once again warm you wonder, are you dead? Can dead people even think? Maybe you're just waking up from this nightmare... That's when the pain hits you... It feels like someone is playing ping-pong inside your skull. You roar in pain.
"He's alive!" Someone calls out... You open your eyes slowly and everything starts to come into focus. You're laying on a bed and a man is pointing at you.

"It's true what they say" he laughs "you cats really do have nine lives!" You groan. "We thought you were a goner there for awhile, we think you were in that water for awhile before one of the mages looking for horker tusks found you washed up on the shore. You're lucky that she was a healer... Anyway she brought you here, paid for your room and everything."
"How long have I been out for?" You inquire.
"Three days" says the man "I'm the innkeeper Dagur".
"Where am I?" You croak.
"Why you're in The Frozen Hearth, the greatest inn in all of Skyrim!"
A woman sweeping near the door scoffs loudly. "Don't mind her" Dagur says "That's my wife Haran. She's a good woman but obviously doesn't approve of my little joke there."
"Whoa... Whoa... Whoa... Back up there a second" you say "Skyrim? I'm in Skyrim?"
Dagur looks confused. "Where did you expect to be Khajiit?" He laughs "yes you're in Skyrim, home of the Nords."
Remembering the map in your pocket you start to pull it out when your hand finds a mysterious key in there... You ignore this for now and pull out the map, upon noticing this Dagur points to the top right corner. "You're here in Winterhold."
Dagur looks a little uncomfortable "This might be none of my business but what were you doing out there Khajiit? In the middle of nowhere? And with nothing but your tattered clothes and that map?"

Inventory:

- Tattered shirt and pants.
- Tattered foot wraps.
- Mysterious key.
- Map of Skyrim.

You consider how to reply.

You consider what your next move is.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 03:38:54 pm by The13thRonin »

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2013, 04:41:36 pm »

Try to lie, while weaving in nugget of truth, and try to get information about this place and feign amnesia.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2013, 04:51:40 pm »

Try not to be too reactionary to the NPC.

I want to know what you want to be the next move.

Do we stay in Winterhold or do we head somewhere else?

Also if anyone wants to tell me what they think of the update that'd be great...

Not enough pictures? Too many GIFs? Writing style doesn't rustle your jimmies?

Let me know so I can fix it to be better :).

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2013, 04:54:13 pm »

Saying that we were extremely drunk and hungover would be true.

Edit: I should have voted explicitly for Nord. Would have helped our situation. Now we don't even know how our own body works. Very well, we're in Windhelm, we must get out of here or find more permanent accomodation, or else freeze.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 04:56:34 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2013, 03:01:32 pm »

Also if anyone wants to tell me what they think of the update that'd be great...

Well... if you are asking...

Just a minor thing from me. If you are going to have a bunch of dialogue, I would say make a new paragraph when the speaker changes, but again, it's a minor thing, so don't change it if no one else cares.

Go with my last suggestion, and leave Winterhold. True it might be suspicious, but at least you won't have somebody watching over your shoulder

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2013, 03:08:29 pm »

You might want to spoiler the GIFs, so that if you have several updates on one page, people with Amish ISPs won't have to wait till the sun burns out for the page to load.

Other than that, chill out, man, you seem tense as hell over this suggestion game.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2013, 03:14:43 pm »

Just a minor thing from me. If you are going to have a bunch of dialogue, I would say make a new paragraph when the speaker changes, but again, it's a minor thing, so don't change it if no one else cares.

Go with my last suggestion, and leave Winterhold. True it might be suspicious, but at least you won't have somebody watching over your shoulder

Thank you, this is good advice. I reedited the first update. Is this more clear as far is the dialogue is concerned?

You might want to spoiler the GIFs, so that if you have several updates on one page, people with Amish ISPs won't have to wait till the sun burns out for the page to load.

I make the GIFS myself and they're not over 1.5MB each but I've followed your advice and spoiler tagged it all anyway. I think it makes the updates neater. Thanks.

PS - I am chilled out?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 03:18:40 pm by The13thRonin »

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2013, 03:36:30 pm »

Thank you, this is good advice. I reedited the first update. Is this more clear as far is the dialogue is concerned?

My OCD is better now, thanks.

PS - I am chilled out?

Pun?

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2013, 03:48:02 pm »

I vote
Leave Winterhold and make south for Windhelm. Make it seem like that was your intended destination to begin with. No need to actually go there in the end, but make it look like that's where you are heading.
Pages: 1 [2] 3