Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 32

Author Topic: (ISG) Halfling Paladin: Dead, but Sequel Starting...  (Read 30623 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
(ISG) Halfling Paladin: Dead, but Sequel Starting...
« on: July 10, 2013, 05:16:00 pm »

What is this crazy shit?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What are the rules?

Aaaaaand without further ado, the game!

---

You are a halfling, or a hobbit if you will, from the halfling capital town of Southbrook. These days you make your living as a humble preacher and alternate criminal judge, but you are a trained Paladin of Chindook (god of charity, light, adventure, and awesomeness™) and have a bit a of battle experience, from the last war against the Kobolds, under your belt.

Last night Chindook interrupted your perfectly good dream about a childhood crush, and told you to go and rescue the Halfling Governor, who is being held in the castle of the Demon Viceroy and subjected to some kind of dark magic. You don’t know what they are doing to the Governor or how long it will take, so you have to move quick. Trying to round up a posse would be ill advised, as the locals would think you crazy; the Governor often vanishes for days on his 'fishing trips', so it would take time you don’t have for people to believe that he has come to any harm.

You Begin Making your Preparations:

You write a quick letter to your family in a nearby village, letting them know you’ll be out of town, and setting your affairs in order in case the worst happens to you. With what name do you sign the letter? (Give me a gender as well, if the name does not make it obvious)

Next you visit the temple kennels, and select a Riding Dog for your upcoming adventure. There are a handful of solid canines, and as a Paladin you are entitled to your pick of the litter.

Choose a bitch to ride! Or a male dog if thats how you want to roll:

The market is your next destination, and you bring your meager life savings. You are sure if you save the governor will recieve a huge reward, so you might as might as well splurge on some gear. You always keep your sword sharp, you still barely fit into your armor, and your brother sent you a good sized pack of jerky for your birthday, so the basics are taken care of.

Buy one of these thing, you damn capitalist pig:

By the time you finish you shopping it is already mid-afternoon. Perhaps you should just spend the rest of the day preparing, and depart tomorrow...

Choose how you want to waste your time:

Sooner or later it is time to go. The Demon Viceroy’s Castle isn’t too far, but the path is split three ways and none of them are safe. When you reach the fork, you spend a few minutes pondering which way to go...

Choose the prelude dungeon you wanna go die in!

---

Party Stats:

« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 05:18:36 pm by Weirdsound »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Halfling Paladin: A Goofy Roguelike Adventure
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 05:25:11 pm »

Graveyard:
(In order of death)

Bestiary:
(In order of appearance)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 04:50:02 pm by Weirdsound »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 05:31:03 pm »

Brandy, dwarven-crafted sword, friend, Kobold
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 05:36:15 pm »

"X," as we are illiterate, but our name is Quigleyurk-the-Jobfic, ov-Zantmydsawp. (This took too long to make, but is worth it.)
Jobfic is Hobet for "Priest-Fighter," while "ov-" means "of" and in names refers to parents (in Quigleyurk's case, her mother). The full name includes the parent's profession and ancestors, as well as certain notable deeds done by the person and his/her ancestors.

Albus

Hunter's Kit

Chat with a friend

Kobold Den, our blade thirsts for more koblood!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 06:27:02 pm »

Name: Baloof the Halfling Hero. (The title is a vital part of any signature.)
Dog: Herman the German Shephard.
Item: Canine armor (just because it would look totally awesome).
Waste of Time: Convince your friend to come along FOR GREAT JUSTICE.
Route: Death to the blasphemous bandits!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 07:03:17 pm »

Oh yes PTW.
By the way, are we paladin of an evil god? Those exist, you know.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 07:05:53 pm »

We're a paladin of the God of Charity and Light, among other things.

Very sinister.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2013, 07:06:25 pm »

We're a paladin of the God of Charity and Light, among other things.

Very sinister.
Darnit.
Sig! Onol

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2013, 10:41:09 pm »

Alright. So I've been thinking... I want to make this game stand out...

How to do that...

Hrmmm...

I know! Watch this guys!

---

Prelude: Storming the Castle

Turn 1

Hey guys. I'm weirdsound. I'll be your GM. I think that is short for 'God-Man' or something. Its basically my job to make sure the characters in this game do exactly what you the players say, and to make them suffer the consequences of your actions. And holy shit, I'm huge. I should look into fixing that next update. Bigger is better and all, but this is a bit much.

Anyway. Lets get the show on the road. You are Quigleyurk-the-Jobfic, ov-Zantmydsawp, or X for short, because you can't read or write, so that is how you sign your name. You are a bad ass halfling Paladin out to save the Governor from the Demon Viceroy!

"What the hell? GWG's suggestion is for a female character, and this is very clearly a male pog you gave me! And why am I so out of focus? I'm not even wearing armor or holding a weapon for gods sake!"

Erm. It was the 'halfling' monster tile from Stone Soup. I'm lazy. Lets just say you are a Tomboy, or pray that one of the players will be merciful and make you a better image. Anyway moving alon...

"No... Sod that. GWG's suggestion can't be the canon one! He say's I'm illeterate, and I CLEARLY wrote a letter. You said so yourself in the OP!"

...........Your right. I should fix that.

"Thank yo-"

*click* I SMITETH THEE WITH THE GOD MAN MOUSE!

...There. I just deleted your ability to read. Now you are in compliance with the suggestion. You are welcome.

"...Fiddlesticks"

Okay. Now that we are finished sorting out canon and suggestion issues, lets get you a dog. Each suggester offered something different, so lets go to random .org and roll the mythical d3 to pick.

...Its a 2. Going in order, that means GWG gets his way again. Everybody welcomes Albus the bloodhound-wolf mutt thing!

"Why am I a wardog? You do know that Stone Soup, the very game you took this image off of, has a wolf tile! You sir are a lazy fuc-"

*Click* DOGS DON'T TALK!

"Woooof! Arooooooooooooooooooo!"

Alright... Now then. Lets do your shopping X. This looks like another job for the d3! Lets see what you get...

"Ballin! A 1! That means I get the Dwarven Sword Scapheap wanted for me! Now I can dump my old blade on my helpless newbish friend when random.org makes my starting partner roll a 1 or 2."

Right... well lets see. You spend the afternoon convincing your friend that you are not crazy, and by the time the sun sets he or she is about to agree to travel with you... *Rolls dice*

Mother of god... Its a 9. You lucky bastards get a 9/10 ranked partner to start the game!

...Alright. You almost have your fellow paladin, best friend, and long time crush Jorgen convinced to tag along, when all of a sudden your half-angel rival Amelia bursts into the temple! Amelia has always been one step ahead of you in training, and she even has a pog that I cared enough to put effort into!

"Hey X! I'm better than you in every way, and I'm going to tag along, kill the Demon Viceroy, save the Govenor, and steal all your credit. There ain't a damn thing you can do about it either!"

"Wonderful. Just kill me now."

"Oh! Please do that Weirdsound, then I could be main character!"

Hrrrrrmmmmm.... Nope.

With your suicide vetoed and your new 'friend' Amelia in toe, you set out to save the governor, and chart a course into the dreaded Kobold Den! Four adorable and bloodthirsty cutebolds guard the entrance. They should be no match for you, let alone you and Amelia. Albus' Hunter ability fails to activate, so no additional monsters join the scuffle.

Players, X and Amelia are yours to command. Do try not to get them both killed in the first battle of the prelude...

"Hey! What about my awesome dungeon map peeking ability! Don't I get to do that?"

I havn't made the dungeon map yet. I'll do that if the Kobolds don't kill you. Now then, shut up and let me do the end of turn Stats stuff!

... Oh, and players, don't forget, you can draw an awesome or humiliating picture of one of the characters. If you do, I'll use it, and give whatever you tell them to do extra consideration for the next turn!

---

Party Stats:

Battle Map:

Enemy Stats:

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2013, 10:48:08 pm »

((Technically, X is just what Quigleyurk signed.))
((Oh, and before I forget: Nice update.))

Have Amelia charge into the midst of the cutebolds! Wish we had a hunter's kit to shoot them with!
Sig

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2013, 10:49:28 pm »

((Hahahahhahha oh God, this is gonna be great.))

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2013, 12:08:25 am »

(lolwutptw)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2013, 12:54:25 am »

Prelude: Storming the Castle

Turn 2

Technically, X is just what Quigleyurk signed.

"Yeah. Like I'm going to pronounce 'Queergayurk' everytime I want to talk to that loser. I'm going to keep calling her 'X', and their ain't a damn thing you can do about it."

...Have Amelia charge into the midst of the cutebolds!

"Craaaaaaaapp..."

"You heard GWG, make with the reckless charging Amelia."

*coughHactielisthedumbestcharacterinthatdungeonsgamecough* "I mean... FOR CELESTIAL GLORY!"

Amelia charges foward, but can't quite reach melee range with any of the Kobolds, even with her celestial movement speed.

Seeing as she is now a sitting duck, the Cutebolds all set upon her! The first little bastard takes a snap at our half angel friend and rolls a 12... which when added to its bonus of 2 perfectly ties Amelia's AC of 2. Because it is too late to give serious consideration to the philosophical and game theory ideas on the matter of who wins a tie, I'll just give it to the party member this time. After all, the poor girl still has to fend off 3 more...

The second cutebold charges Amelia, and gets her right in the neck with a natural 20 dagger roll! The roll to confirm the crit is just a six however, so the attack fails to find that major artery that people stab to quickly evacuate all the blood from their victim. The attack however still ends up dealing the maximum 7 damage.

The second cutebold bites into Amelia's leg with an attack roll of 18 and a damage roll of five. She has lost alot of blood... this last attack could mean the end of her.

The final baddie however rolls a six, and the half angel is able to duck under the potential finishing blow!

"Are you trying to get me killed, you bastard wyrm thing you?" -2 Chemistry between Amelia and GWG.

"I have no order this turn. I guess I'll have Albus creep forward with me a bit so I'm in a better position to help. On that note, Weirdsound, why the hell did you rush the turn without waiting for orders for me?"

I seem to be having technical issues with Maptools. It wont let me save your campaign file as it seems to be perpetualy stuck autosaving. I'll lose the map positioning and size as soon as I close Maptools or turn off my PC, so I want to rush this fight. Sorry about preempting the turn and whatnot. I'll leave my computer on overnight in standby mode, and try to rush through the rest of this encounter tomorrow.

You players might want to have X heal Amiela next turn... she is nearly dead and can't even get away or cast a healing spell without provoking four cutebold AoOs. Cutebolds are good at AoOs. Hehehe.

---

Party Stats:

Battle Map:

Enemy Stats:

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Halfling Paladin: A Goofy and Meta Roguelike Adventure
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2013, 03:27:04 am »

((Well this went beyond what I was expecting.))

Lesser Healing: Amelia Style and run toward Albus. In that order. If not just heal.

And Albus and X shall murder the Kolbold nearest them.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Halfling Paladin: A Goofy and Meta Roguelike Adventure
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2013, 03:37:16 am »

Aw c'mon, you sword chicken thing! Up and at em! Wait, you're about to expire or something aren't you.
Hey Xuilgurk. You should probably go heal that flying chickenhuman.

Hey, a talking dog! Er, you do talk, don't you? Why don't you go insult the dog lizard kobolds while biting them or something?
Sig! Onol
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 32