Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19

Author Topic: You are Another Wizard! - Library!  (Read 21158 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
You are Another Wizard! - Library!
« on: July 10, 2013, 07:12:15 pm »

(A quasi-sequel to You Are WIZARD! This is still a suggestion game.)

You awaken, as usual, at what appears to be a room in the town of Flom. Of course, it is not; that was just an impressive illusion converted to fit whoever lived in the room. You're at the Academis Primus, in Quarlx, center of of the Zionic lands. Only two kinds of students end up here: The great mages-in-training, the too-talented students of everywhere else of importance (Reyk Figarans excluded), and those who had caused...impropriety in magic, to be polite.
More directly, they'd been caught being unacceptably rogue (or something else that drew too much bad attention) and were here to be knocked upside the head (figuratively) before being allowed to continue anything. Only way to tell them apart really was asking specific questions to specific psionics students, otherwise they acted more or less alike.

A few years ago they said you could tell them apart easily: you either had a ridiculously pointy hat, or you didn't. But the reason for that changing, aside from the official answer ("It is simply just a consequence related to the reason Reyk Figarans are disallowed, feel free to wear whatever headgear you wish as long as it does not involve enraged cauterized decapitation of fellow students. If a second case of that EVER happens here again, you will be disintegrated with extreme prejudice, and your parents/guardians notified of your de-existence.") was hidden, and hopefully you are part of the former group and not the latter. Being stuck near the experimental rooms as someone with not much interest in that area was problematic to your thoughts in general, and your memory specifically. Sometimes you'd wake up and not remember what your name was but could narrate the entirety of the most recent play to have been performed nearby.

...damnit. Today was one of those days. But it was at least a play you'd heard of before this time.

Pick two magic schools from below, and then the following for our character (magics will be by majority):
Name:
General appearance:
Name of the play (optional):
Other (optional):

Magics:
Spoiler: Magics! (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mechanics (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: OOC note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 07:27:35 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
Re: You are Another Wizard!
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 07:18:54 pm »

Name: Petra Threepwood(GEAR SEER)
General Appearance: Tall, gangly lady with a grey duster and goggles (and also other clothes).  Is missing two fingers. May or may not be blue haired, depending on the time of day and the amount of oil she's been exposed to today.
Name of the play: The Dolls of New Albion
Other: Counts in base 8. Has really weird hair problems. Probably likes coffee.

Magics:
Magitechnica
Alchemy
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 07:48:22 pm by Twi »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 07:26:06 pm »

PTW

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 07:27:28 pm »

It would help more if you suggested something, though. Or agreed with twi's if we should just be them and go.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 07:29:36 pm »

Oh my, I didn't realise it was a suggestion game! I've been meaning to get involved with one a these.. A moment, if you please!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 07:33:13 pm »

Name: Petra Arcane
Appearance: A tall woman who could easily be mistaken for a man.
Play: The Ending Game
Other: An aggressive female wizard who was magically checked to make sure she was actually a girl. Needless to say, this didn't help matters. She has an excellent tactical mind and is quite accurate with ranged weapons.

Magics: Magitechnica, Pyromancy
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 07:35:42 pm »

Oh my, I didn't realise it was a suggestion game!
What did you think it was, out of curiousity?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2013, 07:39:42 pm »

Name: Nikolas Hocks
General appearance: A very lean man of average height, with curly brown locks that nearly reach his shoulders. Is actually quite handsome, for a mage, and though he keeps a beard its generally only stubble on his chin and cheeks. If he's clean shaven its only because a stray flame torched a patch of it.
Magics: Pyromancy, Cryomancy
Other (optional): Low alcohol tolerance. Tends to black out should he have even a sip. Despises adventures and would do his utmost to avoid them.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2013, 07:41:56 pm »

Oh my, I didn't realise it was a suggestion game!
What did you think it was, out of curiousity?
A low-capacity RPG. Dunno what I was thinking. Now that I've looked through the thing I don't know how I could've missed all those hints. I need a damned coffee..

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2013, 08:21:08 pm »

Name: Nikolas Hocks
General appearance: A very lean man of average height, with curly brown locks that nearly reach his shoulders. Is actually quite handsome, for a mage, and though he keeps a beard its generally only stubble on his chin and cheeks. If he's clean shaven its only because a stray flame torched a patch of it.
Magics: Pyromancy, Cryomancy
Other (optional): Low alcohol tolerance. Tends to black out should he have even a sip. Despises adventures and would do his utmost to avoid them.

Vote for this, but with the Cryomancy swapped for alchemy.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2013, 08:21:50 pm »

Name: Wizard Khalifa
Appearance: A homeboy rappah bard who balls with his homedog Gs.
Other: He raps his spells instead of just saying them.

Magics:

Magitechnia
Psionics
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2013, 08:25:55 pm »

Well, thats three votes for Magitechnica, so unless theres something else that gets more it'll be that and another magic to start. Nikolas is currently the most wanted it seems. (if we die and can't get back somehow, I'll grab another character from the beginning and we'll merge with him/her/them/it.)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2013, 08:26:27 pm »

Magitechnica and Pyro.

No other votes, just those for magics.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2013, 08:31:25 pm »

So, you're basically voting for Petra Arcane?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2013, 08:32:27 pm »

Silly GWG, character =/= spells.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19