Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21

Author Topic: Roll to Dodge the Tyger: Turn 20: Fin  (Read 30935 times)

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge the Tyger: Turn 16: Wherin Nothing Of Any Note Happens
« Reply #270 on: August 21, 2013, 01:05:08 pm »

Bah, I am aware that remu has been away for the entire turn, and thus it isn't really fair to skip him, but if he doesn't post before I head home from school I am going to just give him a passing action (with the roll determining what happens) and post the turn then.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge the Tyger: Turn 16: Wherin Nothing Of Any Note Happens
« Reply #271 on: August 21, 2013, 06:15:55 pm »

Turn 17: Nary a success in sight

[3] Annie attempts once again to tear some cloth off her safari shirt to use to bind her wound. Sadly, it appears that the people who made it made it extremely well. Even after a most valiant attempt she finds it completely unharmed.
[-5 HP from bleeding]

[1] Joe hears a grumble from farther down in the cave. Looking down, he sees something walk slowly out of the darkness. A creature that is possibly the worst thing he could face, because like him it has the power of a primal element. And it seems that it is upset.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[-5 HP from bleeding]
[Hungry->Famished]
[exhausted]

[1-1] Blake takes off running, away from the ants. After he goes about 5 steps though his leg goes straight into a hole. His forward momentum however isn’t a big fan of stopping, and after a second he falls straight forward on the ground. His left leg tries to stop him, but his leg bone isn’t strong enough, and with a loud CRACK, it breaks. As if a broken leg wasn’t enough, the ants are definitely aware of the intruder in their midst.
[-20 HP]
[Broken Left Leg]
OH GOD ANTS: [6-2,6-1,5,4+1]v[6+1,4+1,6+1,4+1], counter: [1+1,2+1]v[4-2,6-1],Alone ants are a puny threat. But when attacked by a massive swarm of ants there isn’t much you can really do to stop them. For now Blake manages to fend them off, but more ants are coming, and it’s possible that Blake doesn’t have much time left if he doesn’t escape soon.
((The ants get a swarm bonus. Each ant after the first attacking gets a +1))
[exhausted]

[Autosuccess] The Tiger backtracks to where this all began, and picks up a trail of one of the few humans still remaining.
[3] The rain stays steady, the only change is the night slowly giving way to day.
-----
Time of day: Day 6 AM (Night in 7 turns)
Weather: Rainstorm
-----
Spoiler: Blake; GreatWyrmGold (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Joe Bridger; Remuthra (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Annie Marie; Lalasa (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Tiger (click to show/hide)
-----
I really want to get this over with (and get onto running my next game which will involve insane cultists). Because of that I am running the next turn in 24 hours, hopefully by which time everyone will have posted turns.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 10:17:42 pm by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge the Tyger: Turn 17: Nary a success in sight
« Reply #272 on: August 21, 2013, 06:17:46 pm »

What's Joe being attacked by?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 21, 2013, 06:33:28 pm »

*reads title* Oh crap.
*reads turn* OH CRAP!

Escape the hole, crawl away from the swarm, crawl towards the river to drown the frikkin' ants.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 21, 2013, 07:13:25 pm »

The element BEAR.

Yeah, I realized after I posted the turn (while I was in the car), that it wasn't exceedingly clear.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 21, 2013, 07:15:07 pm »

The element BEAR.

Yeah, I realized after I posted the turn (while I was in the car), that it wasn't exceedingly clear.
I got it once I opened the spoiler and shifted a bit to the right. That is a really big image.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 21, 2013, 07:18:03 pm »

Fixed both the size and added a bit of extra description right after the image to avoid any possible confusion..
EDIT:Removed the description, if you can't figure it out from just the picture (now that its been resized), then you shall languish forever (or till the next turn at least) in ignorance.
EDIT2: Or read the post two posts ago, whichever.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 07:31:52 pm by lemon10 »

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 21, 2013, 08:57:16 pm »

((I don't have much to write at the moment D: ))

Obviously being a rich girl had some drawbacks.  This time it was because her shirt was of a too durable make to tear easily.  No matter how much she tugged at it, not a single piece would come off.  At the very least the sky had turned a lighter shade of slate gray than earlier, enough that Annie could try to leave her current perch and move to a better location.

Annie attempts swimming to the closest shore possible and then looks for something, anything to bind her arm with.  It's really quite unhealthy so slowly bleed to death.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 21, 2013, 10:15:10 pm »

Yeah, there isn't really much to write about on the third turn of bleeding into a lake from a tree.

EDIT: Forgot to add exhausted to Blake and Joe's profile. Yeah, that's going to hurt.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 22, 2013, 12:32:27 pm »

So, after looking through remu's most recent posts, I learned that he will be without internet access till the 29th. Since I hope that the game will be over by then (and am rather annoyed by the fact that he didn't say anything about it here), I am kicking him out of the game. If someone wants to take over for him (and posts such within the next 6 hours before I run the turn) they can. Otherwise his character is just out entirely.
EDIT: They won't get a free pass into my next game though, so it will only be until one of the characters remaining dies.

Scratch all that, there isn't really any point in doing that. The game will end as soon as Blake and Annie finish with their current problems. If they survive them, then they go on to the next game (otherwise they have the same chance as everyone else for getting in).
Double scratch that. I already said that the last two characters alive would get into my next game. Technically Joe is still alive till I kill him next turn. That means if either/both Blake and Annie survive this turn then they get into the next game, even if they die a turn after that.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 03:41:46 pm by lemon10 »

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 22, 2013, 04:03:12 pm »

Turn 18: Eaten Alive

[1] Annie looks around, and she clearly sees a small island to the “east” adjacent to the walls of the ravine. It even looks like it has an animal trail she could use to get back to the jungle proper (not that it looks like the climb is safe). She dives off the tree, and is halfway to the small island she noticed when she begins to tire. She manages to go on for a few more minutes until she accidently takes a gulp of water. She manages to get the water out of her lungs after some vigorous coughing, but she realizes that she may actually die here in this placid lake.
[Drowning]
[-5 HP from bleeding]

[3-2] Blake tries to drag his leg out of the hole, but to his horror finds that it’s completely stuck. He only tries for a moment however, because soon he is focused entirely on the ants.
[2-2,5-1,5,1+1,1+2,3+3,6+4,4+5]v[1+1-1,2+1-1,6+1-1,2+1-1,5+1-1,6+1-1,1+1-1,3+1-1], total roll differences: [-1,2,-1,0,-2,0,9,6] The ants swarm over every inch of blake, searching for a way in, and within moments they succeed. Even though the pain from a single ant bite is trivial, the pain of tens of thousands of ants is anything but. After a minute of the pain he passes out, and soon the ants finish devouring him completely.
[-10 HP]
[-110 HP]
[-40 HP]
[2 ant legions internalized]
[The Enemy Within]
[EXCRUCIATING PAIN]
[Blake is Dead]

[AUTOFAIL] Joe gathers his fire, and compresses it into a tiny ball. He fires it with all his force at the bear who then eats it. Shit. It appears that the bear isn’t just any ordinary bear, it’s a Sun Bear, with the ability to nullify the element of fire. Completely shocked by this turn of events, Joe stands still for a bit too long and it only takes a few seconds for the bear to reach him and bite off his head in a single action.
[-47 HP]
[Joe Bridger is Dead]

[2+2] The Tiger gets on the trail of his chosen prey and disappears into the dark jungle.

[2] The rain slows down again, as if it was a response to the incursion of living humans. Soon the rain is simply a minor annoyance once again.

-----
Time of day: Day 8 AM (Night in 9 turns)
Weather: Rain
-----

-----
This game will continue long enough to determine if Annie gets out of the lake, at which point it will end.
Lalasa gets free entry into the next game I am running, which should have the rules and OP posted within a day or two. Sorry GWG,  you have to get lucky like everyone else and be on when I open the thread.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge the Tyger: Turn 18: Eaten Alive
« Reply #281 on: August 22, 2013, 04:46:21 pm »

Slowly dripping her source of life away, Annie hadn't reckoned for the possibility that her heavy bleeding may have weakened her to such a point.  No matter how furiously she paddled and kicked, she could feel herself slowly growing heavier.  She couldn't die here, she simply couldn't!  Or perhaps it would be easier this way?  She hadn't seen anyone else except for herself since the fire and there's no telling how long she'd be here.

I wonder if father will ever look up from his court and lavish parties to notice his daughter isn't with him anymore.  Perhaps he'll simply remarry and procure another one.  It gets hard to remember people when everyone just seems... so... trivial...this lake is quite peaceful...~

Annie continues attempting to escape the lake, but much less vigorously.  Being forgotten has sapped her motivation, and for the first time since coming to the jungle, she feels oddly alone.

((Great game and I can't believe I "won".  The free pass to the next one is much appreciated and I'm looking forward to it, even though I'm also sad to see this go.))
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 04:48:27 pm by Lalasa »

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge the Tyger: Turn 18: Eaten Alive
« Reply #282 on: August 22, 2013, 05:39:58 pm »

Turn 19: Slowly Drowning, The Futility of Life
[4-2] Annie tries to get the rest of the way out of the lake but her body is failing her. After fifteen minutes with very little progress, once again her head goes beneath the water, and this time she barely has the energy to bring it out again.
[-5 HP from bleeding]
[-10 HP]
[Drowning changed]
[Autosuccess] The Tiger continues along the path. It is over a hour later when he finds out (to his dismay), that his chosen target was already dead. Luckily, although it seems that the human somehow foolishly lost his head, the rest of his body (including his heart) was intact. How Lucky for him.

[3] The light rain continues slowly drifting down.
-----
Time of day: Day 10 AM (Night in 5 turns)
Weather: Rain
-----

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge the Tyger: Turn 19: Slowly Drowning, The Futility of Life
« Reply #283 on: August 22, 2013, 06:07:43 pm »

(Talk youself into getting out the river, thus getting your bonus into your attempts.)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge the Tyger: Turn 19: Slowly Drowning, The Futility of Life
« Reply #284 on: August 22, 2013, 06:13:28 pm »

((1. Would that even work at this stage scapheap?
2. Is it worth prolonging the game when clearly its going to end whether or not I do anything?  I can try to prolong it, but lemon may not like it.  Hey lemon10, should I just finish up already?  I can already see that you are.))
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21