Yes!
- 9 (23.7%)
No!
- 13 (34.2%)
Maybe!
- 16 (42.1%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155]

Author Topic: Bloc: The Glorious U.B.A.  (Read 114359 times)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bloc: The Glorious U.B.A.
« Reply #2310 on: October 26, 2013, 07:05:56 am »

*double post by accident, please delete*
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: October 26, 2013, 02:01:18 pm »

Sorry for abandoning everyone after I said I wasn't planning it. I got so fed up with BLOC and since our overall activity was low, I felt it would of been a waste of time to re-organize after I made the terrible mistake of not doing it any sooner when we had the numbers to justify it. I really should of allowed more member-participation in terms of daily politics, instead of just doing it all by myself. BLOC was a fairly interesting experiment filled with a plethora of issues game mechanics-wise and community-wise, although it did have its fun spots. However as I said multiple times leading up to my sudden departure from the group, every time we had to negotiate with another alliance made me feel like I was gouging myself in the eyes (I'm paraphrasing a bit, but that's the gist of it.)

Hope another game pops up in its place, since I loved the idea. Hopefully it'll be much better in terms of gameplay than BLOC and hopefully won't have me as a leader of one of the alliances.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: October 26, 2013, 06:57:42 pm »

From the Facepunch forums (sorry if this is old news but I just wanted a record here):

Quote from: Goot
If you're curious about a high up GGU perspective on the "events" then basically...

We (as in GGU AND much of the active IFAP players) were planning to all quit weeks ago but wanted to hold on for a big war. Then we almost did it again last week but figured we could prod the big war with FFF into happening sooner than FFF was going to do it, maybe pulling out a final last fun war from the game before everyone bails.

The war happens, is a pretty brutal standstill between OoN and FFF. During the war we start noticing a lot of cheating. More than ever and really blatant in some cases, in particular every day sets of 3 identical nations would be created and the next day would be stripped of 20k troops, I estimated about 400k worth of troops were made this way and that's just the ones I noticed.* So, we gave the war a week to see if rumsod would show up and do something. PMs were sent to him with no respons. E-mails were sent with no response. So the week came and went and we bailed.

That would have been the end of it pretty much. We had a goodbye post typed up by DCB, the toomanywords guy and were going to have him post that then wreck our nations down to nothing over the course of a couple days and that would be that.

Then we found out something. Every bug, hack and exploit rumsod claimed he had fixed? He never fixed it. They still all worked with a little modification (or in some cases exactly as before), they still all were going on. So several GGU and IFAP guys tableflipped. OP got handed out in the IRC, Admin got handed out on the forum. Everything was chaos but only in irc and the forum, we didn't touch the game.

Now that the cat is out of the bag on all the exploits still working people are spamming them ingame. Multis are being made en-masse using a program that got commed to everyone in the game. The instructions for firing off any event you want ingame were also mass commed to everyone. Someone is doing the same disband exploit to keep disbanding all the alliances every day. It's pretty much cheatland.

*After the dust settled this weekend we had a nice friendly chat with most of the high up FFF guys including Uranistan, Alfonso and the others who had been doing most of the cheating. They claim it wasn't them doing the mass multis for troops. I know it wasn't anyone in GGU or IFAP so who was making all those troops is a mystery. We had been tentatively tying the troop generation to the trickle of troops into FFF but not being able to see where the troops were sent (spies only catch incoming not outgoing) it's impossible to say for sure.

I feel very sorry about Bloc failing, but considering rumsod's history with running previous games similiar to this (only on forums and not automated like Bloc), it was probably inevitable.

Thank god people are finally admitting what I was trying to tell them on the Bloc forums. Rumsod is an awful game creator. There wasn't a single part of Bloc that was properly functional. Honestly he probably did a lot of other dumb things that would allow for even more effective cheating and account hacking, but I didn't wanna test it out because cheating was already so easy and I am lazy. I suspect it would be possible to hack almost anyone's account without knowing their password. I am not sure whether Rumsod used PHP's default session code which is pretty easy to crack.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: November 24, 2013, 10:17:33 pm »

Did anybody else recently get an email about Bloc relaunching? And, more importantly, how many people are actually going back?
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: November 24, 2013, 10:23:12 pm »

I never got an email. Link me please?

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: November 24, 2013, 10:55:38 pm »

Did anybody else recently get an email about Bloc relaunching? And, more importantly, how many people are actually going back?
Yes, and aw hell no, are my answers to your questions respectively.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: November 24, 2013, 11:27:55 pm »

If Rumsod is running it and it attracts the same community, probably not.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Unusedname

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: November 24, 2013, 11:31:46 pm »

I got the email but figured it was some trick by heidi to steal information off my computer

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: November 25, 2013, 12:04:15 am »

If Rumsod is running it, it just means same crowd of exploiters and half assed updates that mess up the game. It will just get sabotaged again and compromise my passwords.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: November 25, 2013, 02:31:05 am »

Nope, and like Sensei, not a chance.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: November 25, 2013, 07:22:47 pm »

Received email, logged on, found out that everything was NOT reset. I am still at the same air force level, still at the same tech level, my cash and opinions were reset and such, but it's still unbalanced. Not going back.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155]