Yes!
- 9 (23.7%)
No!
- 13 (34.2%)
Maybe!
- 16 (42.1%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 155

Author Topic: Bloc: The Glorious U.B.A.  (Read 113631 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Bloc: The Glorious U.B.A.
« on: July 11, 2013, 06:18:55 pm »

Spoiler: Original Post (click to show/hide)

Alliance Rules
1. I am the Supreme Leader of the U.B.A. I have final say in all issues and decisions, and not following them can result in being kicked from the group.
2. All members of the alliance must be either non-aligned, or eastern-aligned. No exceptions. Nations who align themselves with the west will be kicked immediately from the alliance.
3. Attacking of other alliances can only be done with the permission of the Supreme Leader. If you attack another alliance without asking, you'll have to pay war reparations. If you cannot pay them or refuse to pay them, you will be kicked from the group.
4. Posting any kind of classified information about the alliance outside of the forum will result in a warning in mild cases, and a kick in severe cases. Classified information is defined as anything that can alert the enemy to our intentions, or allow them to more effectively discover our intentions and plans.
5. If you are requesting any kind of aid in the thread, make sure to state what your nation's name is. If you are involved in a war, make sure to post the enemy nations name as well.
6. Any cooperation with western aligned nations will result in removal from the group. This cooperation includes trading money, troops, or oil with these nations even if they're providing some kind of compensation in return. I will not tolerate any kind of cooperation with the international bourgeois.
7. You cannot attack eastern-aligned countries unless they are providing a direct threat to you. We do not attack our fellow comrades in arms.
8. Failure to praise the Supreme Leader of the U.B.A. will result in summary execution.

The rules will stay this way until a clear majority is reached in regards to how we govern ourselves. Any dissent directed towards the current system will result in summary execution. Any and all temporary democratic rights granted by the Supreme Leader before a form of government is decided is a simple formality.

How to join the alliance.
1. Look through the players guide linked below.
2. Create a nation in Africa, no exceptions to this rule.
3. Make sure you're either non-aligned, or eastern bloc aligned. No western aligned nations are allowed, period.
3. Post your NATION'S name (Not ruler name) in the thread and ask for an invite.
  3a. Do not send me a communique in-game to be invited. I want every potential member posting on here, so I can ensure it's not a spy.
    3b. If you're new to the forums or an escaped lunatic, expect more suspicion placed upon you.
4. Wait for me to add you to the alliance. It may take a bit, since the alliance founder is the only one who can invite. I can't be on all of the time.

New Player Tips
1. Buy a crate of Lee-Enfield rifles ASAP. One crate will instantly boost you to WW1 tech, while forty crates will boost you to WW2 tech. Do not start working towards WW2 tech until you're around 500 GDP.
2. Keep your stability and government approval high. Once they're high enough, they'll pretty much never go down. Do this by investing money into domestic policies that increase those two stats, and it's suggested you do this as soon as you get to WW1 tech.
3. You cannot declare war or buy/sell oil until you get to 110 GDP (Not entirely sure. It's either 110GDP or 115GDP. You also might be able to declare war once you hit 15K troops, not sure.)
4. In a war, the following factors are the most important battle. Army size (I hear different things regarding this, and I'll research it more), training (VITAL), tech level, and to a lesser extent airforce size.
5. Airplanes can be purchased from either the Soviet Union or the U.S.A. capitalist menace. Buying from the Soviet Union costs more money, but can be bought by any nation regardless of alliance. Buying from the west is cheaper, but you must be aligned with them. Any nation aligned with the west for any reason will be shunned and kicked from the alliance.
6. A month (full turn) passes every twelve hours, but you're constantly gaining a small percentage of your GDP every ten minutes.
7. You can only launch one infantry attack per month. You can however launch three airforce strikes a turn, along with two gas attacks a turn.
8. Airforces' bomb the nations economy and reduce growth, they also apparently reduce oil production (?).
9. When at war with a nation of an opposing alignment, you can request bloc aid for free. This will give you things varying from extra troops, chemical weapon progress, cash, airplanes, etc. Also has a small chance of not doing anything. Can only be done once a turn.
10. To become aligned with either the east or west, you need to use the "Kiss Ass" option in the foreign policies section three times. If your reputation drops to red, you'll be automatically kicked from the alliance.
11. Your reputation slowly increases over time if you don't do anything. Declaring wars on green reputation nations will make your reputation drastically drop, and declaring war on red nations will actually improve your reputation.
12. If your reputation drops low enough, you risk a U.N. sanction being placed on you. This reduces growth, and is really fucking annoying.
13. If your reputation drops to Axis of Evil, you risk a 50% chance a turn to be reset by the U.N. This wipes all of your progress, and pretty much reverts you back to how you started out.

Spoiler: Member List (click to show/hide)

Here is our forum. A screening process is in effect however, and to get in you must PM me your nation name to get screened.

DEFENSIVE PACTS WITH OTHER ALLIANCES
We have defensive pacts with other alliances, so keep this in mind when you're looking for targets/getting attacked by other people. You're not supposed to attack people in ANY alliance, but I figure I may as well list this to any of the people who aren't paying a whole lot of attention to the BLOC forums and our private forums.

Spoiler: Pacts (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 12:32:56 am by Bdthemag »
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
Re: BLOC: A Multiplayer Political Simulator
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 06:35:06 pm »

Sounds interesting. I'm in. What nation are you? So I can start nearby.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 06:37:45 pm »

Sounds interesting. I'm in. What nation are you? So I can start nearby.
I posted it above, but I'm the Democratic People's Republic of Rhodesia in Africa. Location again doesn't matter too much, since you can declare war on anyone as long as their GDP (Basically the amount of cash you get in a "Month" which I believe happens everyday, but you get cash every hour) is 75%-200% of yours. Starting in Africa gives you the "Blood Diamonds" policy which you can enact, which gives you cash but lowers your reputation and quality of life.

Also, it appears just recently that the 4chan alliance had the leader kick everyone out, so the only big contenders now are the Facepunch alliance and the Goon alliance.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 08:54:32 pm »

Right, I joined as The Revolutionary Democratic People's Republic of Eximious, in Africa.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 09:32:37 pm »

The great nation of West Nile of Africa has also joined.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 09:38:34 pm »

Sounds fun. I'm in. The Democratic Republic of East Uganda has joined the game!
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2013, 09:55:35 pm »

Every time I try and attack someone it says they're occupied. How do I attack?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2013, 09:57:40 pm »

I will probably join this later.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2013, 09:58:31 pm »

Awesome, I'll try to make the alliance now. Any name suggestions? I was thinking the Unified Bayside Alliance (UBA.) I'll make it, and start throwing out invites.

It means someone else is currently attacking them, if you just started out DON'T start wars. You need at least 115 GDP to start fighting, and you need a decent army/tech level/training.
Welcome to Reality.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2013, 10:03:18 pm »

Awesome, I'll try to make the alliance now. Any name suggestions? I was thinking the Unified Bayside Alliance (UBA.) I'll make it, and start throwing out invites.

It means someone else is currently attacking them, if you just started out DON'T start wars. You need at least 115 GDP to start fighting, and you need a decent army/tech level/training.
UBA sounds good.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2013, 10:04:07 pm »

UBA sounds good, or possibly the Alliance of Bays?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2013, 10:06:52 pm »

Okay, sent out invites to everyone who posted their alliance name. If you want to start fighting wars, I highly advise you wait a bit. At least until your GDP is around 120-140. You'll want to make sure your technology is First World War Surplus (Buy a crate of lee enfields. You can get to WW2 surplus, but it takes forty crates) and find a good target. Find someone who isn't being occupied, and someone who has a weaker army and for added chance of success someone who is inactive. It's usually nice to conscript until you're two times bigger than their army, but make sure to train AFTER you conscript. Newly conscripted troops lower the overall training of your army, so make sure to spend money until their training is at least Average.

You can eventually get an Air Force (Which I don't have yet) by aligned yourself to the West or the East (Which you do by kissing the asses of a particular nation three times in the foreign menu, not sure if I'm going to align to anyone yet.) You can also get gas attacks, but that'll take a long time and only a few people currently have it.
Welcome to Reality.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2013, 10:29:00 pm »

My nation is Ithaneau, invite me~

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2013, 10:29:52 pm »

It says I'm too poor to sell my Oil. What.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2013, 10:32:29 pm »

It says I'm too poor to sell my Oil. What.
I think there's a certain limit on what you can do when you have a GDP below 115. I wouldn't sell it either, as Oil can be hard to come by if you're not in the Middle East. Middle Eastern nations have an 80% chance of finding oil, while other nations only have a 20% chance. Luckily I struck oil, but if you can't get a reliable source war is the only way. Just save it. If you need cash, wait until your reputation and quality of life is high (This will grow as long as you have a decent stability/approval, if you want quality of life to get high fast and you have a centralized economy, use the hospital policy in domestic.)

You don't really need Oil until you get an Airforce anyways.
Welcome to Reality.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 155