Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27

Author Topic: You are a Skeletal Dragon [ASG] - The Fifth Reckoning is Upon Us!  (Read 28771 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Skeletal Dragon [ASG]
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2013, 02:17:15 pm »

Disregarding benefits for a second and putting ourselves in the viewpoint of our character, who is a dragon soul trapped in its body for 5000 years as a result of being murderated, likely revenge hungry, and above all a DRAGON, who are not known for being kind and generous, even less one like we were, what IC justification have we for turning good?
At all?

Because we're not stupid and can recognize when a plan doesn't work - it didn't last time, did it? We are an ancient dragon (and an undead one on top of that), after all, not some silly meatbag human that acts solely on stupid emotions. So we play up the atoner bit, get the respect of heroes, obtain moral higher ground and essentially get a much stabler, nicer place to rule over forever. It's really that simple.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 02:19:49 pm by Harry Baldman »

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2013, 02:19:46 pm »

As you enter the room, you first notice its fairly large size - it is probably the main room of this place. What looks like the main entrance is collapsed, but it looks like you could possibly break it open with enough force.
What surprises you is the fact that you find bookshelves here that didn't rot thorough the past five millennia somehow. The few parchments are written in archaic languages which you think you should remember, but you don't.

In the center of this room lies a table with a painting on top, but most of it is barely comprehensible right now. You can however see an outline of a dragon fighting men. This dragon is probably you. Something is written below that, but you are having trouble reading it. You can however understand most of it:
"For futu      tions,             , Harbi       f Cold"

The author probably made this as a warning from you for future generations.

In all of this nostalgic madness, you start to remember your magical formulas you once threated the world with.

Spoiler: Spells (click to show/hide)

Also, while you realize that you are a female dragon, you still can't find your name in your memory. // You better fix that.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2013, 02:22:44 pm »

Stow the parchments somewhere safe so we can figure out how to read them later. Blow up the rubble by using Tavez in the center of it. Make sure to leave the room before it blows up.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2013, 02:25:00 pm »

Destroy the inscription on the wall. It means nothing now. Then explore the side tunnels.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2013, 06:33:55 pm »

*growls at Xantalos*
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2013, 06:39:25 pm »

Pay any attention to noises we make when we move. Try and move as swiftly and silently as possible while performing the other actions.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2013, 07:17:43 pm »

*growls at Xantalos*
Oh what? Are you resorting to physical threats in wake of my IMPECCABLE CHARACTER LOGIC?
*flexes brain*
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2013, 07:25:50 pm »

No, at this:
...and above all a DRAGON, who are not known for being kind and generous...
I and other metallic dragons are a bit insulted at the insinuation that all dragons are evil. We're dialing up Falkor and others, too.

Anyways.

Return to the junction and turn left. Exploration!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2013, 07:28:24 pm »

No, at this:
I and other metallic dragons are a bit insulted at the insinuation that all dragons are evil. We're dialing up Falkor and others, too.
I was talking about fantasy dragons in general, not D&D or Planescape or whatever planar type of dragon you guys are.
Besides, I never said evil.
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2013, 07:31:53 pm »

No, at this:
I was talking about fantasy dragons in general, not D&D or Planescape or whatever planar type of dragon you guys are.
How can you talk about fantasy "in general" when there are so many counterexamples in fiction?
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2013, 07:32:43 pm »

No, at this:
How can you talk about fantasy "in general" when there are so many counterexamples in fiction?
'In general' as in the most common archetype assigned to the dragon in a work of fiction, that of a villain.
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2013, 07:33:16 pm »

No, at this:
'In general' as in the most common archetype assigned to the dragon in a work of fiction, that of a villain.
In the same way that the most common archtype for humans is a mook or minion.
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2013, 07:33:48 pm »

No, at this:
In the same way that the most common archtype for humans is a mook or minion.
Yes.
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2013, 07:36:21 pm »

Do you understand that no one would seriously claim that the "standard" role of humanity in fiction is that of a mook or minion?
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2013, 07:37:07 pm »

Do you understand that no one would seriously claim that the "standard" role of humanity in fiction is that of a mook or minion?
Huh? No, but the standard role for a mook or minion in (human) fiction is a human.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27