Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27

Author Topic: You are a Skeletal Dragon [ASG] - The Fifth Reckoning is Upon Us!  (Read 28371 times)

Scionox

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Skeletal Dragon [ASG]
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2013, 07:39:53 pm »

*Eyerolls at the discussion above*

Check out the right passageway too, if possible.
Rawr

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2013, 07:41:04 pm »

Do you understand that no one would seriously claim that the "standard" role of humanity in fiction is that of a mook or minion?
Huh? No, but the standard role for a mook or minion in (human) fiction is a human.
...That doesn't make sense. Mook/Minion is a role, Human is not.
Even if that did make sense, it wouldn't be true due to the large number of nonhuman mooks.
Even if it did make sense and was true, it wouldn't support your argument due to having no connection to it.

Why do I even argue with people like you?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2013, 07:44:51 pm »

Do you understand that no one would seriously claim that the "standard" role of humanity in fiction is that of a mook or minion?
Huh? No, but the standard role for a mook or minion in (human) fiction is a human.
...That doesn't make sense. Mook/Minion is a role, Human is not.
Even if that did make sense, it wouldn't be true due to the large number of nonhuman mooks.
Even if it did make sense and was true, it wouldn't support your argument due to having no connection to it.

Why do I even argue with people like you?
I don't know. Perhaps you should ask yourself.
Hell, I don't even know what I'm typing. I'm just doing something else and idly typing.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2013, 07:48:12 pm »

good
evil

My vote is for Blue and Orange Morality. Maybe we don't have any reason to be good but neither do we have any reason to be evil. What we do have, is reason to have a worldview that is completely foreign to mortals. We're thousands of years old, we're an animated skeleton, we no longer feel hot or cold and it's likely we no longer feel pain and we're probably immortal and don't have to eat or sleep. Running around breaking things and killing people is very short sighted. But I don't see much point in saving damsels and helping old ladies cross the road when they're just going to be dead in a couple eyeblinks relative to us.

Let's take a third option.

you are a female dragon, you still can't find your name in your memory.

Helchistrasza, Harbinger of cold.

Meaningful name
Name to run away from really fast
Bilingual bonus

Destroy the inscription on the wall.

No! Destroy nothing. Whomever made it made it as a testament to our power and glory. We were so important to them that their future generations remember us that they made us a nice plaque and put our skeleton on display.

Whether they love us or hate us, clearly they view us as a creature of great importance. This is something we want to encourage. If we go around destroying monuments dedicated to us, that discourages them from building more monuments.

Break nothing. Test to see if we can speak. Explore the left and right runnels.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2013, 07:49:28 pm »

Can't argue with the above.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2013, 07:49:37 pm »

good
evil

My vote is for Blue and Orange Morality. Maybe we don't have any reason to be good but neither do we have any reason to be evil. What we do have, is reason to have a worldview that is completely foreign to mortals. We're thousands of years old, we're an animated skeleton, we no longer feel hot or cold and it's likely we no longer feel pain and we're probably immortal and don't have to eat or sleep. Running around breaking things and killing people is very short sighted. But I don't see much point in saving damsels and helping old ladies cross the road when they're just going to be dead in a couple eyeblinks relative to us.

+1 This is Bay12 anyway, so it won't be THAT hard to abide by blue & orange morality.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2013, 07:49:47 pm »

good
evil

you are a female dragon, you still can't find your name in your memory.

Helchistrasza, Harbinger of cold.

Meaningful name
Name to run away from really fast
Bilingual bonus

Destroy the inscription on the wall.

No! Destroy nothing. Whomever made it made it as a testament to our power and glory. We were so important to them that their future generations remember us that they made us a nice plaque and put our skeleton on display.

Whether they love us or hate us, clearly they view us as a creature of great importance. This is something we want to encourage. If we go around destroying monuments dedicated to us, that discourages them from building more monuments.

Break nothing. Test to see if we can speak. Explore the left and right runnels.
Ah, thank you LB.
Note, I never suggested being evil for teh lulz, just not being good
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2013, 07:53:22 pm »

It all depends on what exactly you mean by "Good".
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2013, 07:55:10 pm »

It all depends on what exactly you mean by "Good".
Well, you know what they say - amnesia is one of the easiest ways to force self-reinvention!
From this day on, you shall be a paragon of all that is good and right. You shall protect the innocent and fight evil wherever you may find it.

Sig! Onol

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2013, 08:01:19 pm »

Investigate the rest of the ruin before breaking open the entrance. Given 5000 years, we could find ourselves in the middle of a town, so best to finish up here before risking attracting attention.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2013, 04:56:58 am »

// Are you done with your little discussion about morality and roles of humans and dragons in fiction?

You fetch the ancient parchments and decide to put them between the bones of your ribcage - you don't have anything else to do with it anyway.
Because you don't have any organs left, you find yourself incapable of speaking verbally. However, you remember that you can still speak via telepathy, but there is no one to speak to now.

You enter the right-hand tunnel (left-hand from your initial perspective) and to your surprise you realize that it is also a room. Not a normal room, though - rows of ornate coffins against the walls are a terrifying sight - or it would be, since you've grown fond of such sights. All the coffins are in perfect shape, if a bit weathered.

Spoiler: Spells (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2013, 04:59:02 am »

/\|~€ Sure.

Open a coffin to investigate.
Sig! Onol

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2013, 05:40:17 am »

Open a coffin to investigate.

*shrug* Sure. Open coffins.

Best case we get an undead army. Worst case we get competition.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2013, 05:59:32 am »

Take the bones from the coffin and attach it to our body. Freeze them in place. Attempt to make ourselves look larger and more intimidating.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2013, 06:12:33 am »

Attempt to move as quietly as possible. Assess our chances of becoming a Ninja Skeletal Dragon.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27