Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198]

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 369273 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]
« Reply #2955 on: December 24, 2014, 10:20:02 am »

I wanted a final showdown with Bigf00t, but I know I was going to win anyway due to my statistical advantage and the fact that I kept confusing the shit out of everyone with my inmaterial status. Anyway, that would have been fun.

If you wonder about the game I'm running (link in my sig):
I can't actually say that I use the old ruleset, because I have pretty much altered all the rules to eliminate chunky salsa rules, so that I can be fair with everyone.
Currently the game is pretty advanced (despite the fact that nobody has gathered enough souls to face the first official boss), and, as a bonus, Derm has died.

Oh, and after looking at the wordlist for this game, I will have to incorporate the word for honey badger at some point. Maybe in the next batch of unlockable words.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: December 24, 2014, 10:21:06 am »

He had come up with quite an interesting trick.  Insubstantial versus arcane would have been a whiff-fest.  Did anyone figure out the element that ignores insubstantial?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: December 24, 2014, 10:41:09 am »

He had come up with quite an interesting trick.  Insubstantial versus arcane would have been a whiff-fest.  Did anyone figure out the element that ignores insubstantial?
Crystal, of course. That's why I made myself those big gloves amde of crystal, to do mind-games with people.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2958 on: December 24, 2014, 12:01:42 pm »

Currently the game is pretty advanced (despite the fact that nobody has gathered enough souls to face the first official boss), and, as a bonus, Derm has died.

:(
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: December 24, 2014, 12:58:47 pm »

:(
Hey, if you die, you give hope to the rest of the players.

By the way, this may not be the most appropiate moment, but do yo remember the arcane dragon I summoned in this game? Well, let's say that it was a gift for a potential threat in this game... AKA you.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: December 24, 2014, 01:00:30 pm »

:3
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198]