Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 370912 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [It's Nerf or Nothing]
« Reply #435 on: July 26, 2013, 11:40:08 am »

Thats...weird...Alrighty then. Lets try this again.

Josionp Pame

Alviscos

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: July 26, 2013, 03:02:49 pm »

"There. Scared those wierdos off."
Charles turns and walks over to Jack.
"So, do you agree we'd be safer together yet? I've got some interesting ideas about how to weaponize this book, but you... do you know any effective magic?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 26, 2013, 03:13:16 pm »

"... Are we at a stalemate?"

"~We-really-aren't. You-are-simply-doing-poorly-at-magic. I-honestly-wish-you-luck.~"

Things! Yeah!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 03:15:48 pm by Harry Baldman »

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: July 26, 2013, 03:21:25 pm »

Well that idea to get rid of the book failed, but continuing along his line of thought, Derek realized he still didn't know what to do with the wand he picked up earlier.  Maybe there's more to it than it looks?  The small ornate weapon has yet to prove useful, but maybe that could change.  In fact, maybe it was the key to leaving this dratted hole.

Derek goes back to the Magma Room.  He also tries figuring out what the wand could be used for.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: July 26, 2013, 09:14:01 pm »

Zebridonce Uhlotar Rhossenina
Luffermo

You continue your research into this word.

[Pot:6+1]  A pickaxe forms and falls out of your hand and splats out on the floor.  Investigating it, you notice two things.  One, it is made of paper, somewhat of a cross between paper coiled up and papier mache.  Two, it's about seven feet long.  Somehow you doubt its combat effectiveness.

[Pot:1+1]  Yep, that's a shimmering image all right.  Blobby and indistinct too.

Put on my arm guards as best as I can with the fact of my whipfist. Greet Charles.

The two of you walk together and make nice.  Jack, with help from his feet, rolling about, and a helping hand from Charles, manages to get his arm guards on.  They fit well.

Actions!
Things! Yeah!

[Derm Spd:1]
[Tod Spd:1+1]  (Random.org hates both of you)

[Tod Dex:2+1]
[Derm Dex:5]

[Derm Dex:5]
[Tod Dex:6+1]

Tod lunges forward and goes for another grapple, which Derm evades with ease.  Derm counters back with a grapple of his own, which is evaded with equal ease.  Derm screams a word in frustration.

[Derm Pot:1+1]  (I mean really hates you)

Pretty sparkles!

Shoot that book towards the lava utilizing the rubber sheet! Or..how does a sheet of rubber look like?

http://cfrubber.com/Rubber%20Sheet.htm  It's about 2' by 4'.

Yeah, that's not going to work.  Looks like Derek is having no luck destroying the book either- perhaps you should try something else?

Josionp Pame

Alviscos

Shrugging your steel shoulders, you speak another spell.

[Pot:3+1]  You get a steel shortbow.  Not bad, except it's got a hell of a draw weight on it.

As soon as your spell is cast, the grey fog on your shoulder reappears, then bursts into action.  Ley lines form across your body brightly, then burst into light.  The steel on your body fades back into flesh as the old magic is pushed out, then your skin fades, thins, and turns to air.  Your whole body shrivels into dust, and yet you remain, a man formed of pure air- a walking windstorm.

...Huh.

You almost forget to cast your other spell.

[Pot:2+1]  A flash of pure light pops into being, making you see spots for some time.

Derek goes back to the Magma Room.  He also tries figuring out what the wand could be used for.

You eyeball the wand.  So how does this thing work, anyway?  You wave it around, and nothing happens.  You swear at it in Swahili, but that does nothing.  Sticking it up your nose also fails.  Annoyed, you point it at a wall and mentally order it to work.

[Wand:1]
[End:2]

Your legs turn into iron boots.  They're odd iron boots, with a long protrusion from the end- almost like a club.  This makes it tricky to walk, what with no knees or anything.

Something tells you this wand is unpredictable and fickle.

Quote from: Players
Scapheap:  Jack - South side, Grand Room  [Iron Armguards] {Left hand is foot-long bone whip, tourniquet on stump, legs burned}
GreatWyrmGold:  The Golden Scholar - Center of the Bridge, Bottomless Pit  (Ley lines covering whole body- Body is rubber skin over steel bones and fire guts.)
Dermonster:  Derm - West of Center, Spike Room (1/5 Pool) (4)
Piecewise: Bob -  North Center, Spike Room  (Made of Air)
Tiruin:  Myra - North exit, Magma Room [Holding sheet of rubber]
Lasla:  Derek Grimdur - West side, Magma Room  [Wand]  {Legs are iron bootclubs}
Harry Baldman:  Tod-5 - West of Center, Spike Room  {Burns on arms, several bleeding cuts on back} (2)
The Ensorceler:  Charles - South side, Grand Room (Left leg is wooly leather)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Pretty Sparkles!]
« Reply #441 on: July 26, 2013, 09:21:44 pm »

Waitlist please!

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 26, 2013, 09:22:24 pm »

"This is starting to get really annoying."

Second verse, same as the verse.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: July 26, 2013, 10:36:24 pm »

I think I've got the first couple pages, plus several others and scattered words, nailed down pretty well.

"Gosh darn it. That Zebridonce word doesn't seem to be doing much...unless..."

Zebridonce Zentol. Munch on candy.
Zentol. Offer candy to someone nearby.
Oozoto
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: July 26, 2013, 11:38:28 pm »

Something tells Derek the wand doesn't like him much.  Maybe it is the fact that his feet are gone.  In a near panic, Derek calls out to Myra.  "I think I broke my legs.  They're made out of metal and my toes are weird! he cries, trying to keep hi balance.

He also tries to reverse the metal leg syndrome in any way possible with said stupid wand.  If he screwed up his legs with it, it might fix them for him again!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #445 on: July 27, 2013, 12:01:53 am »

Hmmm Hmm.

Alviscos Josionp Tifesslos

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: July 27, 2013, 04:44:35 am »

"There. Scared those wierdos off."
"So, do you agree we'd be safer together yet? I've got some interesting ideas about how to weaponize this book, but you... do you know any effective magic?
"It slow go, but I got the tools to make almost a full suit of armour, the problem comes that it will take four more...turns? Time move weird here. I also need to find someone I don't mind killing."

Seek the nearby fight.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: July 27, 2013, 08:26:25 am »

"This is starting to get really annoying."

"~Tell-me-about-it.~"

Also actions!

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: July 27, 2013, 11:19:15 am »

"Ah hah. Ahahaha. HAHAHA! Heh..."
Charles has gained an ally!

"Wait... what was I doing again? Oh yeah, protection type research. First off... my body is weak. Steel is strong. I do not like steel wool. Bend your will to mine, Steel Wool, for I have summoned you!"

Pioncale... Josionp... GOSTOPHORI!

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #449 on: July 27, 2013, 12:23:48 pm »

... IS NO ONE GONNA DIE???

I also want to play ;_;
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 198