Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 371004 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [The Candyman Can]
« Reply #480 on: July 28, 2013, 08:38:20 pm »

Also, I thought Alviscos was light, not wind. Isn't Ridenetali wind? Shouldn't I be a glowstick covered in skittles?

Herp and derp, you are correct!  I shall rectify this at once.
Many thanks, Toasty one.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: July 28, 2013, 09:19:15 pm »

Derek is not happy.  Not only has the wand failed to say sorry, its only response was to give him the strangest looking dagger he's ever seen.  It didn't even look sharp!  How useless...

"Ah!  I don't know how I'll ever make my legs normal again!  This feels very weird..." he says rather unhappily.  He tries reversing the iron spell on his legs with his wand again, and if that fails to cause anything interesting to happen, he'll hand the wand to Myra so that she could try.

"Please try not to turn them into Jell-o or something."

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: July 28, 2013, 10:41:21 pm »

HEY PIECEWISE!

I think a couple updates back, someone made a shape that formed a deer.

When you're done with your current spell, can you try to turn your self into a deer?
Better yet, make someone else a deer, so you can still experiment.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #483 on: July 28, 2013, 10:47:06 pm »

HEY PIECEWISE!

I think a couple updates back, someone made a shape that formed a deer.

When you're done with your current spell, can you try to turn your self into a deer?
Better yet, make someone else a deer, so you can still experiment.
I have no idea what the word for deer is, unfortunately. Otherwise I would already have made a crossbow that shoots them at people.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: July 28, 2013, 10:57:01 pm »

Hold on, I caught it. It was Tral, I believe.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: July 28, 2013, 10:58:38 pm »

"Oh. You. Well, you're not getting away from me this time...

Charles seems to have some lingering issues with Derm. He screams Kiforiter Ridenetali Enur specifically at Derm, but generally down the length of the room.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: July 28, 2013, 11:05:04 pm »

((I think we already have all the words for a deer bow and i managed an infinite arrow bow from the original with only 4 pool.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: July 28, 2013, 11:09:36 pm »

Infinite deer shooting bow?
Win.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: July 29, 2013, 12:50:46 am »

((Im not sure if toaster will allow a 4 pool deer bow due to the fact it uses a shape instead of n element though...

Still, steel bow candy deer arrow should be interesting))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: July 29, 2013, 04:54:24 am »

Oh well. I tried. Waitlist again!

Spoiler: Tod-6 (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: July 29, 2013, 08:21:31 am »

We're just waiting for Scapheap now, to see what he does with Derm.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #491 on: July 29, 2013, 08:41:01 am »

Yay! One less!

*Some days later*
Finally its my tu... WAIT WHAT THE HELL I GOT HEADSHOT BY A... *Goes away criying*
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: July 29, 2013, 08:56:13 am »

Okay

PM spell at Derm
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: July 29, 2013, 10:04:49 am »

Face Jack and dodge anything he attempts to do.
PM spell at Derm
"Oh. You. Well, you're not getting away from me this time...

Charles seems to have some lingering issues with Derm. He screams Kiforiter Ridenetali Enur specifically at Derm, but generally down the length of the room.

[Jack Spd:1]
[Charles Spd:5]

[Charles Pot:5+1]

[Derm Dex:5+1+1]
[Jack Dex:3]
[Jack End:6-1]

Charles bursts into the spike room, faces Derm, and shouts his magic.  A massive blast of wind-driven fire roars down the hallway.  Derm, on the defensive, dives to the floor and out of the way.  Jack wasn't quite prepared, but he was off center from the blast, so he just shrugs it off.  Charles uses the distraction to charge at Derm.

[Charles Dex:4]
[Derm Dex:3+1]

[Charles Str:3-1]

Charles wraps his segmented rapier around Derm's neck, but doesn't impede blood or airflow with it.  Jack, seeing an opening, goes for Derm.

[Jack Dex:1]
[Derm Dex:6+1+1]

Engraved on the wall is a masterfully designed image of Jack the Human and Derm Fistwizard the Human.  Jack is lying on the floor.  Derm Fistwizard is laughing.

actions

[Spd:4-1]  (I sometimes do speed checks when you ask to go a long distance, like you did here)

Huff, puff... you make it all the way across the bottomless pit bridge, but no farther.  Whew.

Zigula
Yanjunc
Expologi
Jazanteaso

You prepare yourself for more magical science.  Magic and science... isn't that a bit of a contradiction?  Oh well.

[Pot:6+1] A shimmering image of a sphere.  It's the most spherical sphere you ever laid your seeing-spheres on.  You weep spherical tears.

[Pot:6+1]  A cubical cube!  You lament your lack of anything cube shape in your body to make a dumb joke over.

[Pot:4+1]  A shimmering image of a pyramid.  It's obvious what it is, but it's not so perfect as to make you cry or anything.

[Pot:5+1]  A giant shimmering cylinder.  For some reason you think of cats.

"Tepsy!"

You try to magic Derek some more.

[Pot:4+1]  Nothing happens, that you see.

Nodi Whiachmat Tifesslos!

Also also, try shooting the wall with my glowing tipped arrows. For giggles, and to see what they do.

The voices in your head command you, so you ignore the blast of fire and the three-way murderfest just a few feet in front of you and obey.

[Pot:3+1]  The grey fog appears again, and settles in just over your right shoulder before fading into it.

You pick up the bow and arrows.  HURRRRRRRGH yeah you can't pull that bow back.  It's like trying to bend something made of steel- oh wait.

He tries reversing the iron spell on his legs with his wand again, and if that fails to cause anything interesting to happen, he'll hand the wand to Myra so that she could try.

At least you could eat Jell-O legs.

[Wand:1]   A chunk of ice shoots straight up, about five feet.  Then gravity wins and it comes crashing down on you.

[End:5]  You smash it aside manfully.

Sighing, you give the wand to Myra.  This thing is unpredictable.

Quote from: Players
Scapheap:  Jack - West of Center, Spike Room  (2/2 Pool) [Iron Armguards] {Left hand is foot-long bone whip, tourniquet on stump, legs burned}
GreatWyrmGold:  The Golden Scholar - Center of the Bridge, Bottomless Pit  (Ley lines covering whole body- Body is rubber skin over steel bones and fire guts.)  [Giant novelty candy cane club]
Dermonster:  Derm - West of Center, Spike Room (2/5 Pool) (6)  {Grappled by Charles}
Piecewise: Bob -  North Center, Spike Room  (Made of Light with a Candy coating) [Steel Shortbow, Lightheaded Steel Arrows]
Tiruin:  Myra - West side, Magma Room [Holding sheet of rubber, Wand]
Lasla:  Derek Grimdur - West side, Magma Room  {Legs are iron bootclubs}
Unholy_Pariah: Pariah -  West end, Bottomless Pit Room
The Ensorceler:  Charles - West of Center, Spike Room (1/3 Pool, Entire body is wooly over steel frame) [Glass segmented short rapier] {Grappling Derm}
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 10:16:05 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: July 29, 2013, 10:11:46 am »

"Oh. It appears I have more company than expected."

Escape the grappel and keep dodging.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 10:16:51 am by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 198