Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 369610 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [The Candyman Can]
« Reply #510 on: July 29, 2013, 11:12:46 pm »

I would like to make note that charles holds four points of unconcious meatsack in his hands at the moment.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: July 29, 2013, 11:15:54 pm »

I would like to make note that charles holds four points of unconcious meatsack in his hands at the moment.

Mako Man runs up to the front seats of the audience.

"Don't worry Derm-brother! Get to the ropes and he can't pin you out!"
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 11:28:16 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: July 29, 2013, 11:23:27 pm »

Six points, actually.  Get it while it's hot!  Kill them both and you get seven points!  Nine for all four of them!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Derm's Bone Spear]
« Reply #513 on: July 29, 2013, 11:37:48 pm »

[Tod Dex:3+1]
[Xan Dex:1-1]

[Tod Str:5]

[Xan End:4-1]

Tod, in a move that would put tears in the eyes of any MMA trainer, puts Xantalos in a perfect triangle choke.  Xantalos, his windpipe nearly crushed, passes out quickly.

(Seriously, with those rolls, if Xan's end roll had been a couple points lower you would have snapped his neck.)

((Shouldn't I have decapitated Derm with my sharp, glass, rapier whip? Especially since he should have had a -1 on strength rolls?))

If not, Charles will continue sawing away at Derm's throat with the rapier; if so, however, Charles is smart enough to know he's a target now. He runs back to the Grand Room before people start to get ideas.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: July 29, 2013, 11:38:49 pm »

Isn't your whip made of paper? I read paper somewhere.

Also I put a point into Str a while back. Specifically for this.

GET IDEAS PEOPLE.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 11:40:32 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: July 29, 2013, 11:44:10 pm »

It's glass, not paper.  GWG made a paper pickaxe- perhaps that is what you are thinking of?

Rapiers are thrusting weapons, so they're only supposed to be sharp at the tip.  Yours isn't even sharp there, so Derm's head is still firmly attached.  It's a passable garrote, though.

EDIT:  I see that they *can* be sharp along the blade as well, but 1) they're still designed for thrusting  2) yours is kinda crappy.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: July 29, 2013, 11:47:19 pm »

((Wait, paper? in the initial description it says glass. In every inventory reference it says glass.
And I saw four points used: 1 in Pot, 2 in Dex, and, uh... oops... fine. A point in strength. Sorry about that))

Unless you retro-edited that :-\.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 11:51:49 pm by The Ensorceler »

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: July 30, 2013, 12:15:56 am »

Well... until Myra finds a way to operate the wand, Derek may as well test out the capabilities of his bootclubs, in case it's permanent.  Which of course, he really hopes it isn't.

Derek tests his range of mobility and capability for kicking with his odd legs while he waits for Myra to do something.

He also tries "Haustiver!", aimed at his legs.  Might as well start somewhere for the reversal process!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: July 30, 2013, 01:40:04 am »

continue my assault, the destroyer must be saved.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: July 30, 2013, 02:46:39 am »

PM
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #520 on: July 30, 2013, 08:01:15 am »

Iker Alviscos Pioncale!

Charge the man holding derm while screaming "I HAVE BEEN SECRETLY INFLUENCED TO PROTECT HIM BECAUSE HE PROMISES TO CAUSE CHAOS AND MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURDER!"

Attempt to get my fingers into the man's eyes. Or bite his nipples. Or grab his dangly bits and twist them off.

Bob don't play.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: July 30, 2013, 08:08:53 am »

You're up early.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #522 on: July 30, 2013, 08:53:47 am »

You're up early.
Yep. 5 am. Perfect time to RP!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Derm's Bone Spear]
« Reply #523 on: July 30, 2013, 09:24:13 am »

Charles will continue sawing away at Derm's throat with the rapier
continue my assault, the destroyer must be saved.
PM
Iker Alviscos Pioncale!

Charge the man holding derm while screaming "I HAVE BEEN SECRETLY INFLUENCED TO PROTECT HIM BECAUSE HE PROMISES TO CAUSE CHAOS AND MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURDER!"

[Charles Spd:5]
[Pariah Spd:5-1]
[Jack Spd:4-1]
[Bob Spd:2+1]

[Charles Overdrive:+1 End]
[Charles Str:5]
[Derm End:6]

Charles, seemingly surging with energy, tightens his grip on Derm's neck.  Derm, despite the best efforts of his attacker, does not die, though he's not waking up any time soon.

[Pariah Dex:1+1]
[Jack Dex:6+1]

[Coinflip:Charles]
[Charles Dex:2]

[Pariah Str:5+1]
[Charles End:3]

Pariah badly aims a punch at Jack, who dodges skillfully, but instead of counterattacking, hoodwinks Pariah into aiming at the Derm/Charles struggle.  Pariah follows through anyway, cracking Charles in the side of the head.  Charles is dazed a bit and loses his grip on Derm, who falls to the floor.

[Bob Pot:5+1]

Bob, screaming about protecting the avatar of murder, throws out more magic.  The now-familiar ley lines appear, brightly zapping away his candy form, then flashing into power.  Bob shines brightly for a moment, then is lost in a dark bubble, before finally settling on his new form.  He is still man shaped, though his skin is now a patchwork of moving light and dark, giving him the appearance of a Rorschach test.

He screams in fury then charges at Charles.

[Bob Dex:6-1]
[Charles Dex:2]

[Bob Str:3-1]
[Charles End:2]

Bob uses Pariah's distraction to execute a series of sissy slaps on Charles, as he is unable to find purchase on any sensitive areas.  Despite this, Charles feels a bit tired from Bob's touch.

Cybea
Noyaniumma
Taurniso
Eyessin

Frustrated by your lack of effect, you try a different page.

[Pot:4+1] A glob of green liquid forms and splashes down in front of you.  From the sizzle, you're guessing that's acid.

[Pot:2+1] A small glob of magma appears in the air and splots down.  It rapidly begins cooling.

[Pot:1+1] A few drops of brown liquid appear and splash down on the cooling magma, which is still hot enough that the liquid ignites when it touches.  That smell... is that... BOOZE!

[Pot:5+1] A glob of greenish, foul smelling liquid appears and splashes down over everything else.  The smell alone makes you feel sick.

Derek tests his range of mobility and capability for kicking with his odd legs while he waits for Myra to do something.

He also tries "Haustiver!", aimed at his legs.  Might as well start somewhere for the reversal process!

It's pretty much nil.  You can move with your hips, but that's about it- everything below the hip is dead weight.

[Pot:4+1]  A great big lump of flesh appears and lands by your legs.  It slowly pulsates.

Quote from: Players
Scapheap:  Jack - In front of spikes, Spike Room  (2/2 Pool) [Iron Armguards] {Left hand is foot-long bone whip, tourniquet on stump, legs burned}
GreatWyrmGold:  The Golden Scholar - Center of the Bridge, Bottomless Pit  (Ley lines covering whole body- Body is rubber skin over steel bones and fire guts.)  [Giant novelty candy cane club]
Dermonster:  Derm - In front of spikes, West of Center, Spike Room (4/5 Pool) (6)  {On ground, unconcious}
Piecewise: Bob -  In front of spikes, Spike Room  (1/3 Pool, Made of Light and Dark) [Steel Shortbow, Lightheaded Steel Arrows]
Tiruin:  Myra - West side, Magma Room [Holding sheet of rubber, Wand]
Lasla:  Derek Grimdur - West side, Magma Room  {Legs are iron bootclubs}
Unholy_Pariah: Pariah -  In front of spikes, Spike Room
The Ensorceler:  Charles - In front of spikes, West of Center, Spike Room (3/3 Pool, Entire body is wooly over steel frame) [Glass segmented short rapier] {A bit tired}

In case it isn't clear, Derm's still out for next turn, but will wake up at turn end unless something changes.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: July 30, 2013, 09:25:02 am »

Come on, two people die already!
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 198