Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 371094 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [There Goes the Neighborhood]
« Reply #615 on: August 02, 2013, 05:04:00 am »

I dunno theres a couple of cool things that have happened already.

Theres me impaling that guy with a one handed throw.
Theres that 4 way fight before it failed apart.
Theres GWG discovering a microsingularity.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #616 on: August 02, 2013, 05:47:39 am »

I dunno theres a couple of cool things that have happened already.

Theres me impaling that guy with a one handed throw.
Theres that 4 way fight before it failed apart.
Theres GWG discovering a microsingularity.
Do not forget Torsohalberdman!
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: August 02, 2013, 06:55:41 am »

I'll just say this, but drawing people is much easier when they give accurate self-descriptions  :P
Psst. I based The Golden Scholar off of Raistlin. Kinda.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: August 02, 2013, 07:07:51 am »

Just draw me as an average guy with a question mark for a face.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: August 02, 2013, 07:32:07 am »

((A nervous looking guy with dark tousled hair in dark robes hiding behind the gate frame on the upper level of the grand room))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: August 02, 2013, 07:47:15 am »

((Tall, muscular, white skin, and dark hair for my character if you draw him.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: August 02, 2013, 07:54:35 am »

An evil overlord watching his prisoners kill each other in hilarious ways.

...what?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #622 on: August 02, 2013, 08:01:03 am »

An evil overlord watching his prisoners kill each other in hilarious ways.

...what?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: August 02, 2013, 08:02:23 am »

I see what you did there.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: August 02, 2013, 08:33:24 am »

((looks around confused))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: August 02, 2013, 08:41:17 am »

GWG:  The bridge is fine.  It's a very stout bridge and will take more directed action to destroy it then mere magical shenanigans.

stuff and things.
"Terosifi."

[Pariah Spd:2]
[Myra Spd:6+1]

((Summoned junk disappears after a few turns if no one interacts with it.))

Myra sits and considers the situation.  That iron bar seems to have disappeared at some point, so he faces the bootclubs again.

[Pot:2]  What looks like a mouse legbone appears and plinks off the leg.  Not helpful.

[Pariah Dex:3+1]
[Myra Dex:3]

[Pariah Str:1+1]
[Myra Str:5]

And then a muscled man comes in from the bridge room and grabs the wand in an attempt to steal it away.  Myra, in an adrenaline-fueled surge, shoves him off entirely.  He rolls back and stands up in a fighter's stance, odd-looking glass whip in his hand.

Ustrint Terosifi

You look around and see that you're in a cavern, holding a magical book.  Shrugging, you rattle off a couple words out of the book.

[Pot:4+1]  Close to a human's worth of bones and a few bars of gold materialize in thin air and drop to the ground.  Looks like something you'd see in a pirate movie.

I know what must be done. Run back into the spike room.

Myxida Pioncale

If transformation is successful, Apply hugs to man attacking derm. If no one is attacking derm, simply enjoy my negative radiance.
Attack Bob as soon as he enters the spike room, with an emphasis on not letting him cast his spell.   
i.e. take his head off.

[Bob Spd:2+1]
[Charles Spd:2]

[Bob Pot:4+1]

Bob runs into the spike room and assumes his casting stance.  Charles runs to intercept, but can't stop him in time.

The magical ley lines appear across Bob's flesh once more, pushing the light and dark away and returning his flesh to normal.  They crisscross his body in a dangerous-looking pattern, then settle in.  Grinning, he wills them to activate.

It's hard to describe what happens next- his flesh is sucked inward, but leaving an area of nothingness behind, still in the shape of a man.  Everything he was carrying is sucked in, and the form starts flexing inward.  It's clear Bob is constantly struggling to hold it in shape. 

[Bob Str:4-1]  Which he is failing at.  His form contracts somewhat, his arms and legs shorter than they were.  His change of form does not stop everything from being sucked toward him, including Charles.

[Charles Str:1-1]  Charles isn't nearly as lucky.  He loses his footing almost instantly and is sucked violently and messily inward.

[Bob End:6-1]  As Charles is sucked in, Bob feels a strange lurch and readjustment to his form.  He shrugs it off.

[Charles is dead.  Bob gains a point.]

Retreat to the grand room.

You run, even as the wind suddenly starts blowing toward the direction you came from.  You emerge in the grand room.  Someone you hadn't seen before hides from you as you come in.

"Zazievale!" Derek tries, going back to trying to fix his odd and mangled metal feet.

The lunatic runs off, so you shrug and cast at your feet some more.

[Pot:5+1]  A cone-shaped area in front of you glimmers, then fades.

Then another lunatic comes in and fails to mug Myra of her wand.

"People! Ack, retreat!, don't turn me into mince.... please"
Go back up the stairs and hide behind corner from Derm, then cast magic

Okarar, Uticat, Yulistila

There's no corners in a round room, so you just run up the stairs then cower near the wall.

((Also I'm treating this as three separate casts, given the commas.))

[Pot:6]  A shimmering image of an impressive table appears in front of you, then fades away.

[Pot:1]  Nothing happens.

[Pot:6]  Another shimmering image appears, this of a helmet.  It's fairly ornate, with plumes and a faceguard.

Alish appears in the center of the bridge over the bottomless pit.  She's still smiling, but she probably shouldn't be.

Quote from: Players
Corsair:  Hale - North Ledge, Grand Room
Gamerlord:  Shane - Center, Cavern
Dermonster:  Derm - South Exit, Grand Room  {Face badly burned} (6)
Piecewise: Bob - West side, Spike Room  (1/3 Pool, Walking Vacuum)  {Somewhat scrunched in} (2)
Tiruin:  Myra - West side, Magma Room [Holding sheet of rubber, Wand]
Lasla:  Derek Grimdur - West side, Magma Room  {Legs are iron bootclubs}
Unholy_Pariah: Pariah -  West side, Magma Room [Glass segmented short rapier] (2)
Sarzael:  Alish - Center of Bridge, Bottomless Pit
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 09:28:00 am by Toaster »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: August 02, 2013, 08:45:07 am »

Josionop Terosifi

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #627 on: August 02, 2013, 08:50:31 am »

Put that point in pool.
 Wait. Concentrate on staying solid and in one piece. Hold myself together and in one uncollapsed human shape.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 09:51:27 am by piecewise »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: August 02, 2013, 09:24:43 am »

Assuming you stay out of combat, you'll be full pool next turn.  The 1/3 (now 1/4 with the pool point) is correct for this turn.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: August 02, 2013, 09:26:01 am »

Do we get full pool restoration if we're out of combat?
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 198