Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 370389 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Half the Man He Used to Be]
« Reply #690 on: August 06, 2013, 05:11:43 am »

Walk over to Tiruin.
(You know exactly where I am O_o?)

Also, who has the wand?
(I do. Do you want to be a jerk and hit me without an introduction too?)

Myra moved over to Derek's side, huddling near him. "Just great, huh. Magical intervention saves us as much as it hurts us.

"I'm pretty cautious, so I'm only trying one word at a time. Doesn't seem to be that effective however I'm willing to try it in tandem with you. I mean, you say a word then I say the next one right after your intonation. Magic and all that, right?"

I wonder if this works..how does magic work anyway. I only need something to help us.

Myra pointed to the word 'Aion' in her book, showing it to Derek and readying to say it if he agrees to the idea.

(If Derek/Lalasa can't reply prior to next update: Myra points her wand at the ground in front of her, about a few feet away and says "Aion!")

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #691 on: August 06, 2013, 05:19:34 am »

No, but considering you re not using it, maybe you could hand it to me? I wanna test if it has to do with the Will stats, and considering you re probably gonna die... You could hand it to me and then safely cast a blackhole and kill everyone who attacks you (Along with yourself, but you will have revenge at least)
I wont force you to anything though, so please?
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: August 06, 2013, 11:13:51 am »

Become Super Saiyan and kill everyone
Action!

Actually, with that +1 overdrive you're throwing in, Super Saiyan seems more appropriate.  You raise your power level some more and cast a spell.

[Pot:2+1+1+1]  Magical ley lines appear and crisscross your body.  They settle in to your flesh, in a smooth and controlled motion.

Grab the spear. Actions!
Froi Fintieshro Ouzzitt pickup result if possible

[Derm Spd:6]
[Hale Spd:5]

[Derm Pot:6+1]
[Derm Dex:6]
[Hale Dex:6]
[Hale Str:5]

[Hale End:2]

Derm, facing Hale, says his words.  A sphere of glass, surrounding a point of nothingness, forms in the air before Derm.  It hovers for a second then fires directly forward.  Halfway across the room, the glass shatters and collapses inward toward the point.  The point slows down as the suction begins.  Hale, seeing it coming, dodges the only way he can- straight off the ledge.  He falls off and lands with a crack, breaking his right arm.

Ustrint Echapl

Oblivious to all the attempts at murder going on, you continue practicing magic.

[Pot:5+1]  Your magic produces several gold bars and quite a lot of water.  They thud and splash down in front of you, respectively.

Dave does Actions! and braces hismelf.

So what to do with a pony?  How about magic!

[Pot:3+1]  A shimmering image appears before you.  It's a bit blurry, but you can tell it's a hand thanks to how big it is- about a foot and a half across.

The pony, for its part, wanders away a bit to munch on a different weed.

If not hug her until a combination of force and electricity takes her off to the promised land.
(If Derek/Lalasa can't reply prior to next update: Myra points her wand at the ground in front of her, about a few feet away and says "Aion!")[/b]

(Yes he does.  He's been in the magma room, so looking there for you first is a logical choice.)

[Bob Spd:1+1]
[Tiruin Spd:4+1]

Pointing her wand forward, Myra tries her word.

[Pot:3]  Nothing happens.  Dammit.  Then a short golden man, crackling with electricity, storms in.

[Bob Dex: 2-1]
[Myra Dex:3]

He charges at Myra, jumps to tackle her, and completely whiffs.  He skids along the ground and slides into the wall.  Myra just looks at him and shakes her head.

Myra is also starting to feel woozy.  Perhaps she should do something about her bleeding stump?

Quote from: Players
Corsair:  Hale - North side, Grand Room {Right arm broken}
Gamerlord:  Shane - Center, Cavern
Dermonster:  Derm - East ledge, Grand Room  (1/5 Pool) {Face badly burned} (6)
Piecewise: Bob - West edge, Magma Room  (Body is force and electricity over gold)  {Half Size} (2)
Tiruin:  Myra - West side, Magma Room [Holding sheet of rubber, Wand]  {Left arm is gone, bleeding out, woozy}
Lasla:  Derek Grimdur - West side, Magma Room  {Legs are iron bootclubs}
DaveTheGrave: - Dave - South side, Grand Room
Sarzael:  Alish - Center of Bridge, Bottomless Pit  (Body covered in ley lines)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: August 06, 2013, 11:16:11 am »

Zigula Lodr

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #694 on: August 06, 2013, 12:01:59 pm »

Activate my Power! Test new body (See if im more flexible or something)! And then Words!
Also an question, can you overcharge different stats same turn?
For example, once every three turns, would you be able to overcharge Potency AND Will (Or other stats?), of course being separate in cost (2 Pool for Potency, one for will, as example)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 12:15:09 pm by Sarzael »
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: August 06, 2013, 12:13:26 pm »

Derek, who has been dazed by all the events going on, snaps back to attention when yet another lunatic runs into the room and attempts to crash into Myra... only to hit the far end of the wall.  Smooth.

Also, Myra seemed to have wanted something from him while he was stunned.  Who is also bleeding out.  This is getting really bad.

"Wait!  Your arm is still bleeding!" he finally realizes (some hero) and ripping off a chunk of his shirt, he tries to tie it around Myra's stump to stop the blood loss.

Derek also keeps an eye on the new weirdo.  If that electric devil tries to make a move, he'll throw the book at it.  That thing's crazy.

((Sorry for not responding.  I was at SiX Flags all day yesterday, and now I'm at my cousin's place which doesn't always let me access a PC.))
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 12:25:06 pm by Lalasa »

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #696 on: August 06, 2013, 12:17:14 pm »

Derek, who has been dazed by all the events going on, snaps back to attention when yet another lunatic runs into the room and attempts to crash into Myra... only to hit the far end of the wall.  Smooth.

Also, Myra seemed to have wanted something from him while he was stunned.  Who is also bleeding out.  This is getting really bad.

"Wait!  Your arm is still bleeding!" he finally realizes (some hero) and ripping off a chunk of his shirt, he tries to tie it around Myra's stump to stop the blood loss.

Derek also keeps an eye on the new weirdo.  If that electric devil tries to make a move, he'll try to hit him away with his book

((Sorry for not responding.  I was at SiX Flags all day yesterday, and now I'm at my cousin's place which doesn't always let me access a PC.))

Eh, a tip, try to hit him away with his book isnt the best idea, considering hes not only made out of electricity but also repulsive force.
Chances are you will end up fliying by the airs and breaking your own skull from triying to attack him phisically. Use magic, else your best bet is to run like hell. I dont know how much potency he had, but if it was less than a five, the transformation should go away after a few turns, in that case, dodge until then is a good idea.
You could try throwing the book at him (Book is immortal, as we have all seen, so dont worry about it) and see if that slows him down.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 12:21:12 pm by Sarzael »

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: August 06, 2013, 12:19:00 pm »

(I'm not claiming to play my character smartly because Derek only serves to amuse me with his misadventures.  I may edit if I feel like it though, although I doubt repulsive force is visible and obvious.)

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #698 on: August 06, 2013, 12:21:43 pm »

(I'm not claiming to play my character smartly because Derek only serves to amuse me with his misadventures.  I may edit if I feel like it though, although I doubt repulsive force is visible and obvious.)
Well, i guess he knows what a conductor is.
Try attacking him with a metal, but from a safe range. Electricity is weak to conductors, thus metal should be able to weaken him.
This tip is mostly for Tiruin, since her character is who does magic on your little team, he could try something like Full Body Steel, but i wouldnt try it, since absorbing the electricity may affect her, but throwing a good ol rock of metal, ah yes, THAT is magic.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 12:23:27 pm by Sarzael »

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: August 06, 2013, 12:25:59 pm »

((My list of known words is at home, and I'm not at home.  Derek is suffering from temporary amnesia. :P ))

DaveTheGrave

• Bay Watcher
  • Dave The Avatarless, Master of Comebacks
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: August 06, 2013, 12:26:21 pm »

Will the pony to allow me to ride it, more specifically if needed, into battle.

After which, do actions!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: August 06, 2013, 01:19:00 pm »

"Why do random people keep on attacking without any introduction?!

"Who are you all?!"

And he's made of gold. And with electricity.

Sure, life is unfair, but I won't die to these weird things. Isn't there anything that can be solved without this inane magic?
Fight them with a two by four sheet of rubber, of course.

Thrice-damned book.

Run over towards the watery pool, getting as far as I can from the newcomer.

And angling the wand at the newcomer, Myra shouts "Melia!"

Of all words. Intonation seems to be the strangest way to activate this 'magic'. No thought, no pure force of will. Just intonation.
I try to think ways on redirecting it, yet these scribbles have to mean something despite the utter ridiculousness in speaking them. Whoever made these words would have great trouble in pronouncing right given how I say it.

Cursed dialect.

"Derek, if I die, I'd just like to say thanks. Thanks for being my friend, in here of all fiendish places."

No, but considering you re not using it, maybe you could hand it to me? I wanna test if it has to do with the Will stats, and considering you re probably gonna die... You could hand it to me and then safely cast a blackhole and kill everyone who attacks you (Along with yourself, but you will have revenge at least)
I wont force you to anything though, so please?
[1. I don't know your character.
2. I used it every time I cast a spell.
3. I'm always probably going to die, so my worth is being made into a value--this obviously hurts my feelings.
4. Safety, and the notion of something illogical does make a convincing argument.
5. Revenge is not what I'm aiming for.
6. Sure, go get that wand. Everyone blatantly knows where the magma room and can guess where I am.]

>_>

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #702 on: August 06, 2013, 01:28:13 pm »

Another way to beat him would be to make him fall on the water (or throw water at him), being careful not to touch it when that happens.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: August 06, 2013, 01:30:21 pm »

Another way to beat him would be to make him fall on the water (or throw water at him), being careful not to touch it when that happens.
((In this discussion of how to beat Piecewise, what I like most, is how similar it looks to discussions on strategies to beat game bosses. Piecewise is basically a video game boss.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: August 06, 2013, 01:35:25 pm »

((If one discharges electricity, it would be strange to concur that if a conductive substance (which ain't pure water, but in this case I'm betting this does, as it should be impure given its close proximity to the surroundings) if I had anyway to ionize something, it would really help my cause.

Problem is, I've no idea how the battle mechanics work as it seems Toaster has ran an attacker headfirst without me spotting it (opposing speed rolls only), or..do I have any idea what the wand does. Or most of the words. Or my bias against magic and its imbuing properties and rant rant rant blargh.

I'm doomed. No more ideas please unless you are Derek and within hearing range, thanks. u_u))
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 198