Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 370984 times)

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Half the Man He Used to Be]
« Reply #735 on: August 07, 2013, 01:07:32 am »

"HEY.... SUCK ON THIS"
ENUR FROI NOYANIUMMA him
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #736 on: August 07, 2013, 05:04:56 am »

"HEY.... SUCK ON THIS"
ENUR FROI NOYANIUMMA him
Make sure you re facing him. You dont want Enur to cast in opposite direction he is at.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: August 07, 2013, 05:14:29 am »

Where's the waitlist at, anyway?
It's Hapah. O_o

:D

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #738 on: August 07, 2013, 05:14:53 am »

Where's the waitlist at, anyway?
It's Hapah. O_o

:D
What happens with Hapah?

Toaster is online! That means update soon :D?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 09:12:39 am by Sarzael »
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: August 07, 2013, 09:44:11 am »

Hapah is a cool dude, that's what.

GWG:  Finally got a chance to compare your list to the master copy.   Heh.

Zigula Lodr

[Pot:5+1]  A shimmering image appears before you.  It's of an impressive-looking greatsword.  Impressive, because you've never seen a spherical sword like this one before.  It's completely round, without an edge on it anywhere.  It fades away as you gawk at it.

Activate my Power! Test new body (See if im more flexible or something)! And then Words!

You activate the ley lines, and your body changes.  Your entire body liquifies into a mostly clear, green tinted liquid.  Despite your liquid form, you don't seem to be any more flexible as you do a few jumping jacks.  Shrugging, you try more magic.

[Pot:1+1]  A shimmering blob appears.  Blobby.

"Wait!  Your arm is still bleeding!" he finally realizes (some hero) and ripping off a chunk of his shirt, he tries to tie it around Myra's stump to stop the blood loss.

Derek also keeps an eye on the new weirdo.  If that electric devil tries to make a move, he'll throw the book at it.  That thing's crazy.
Run over towards the watery pool, getting as far as I can from the newcomer.

And angling the wand at the newcomer, Myra shouts "Melia!"

Shout the following, with my stumpy arms raised like a child attempting to gain the power of grayskull.

"Haer Josionp Toussmism myxida!"

Cross my fingers that its great power is not too much for us all. If it turns out to be stable, pick it up and begin hacking at Tiruin's head and face area. If not, laugh. Laugh even if it pulls me in.

[Myra Spd:4+1]
[Derek Spd:2]
[Bob Spd:2+1]

[Myra Pot:5+1] 

Myra screams a word at Bob.  A patchwork of air sparkles then shoots straight up into the ceiling.  Frustrated, Myra, feeling faint at this point, hightails it out of the room as Bob begins to raise his arms.

[Bob Pot:4+1]

"BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL, I HAVE THE POWER!"

A halberd forms in front of Bob.  Its handle is shining steel, and its head is crackling electricity.  At the join between the two sections is a strange point of blackness.  It sits there hovering for a second, then the entire thing shakes, shudders, and collapses in on itself.  The force then extends to Bob and Derek.

[Bob Str:5-1]
[Derek Str:2-1]

Bob, used to this force a bit, is able to hold his ground.  Derek, unlike Bob, is instantly sucked in screaming.  As the singularity bursts with a crack, a pinprick of light falls out of it into Bob's tiny chest.

[Derek is dead.  Bob gains one point.]

Will the pony to allow me to ride it, more specifically if needed, into battle.

After which, do actions!

You exert your mental force at the pony, point to it, wave at it, and say "Oi!  C'mere!"  It completely ignores you.  Well, you could always just try getting on?

[Dex:5-1]  You walk up to it, pat it a few times, then clamber on.  It's hard to get on, and you're not sure how much control you actually have without a saddle, bridle, or stirrup, but sure enough, you're on.  The pony seems rather unperturbed.

[Pot:5]  A shimmering image appears before you.  It's a nice-looking bow.

Actions and such!
ENUR FROI NOYANIUMMA him

[Derm Spd:2]
[Hale Spd:6]

[Hale Pot:6]

Hale faces Derm, taunts him and screams his words of power.  A massive glob of magma the size of a box truck forms and fires straight forward.  Both men watch wide-eyed as it screams directly under Derm and slams into the staircase opening, splattering everywhere, glowing red hot.

Derm starts going down the stairs, but stops 3/4 of the way down when he realizes the path is full of magma.

Somnus appears in the center of the Spike Room.  He stares around in wonder.

Quote from: Players
Corsair:  Hale - North side, Grand Room (1/3 Pool) {Right arm broken}
Gamerlord:  Shane - Center, Cavern
Dermonster:  Derm - East staircase, Grand Room  (2/5 Pool) {Face badly burned} (6)
Piecewise: Bob - West edge, Magma Room  (1/5 Pool, Body is force and electricity over gold)  {Half Size} (3)
Tiruin:  Myra - South side, Cavern [Holding sheet of rubber, Wand]  {Left arm is gone, bleeding out, faint}
Vakothu:  Somnus - Center, Spike Room
DaveTheGrave: Dave - South side, Grand Room  [Riding leathery pony]
Sarzael:  Alish - Center of Bridge, Bottomless Pit  (Body is greenish liquid)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 10:45:23 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: August 07, 2013, 09:45:44 am »

Ustrint Zigula

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: August 07, 2013, 09:46:02 am »

GWG:  Finally got a chance to compare your list to the master copy.   Heh.
Good "heh" or bad "heh"?

I hate ninja!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: August 07, 2013, 09:49:48 am »

Just a "Heh."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: August 07, 2013, 09:54:52 am »

((It was a good run! *salutes*  Good luck Tiruin!  I may enter the waitlist again when it isn't so huge.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: August 07, 2013, 10:03:12 am »

So, when Hell freezes over?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: August 07, 2013, 10:13:07 am »

((Who says it can't?  I hear Hell already has a sector that's ice.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: August 07, 2013, 10:18:49 am »

As does Earth. Two, in fact. Go to, say, Florida and see if you think Earth is frozen over.
Sig

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #747 on: August 07, 2013, 10:19:31 am »

Put the point in pool. I now have enough pool to start doing large sections of a page each turn. Beginning Science! protocols.

If not attacked:

"Oh ho! That was rather interesting! Unfortunate that I couldn't contain that power. Hmm."

Jupedem
irros
pumat
colatica Haustiver

If attacked, Activate MAD protocols:
Myxida Myxida Myxida Myxida Myxida 

Anyone want some weapons? I can start making some neat ones.

((Who says it can't?  I hear Hell already has a sector that's ice.))
Following the Dante model the lower levels of hell are all very chilly. Then again, The divine comedy is basically fanfiction, so it might not be the most accurate depiction of a non-existent place.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: August 07, 2013, 10:22:00 am »

"..."

Shrug. Walk over to the north ledge.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: August 07, 2013, 10:23:17 am »

((Does it require an action to walk from a room to an adjacent one?))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 198