Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 370531 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Pretty Sparkles!]
« Reply #450 on: July 27, 2013, 01:30:11 pm »

Working on it!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: July 27, 2013, 02:30:00 pm »

There are much less roundabout ways to die, derm.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: July 27, 2013, 02:36:39 pm »

There are several direct ways to make others do so, Wyrm.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: July 27, 2013, 02:42:17 pm »

I was making a joke based on the fact that your statement was vague on who you were working on killing.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: July 27, 2013, 02:53:04 pm »

And I was making a statement on how thats not a good joke.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: July 27, 2013, 02:54:08 pm »

And I was unaware of this and explaining that it was a joke.
Sig

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #456 on: July 27, 2013, 03:47:24 pm »

And I was staring at the wreckage and snickering to myself.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: July 27, 2013, 11:28:03 pm »

Second verse, same as the verse.
Also actions!

The two of you continue your underwhelming fight.

[Derm Spd:5]
[Tod Spd:2+1]

[Derm Dex:2]
[Tod Dex:3+1]

Derm grabs for Tod again, but goes wide right.  Enraged, he magics at him again.

[Derm Pot:6+1]
[Tod End:6]
[Derm End:6]

A massive gout of flame erupts in front of Derm, engulfing Tod.  Tod, in his pain, lunges out and pulls Derm in with him- but the cloud is too dispersed by the time Derm enters the area.  Tod staggers back, his burns much worse now.  Most of his hair is burned off, it looks like he's having trouble seeing, and he's clearly in pain.

Zebridonce Zentol. Munch on candy.
Zentol. Offer candy to someone nearby.
Oozoto

[Pot:6+1]  A six-foot candy cane flops out from your hand.  Sadly, there are no children nearby to tempt with it.

[Pot:4+1]  A bunch of candy bars form in the air in front of you and pile onto the ground.  Hmmm.

[Pot:1+1]  It's hard to tell since you can't really see your own head, but you think magical ley lines tried to appear on it.

He also tries to reverse the metal leg syndrome in any way possible with said stupid wand.  If he screwed up his legs with it, it might fix them for him again!

You bang on your leg with the wand, yelling at it to fix your leg.  When nothing happens, you angry point it forward and will it to do something.

[Wand:3]  A small dagger, made seemingly of woven hair, appears in front of you and falls to the ground.  On inspection, you notice the hilt is a pair of tiny wings.  The blade is about as sharp as your finger.

Seek the nearby fight.

You mosey toward where Derm and Tod are clashing.  Better not get too close- that was a pretty big fireball.

Alviscos Josionp Tifesslos

You combine one of your favorite words with two others to see what shakes out.

[Pot:4+1]  A stack of arrows appears and falls to the ground.  The shafts are steel, but the heads appear to be... solid light?  They're bright and radiating heat.

Pioncale... Josionp... GOSTOPHORI!

You rub your words together, visions of metal sheep in your head.

[Pot:6+1]  Magical ley lines race across your body, causing the magic in your leg to be forcibly kicked out.  Your leg returns to normal for a split second before the ley lines burst and exert their power on you.  Your body shrinks to a tight steel core, which quickly begins to grow massive amounts of hair.  The hair curls and forms a dense core around your solid frame.  It's not metallic hair, but it's pretty damn thick.

Quote from: Players
Scapheap:  Jack - Center, Spike Room  [Iron Armguards] {Left hand is foot-long bone whip, tourniquet on stump, legs burned}
GreatWyrmGold:  The Golden Scholar - Center of the Bridge, Bottomless Pit  (Ley lines covering whole body- Body is rubber skin over steel bones and fire guts.)
Dermonster:  Derm - West of Center, Spike Room (1/5 Pool) (4)
Piecewise: Bob -  North Center, Spike Room  (Made of Air)
Tiruin:  Myra - North exit, Magma Room [Holding sheet of rubber]
Lasla:  Derek Grimdur - West side, Magma Room  [Wand]  {Legs are iron bootclubs}
Harry Baldman:  Tod-5 - West of Center, Spike Room  {Burns covering body, partially blinded, several bleeding cuts on back, in pain} (2)
The Ensorceler:  Charles - South side, Grand Room (Entire body is wooly over steel frame)

Looks like our murder drought is almost over.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: July 27, 2013, 11:32:12 pm »

"Finally. Let's finish this foolishness."

Reckoning.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: July 27, 2013, 11:40:17 pm »

Munch on the candy bars and take the candy cane as a weapon.

Zebridonce Kiforiter
Zebridonce Wighthill
Sig

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #460 on: July 28, 2013, 12:01:12 am »

Load up the bow and shoot an arrow into the wall to see how it works. Here's hoping it explodes.

And just for fun:

Alviscos Zentol Pioncale
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 04:08:18 pm by piecewise »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: July 28, 2013, 12:12:17 am »

Guess i should start meta-gaming now...
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: July 28, 2013, 12:14:15 am »

Guess i should start meta-gaming now...
Where's the fun in that? I plan to just jump in and start sayin' random words. I'll probably end up turning myself into a Nerf golem or something.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: July 28, 2013, 12:16:33 am »

I'd counter ask what the fun is in not being able to play for an untold amount of deaths but I want you to remain ignorant and vulnerable so I won't.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: July 28, 2013, 01:30:26 am »

((Piecewise! Turn yourself into candy!))
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 198