Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 370848 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [There Goes the Neighborhood]
« Reply #630 on: August 02, 2013, 09:27:36 am »

Yes.  There's a one turn cooldown once you leave combat, then it's full.  Anyone whose pool isn't listed is in "instant full restore" mode.

On that note, Derm's pool should be full now.  I need to fix that.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: August 02, 2013, 09:32:36 am »

Awesome.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: August 02, 2013, 09:37:43 am »

((I've a wand? XD))

Myra turned to view the interloper, and noticed someone familiar.

...No. Not again. Another killer. I can't escape. Maybe I can distract him while Derek..His weapon. Strange.

She pointed the wand at the strange entity, and shouted. "Cybea!"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: August 02, 2013, 09:51:53 am »

((I've a wand? XD))

Derek gave you his wand that gave him so many fits.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: August 02, 2013, 09:53:19 am »

continued attempts at thievery
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: August 02, 2013, 10:26:45 am »

FULL POOOL.

"Finally, away from all that nonsense.

Actions and movement!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #636 on: August 02, 2013, 10:36:47 am »

Words and Move.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 01:22:45 pm by Sarzael »
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: August 02, 2013, 11:27:04 am »

This time a crazy guy came in for sure.  He was trying to rob Myra!  Somehow he needed to stop that and quickly.  He quickly went over his mental list of words, and remembered one that actually did something.

Pointing at the space right above the muscled man's head, Derek shouts "Puboub!", hoping that the effect he remembered is one that will help.  He also tries to walk over and kick him with his bootclub.

If Derek were to land a hit with his oddly shaped iron toes, he might be able to stall the man long enough for them to leave.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: August 02, 2013, 01:19:32 pm »

Aw, no legacy for making a black hole?
For my future reference here is where I need to pick up my science-checking when I can get Google Drive again.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: August 02, 2013, 01:52:43 pm »

Josionop Terosifi

You look at what you've done and try again.

[Pot:3+1]  A bar of steel and a few more bones join the pile on the floor.  Welp.

Put that point in pool.
 Wait. Concentrate on staying solid and in one piece. Hold myself together and in one uncollapsed human shape.

You put all your focus on not collapsing.

[Str: 4-1+1]

Well... you don't get any worse.  It's still a constant fight, though.

She pointed the wand at the strange entity, and shouted. "Cybea!"
continued attempts at thievery
Pointing at the space right above the muscled man's head, Derek shouts "Puboub!", hoping that the effect he remembered is one that will help.  He also tries to walk over and kick him with his bootclub.

[Myra Spd:5+1]
[Pariah Spd:2]
[Derek Spd:4]

[Myra Pot:1]
[Myra End:3]

Myra is the first to react.  She points the wand at Pariah and yells her word, causing her own left arm to turn to acid.  Being a liquid, it falls to the floor, leaving a bleeding, slightly corroded stump.  Myra screams in pain.

[Derek Pot:3+1]

Derek tries to help as well, saying his magic word.  A few feet in front of him, right next to Pariah, a log of wood appears and thuds to the floor.  Snarling, he goes for a kick.  Unfortunately, he can't walk with his legs, so he improvises by walking with his legs and swinging his lower body.

[Derek Dex:2-2]

Or he would, at least, if the odd walking motion didn't cause him to fall over.

Pariah goes for the throat.

[Pariah Dex:4+1]
[Myra Dex:6]

[Pariah Str:1+1]

Myra starts flailing a bit, which makes it hard to go for a stranglehold, so he settles for a punch.  It glances off her shoulder harmlessly.

As far as Myra can tell, the wand didn't do anything in that spell.  Maybe it must be activated separately?

Actions and movement!

Derm, finally unmolested, heads up the east stairs in the grand room.  Approaching the ledge, he begins his science again.

[Pot:1+1]  A scrap of cloth appears and flutters down.

[Pot:6+1]  A large strange looking stone appears and goes crashing down.  It's an odd looking metal, but you can't recognize it.

[Pot:2+1]  Ice ice baby.

[Pot:5+1]  This gives you a large chuck of obsidian.

[Pot:4+1]  And now the entire pile of crap you summoned is covered in blood.  Nice.

Words and Move.

You look around for a ladder.  Well, you're on a bridge over a bottomless pit, with doors east and west of you.  West has three people trying to kill each other, and east has what appears to be a living black hole.  Maybe you should just stay here?  There's magic to try, anyway.

[Pot:6+1]  A grey fog appears over your right shoulder, then settles in just over it.  Huh.

Quote from: Players
Corsair:  Hale - North Ledge, Grand Room
Gamerlord:  Shane - Center, Cavern
Dermonster:  Derm - East ledge, Grand Room  {Face badly burned} (6)
Piecewise: Bob - West side, Spike Room  (Walking Vacuum)  {Somewhat scrunched in} (2)
Tiruin:  Myra - West side, Magma Room [Holding sheet of rubber, Wand]  {Left arm is gone, bleeding out}
Lasla:  Derek Grimdur - West side, Magma Room  {Legs are iron bootclubs}
Unholy_Pariah: Pariah -  West side, Magma Room [Glass segmented short rapier] (2)
Sarzael:  Alish - Center of Bridge, Bottomless Pit
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 02:02:07 pm by Toaster »

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #640 on: August 02, 2013, 01:57:06 pm »

Welp, a magic 7 wasted into something that seems kinda useless hmmm...

Touch the Fog with hand, and see if it spreads. (Im pretty sure i included the word for full body?). Ill asumme my magic has regenerated and try Magic.
If someone gets nearby run. If i cant run, yell Myxida(Blackhole) at who gets nearby while pointing him with finger.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 02:28:46 pm by Sarzael »
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: August 02, 2013, 02:00:21 pm »

"Finally, progress."

Research!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: August 02, 2013, 02:06:39 pm »

Things were going rather badly.  Derek watched as Myra's arm turned into acid and splashed onto the floor.  Ick.  Not only that but now he can't much of anything at all because he fell over.  That may be an issue.

Derek tries his best to pull himself off of the ground,  If he succeeds, he'll try to hit the muscled man with his spellbook.  He needs to get that crazy guy off of his companion!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 02:08:55 pm by Lalasa »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: August 02, 2013, 06:02:25 pm »

stuff
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: August 02, 2013, 06:13:45 pm »

((If Piecewise can't get online today, anybody wants to play him until he comes back on Monday?))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 198