Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 365434 times)

Defiatos

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [There Goes the Neighborhood]
« Reply #660 on: August 04, 2013, 06:23:01 am »

Anyone mind if I make a character and wait here for death?

So for the wait list and stuff.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: August 04, 2013, 12:11:50 pm »

Ahh, the smell of insanity. Makes me want to play...

Spoiler: Character sheet
(click to show/hide)

DaveTheGrave

• Bay Watcher
  • Dave The Avatarless, Master of Comebacks
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: August 04, 2013, 03:03:06 pm »

I should have the turn up later today.
Does that me I'll be in later today? :p, someone better die

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: August 04, 2013, 09:52:31 pm »

Damn slacker GMs

Touch the Fog with hand, and see if it spreads. (Im pretty sure i included the word for full body?). Ill asumme my magic has regenerated and try Magic.
If someone gets nearby run. If i cant run, yell Myxida(Blackhole) at who gets nearby while pointing him with finger.

It's not visible any more.  Somehow, you can sense it's there, but it doesn't seem to be visible or interact in any way.  Shrugging, you move on to your magic.

[Pot:3+1]  Magical ley lines flow across your skin.  They form together in a loose configuration, then settle in to your skin, shining faintly.

As soon as your spell is over, the grey fog appears and bursts.  Another set of ley lines appears, overwriting the one you just cast, but they fail to connect and form anything.  They disperse instead.

Huh.

Research!

Magical research must continue if you wish to verb yourself at everyone.

[Pot:5+1]  A huge glob of slime appears and splatters down in front of you.  Yuck- it's on your legs!

[Pot:6+1]  A tree trunk appears in front of you and slams to the ground.  Woody.  As far as you can tell, it's normal wood- not like you can pick it up and really test it.

[Pot:4+1]  Another set of boards appear.  You pick one up and smack the pile with it, and it snaps easily.  Hm.

Derek tries his best to pull himself off of the ground,  If he succeeds, he'll try to hit the muscled man with his spellbook.  He needs to get that crazy guy off of his companion!
stuff
"H-Haer.."

[Derek Spd: 4]
[Pariah Spd: 4]
[Myra Spd: 2]

[Derek Dex:5-1]
[Pariah Dex:1+1]

[Derek Str:5-1]
[Pariah End:3]

Derek finds he is able to swing himself on his hands enough to get at Pariah, who is too focused on casting to get away in time.  Derek cracks him in the side of the knee with his spellbook, and Pariah swears and grabs it... right after his spell fires off.

[Pariah Pot:4]

[Pariah Str:1+1]
[Derek Str:4-1]
[Myra Str:4]

A point of darkness of infinitesimal size and extreme mass appears, sucking everything and everyone nearby inward with its gravitational force.  Myra, a bit back, holds her ground, while Derek scrabbles at the floor, getting dragged a bit toward it and scraping his face.  Pariah, ironically, is the only one unable to resist, distracted by the blow to the knee.  He flies toward it and his midsection is sucked inward, sending his legs one way and his head another.  Both quickly crumble to ash as the vacuum vanishes.

Myra just stares, forgoing saying her word as her assailant is torn asunder.

[Pariah is dead.  His power goes to no one.]

Pioncale Ustrint Anneell Toussmism

Perhaps this vacuum existence isn't all it is cracked up to be?  You have to struggle to stabilize yourself before you can try to reverse it.

[Str:4-1]  You scrunch inward even more- this spell better work!

[Pot:5+1]  You speak your words, and the ley lines form across your body, overpowering the extreme vacuum and restoring your flesh, before they flash and activate.  Your frame shrinks inward and turns to gold.  Electric arcs flow out from your inner core and fill in the gaps.  Something- you're not sure what, seems to shimmer around your body.  You can't tell what it is until you nudge a loose rock with your foot, and it is repelled much harder than you would expect.  Huh.

Unfortunately, you're also about three feet tall thanks to the residual effects of your vacuum existence.

move away from derm then: Aion, Noyaniumma Fircerain

You get away from the scary man, and work your magic.

[Pot:5]  Nothing happens that you notice.

[Pot:5]  A sinister-looking whip forms in the air and falls to the ground.  It's formed entirely of magma, its lash steaming and boiling.  Nasty.

Colatica
-seperate-
Zibr

[Pot:3+1]  Nothing happens.

[Pot:2+1]  Nothing continues to happen.

Dave appears by the eastern wall of the Spike Room.  He looks at the spikes lining the wall to the south of him- better not hug those.

Quote from: Players
Corsair:  Hale - North Ledge, Grand Room
Gamerlord:  Shane - Center, Cavern
Dermonster:  Derm - East ledge, Grand Room  {Face badly burned} (6)
Piecewise: Bob - West side, Spike Room  (Walking Vacuum)  {Somewhat scrunched in} (2)
Tiruin:  Myra - West side, Magma Room [Holding sheet of rubber, Wand]  {Left arm is gone, bleeding out}
Lasla:  Derek Grimdur - West side, Magma Room  {Legs are iron bootclubs}
DaveTheGrave: - Dave - East edge, Spike Room
Sarzael:  Alish - Center of Bridge, Bottomless Pit
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Half the Man He Used to Be]
« Reply #664 on: August 04, 2013, 09:55:13 pm »

Bulg Sahe

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: August 04, 2013, 09:55:34 pm »

Black holes are now tied with the spike wall for most popular method of death.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: August 04, 2013, 10:10:57 pm »

"I need a better method of testing those, it appears..."

More tests!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: August 04, 2013, 11:05:43 pm »

Rewaitlist.

Name: Outcast Wizard
Description: a tall man completely hidden beneath a hooded robe.
Stats:
3 pot
2 pool
1 spd
1 Dex
1 end
1 str

« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 11:13:15 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #668 on: August 05, 2013, 01:40:59 am »

Use this turn to focus onto obtaining potency.

Blackhole Myxida attackers.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: August 05, 2013, 01:52:16 am »

"Cool"
Gostophori Smastendip Froitry and try to pickup the whip safely (relatively)
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #670 on: August 05, 2013, 08:08:42 am »

Oh good, I'm a magic midget.

Boster josionp

Sabidetria josionp
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 12:01:26 pm by piecewise »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: August 05, 2013, 08:44:42 am »

Use this turn to focus onto obtaining potency.

If you're saying you wish to overdrive, note that it'd come and be gone this turn.  If you're just trying to buff yourself for next turn, that won't work.  See below.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 09:20:10 am by Toaster »

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: August 05, 2013, 09:06:43 am »

I don't suppose you could update the op with the extra rules?  I think it would be easier for newcomers.  (dodge rules etc.)

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #673 on: August 05, 2013, 09:13:24 am »

Oh good, I'm a magic midget.

Anyone have words they want me to try?
Eeeeh, if you find control word, please tell me.
Anyways, you should go back and see the words you tried and didnt do anything, and use them along with other words.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: August 05, 2013, 09:22:38 am »

I don't suppose you could update the op with the extra rules?  I think it would be easier for newcomers.  (dodge rules etc.)

Good idea, and done.  I did make a small clarification- I had intentionally intended that this wouldn't work for Potency, or Strength if used on a melee attack, but decided that was a bit arbitrary- and I never actually said that.  Instead, I specified that if used for Potency, it only applies to the first spell cast in a turn, and dropped the Strength bit.  As such, Sarzael, said action does indeed work.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 198