Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 365378 times)

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Half the Man He Used to Be]
« Reply #675 on: August 05, 2013, 09:33:08 am »

I don't suppose you could update the op with the extra rules?  I think it would be easier for newcomers.  (dodge rules etc.)

Good idea, and done.  I did make a small clarification- I had intentionally intended that this wouldn't work for Potency, or Strength if used on a melee attack, but decided that was a bit arbitrary- and I never actually said that.  Instead, I specified that if used for Potency, it only applies to the first spell cast in a turn, and dropped the Strength bit.  As such, Sarzael, said action does indeed work.
So, i can focus to get potency for next turn, right?
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: August 05, 2013, 09:38:35 am »

Yes, but it will only apply to the first spell you cast that turn, assuming you cast more than one.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: August 05, 2013, 10:11:42 am »

Hey toaster, you have me listed as dying twice, one handedly hammer throwing myself into a spike wall and you forgot to add me to the waitlist.

I require that you fix these grievous and in one case entertaining errors.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: August 05, 2013, 10:16:15 am »

Consider them rectified.

Spoiler- I am lazy about updating the waitlist.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: August 05, 2013, 10:18:16 am »

Yay, now im only incompetant instead of suicidal.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: August 05, 2013, 10:19:12 am »

On an unrelated note, I have finally actually added the Fan Art section to the OP instead of just thinking I did.  Thanks again, Bigf00t!

DaveTheGrave

• Bay Watcher
  • Dave The Avatarless, Master of Comebacks
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: August 05, 2013, 12:36:28 pm »

Pmed Actions!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: August 05, 2013, 03:05:05 pm »

Bulg Sahe

[Pot:6+1]  Nothing happens.  Hmm.

More tests!

Frustrated at your lack of solid progress, you try some more magic.

[Pot:6+1]  A shimmering image of a dagger.  It spins around on its blade.

[Pot:4+1]  A spear forms before you.  Its shaft is shining steel, with a head formed of brightly shining light.  As it drops to the ground, the head bounces up a lot higher than you would expect.

Use this turn to focus onto obtaining potency.

You channel your inner Saiyan and charge your power level.  You scream a few times for good measure.

Gostophori Smastendip Froitry and try to pickup the whip safely (relatively)

(I'm assuming that the third word is supposed to be Froi)

[Pot:4]  A woodcutter's axe forms and falls to the ground.  It's made entirely out of woven hair, including the blade, and is about as sharp as woven hair.  It's also huge- about seven and a half feet long, with a handle like your leg and a blade as tall as your forearm and longer than that.

Shrugging, you gingerly touch the whip with your finger- and swear as the flesh burns and chars.  Nope, turns out touching magma is a bad idea.

Oh good, I'm a magic midget.

Boster josionp
Sabidetria josionp

You certainly are.  It's a small inconvenience.  Perhaps it'll only last a short time?  You may have to lay low.  Don't try to be a big deal.  Keep your nose low to the ground.  Don't try to reach above your height, you know?

[Pot:3+1]  You get what appears to be a prism-shaped hunk of steel.  It'd be useful to make rainbows if you could shine a light through it.

[Pot:3+1]  Another chunk of steel.  You reach to touch it to see if you notice anything special about it, and your hand goes straight through it.

Pmed Actions!

You head away from the scary looking spikes, north into the large round room.  You head out until you're clear of the overhead ledge.  It's quite a big room, and it looks like you're not alone.  Shrugging, you try your hand at magic.

[Pot:4]  In front of you forms a brown pony.  It appears normal at first glance, except for its lack of mane.  Looking closer, you realize it has rather wrinkled skin.  Patting its flank, you realize two things.  First, its skin is clearly tanned leather.  Second, whatever is under its skin is hard as rock.

It turns and gives you a disinterested look, then bends down and munches on an errant weed.

Quote from: Players
Corsair:  Hale - North Ledge, Grand Room
Gamerlord:  Shane - Center, Cavern
Dermonster:  Derm - East ledge, Grand Room  {Face badly burned} (6)
Piecewise: Bob - West side, Spike Room  (Body is force and electricity over gold)  {Half Size} (2)
Tiruin:  Myra - West side, Magma Room [Holding sheet of rubber, Wand]  {Left arm is gone, bleeding out}
Lasla:  Derek Grimdur - West side, Magma Room  {Legs are iron bootclubs}
DaveTheGrave: - Dave - South side, Grand Room
Sarzael:  Alish - Center of Bridge, Bottomless Pit  (Potency Focus)

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #683 on: August 05, 2013, 03:30:58 pm »

Become Super Saiyan and kill everyone
Action!
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: August 05, 2013, 06:40:20 pm »

"Hrm."

Grab the spear. Actions!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: August 05, 2013, 11:42:18 pm »

Ustrint Echapl

DaveTheGrave

• Bay Watcher
  • Dave The Avatarless, Master of Comebacks
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: August 06, 2013, 01:00:47 am »

Dave does Actions! and braces hismelf.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: August 06, 2013, 02:01:33 am »

"OWW... also weird"
Froi Fintieshro Ouzzitt pickup result if possible
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #688 on: August 06, 2013, 02:44:03 am »

Walk over to Tiruin. If I still have those arrows with the burning tips, attempt to use one to close her wounds. If not hug her until a combination of force and electricity takes her off to the promised land.

If she is dead by the time I get there:

Josionp Pame tifesslos myxida

Because I like living dangerously.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #689 on: August 06, 2013, 02:51:39 am »

Walk over to Tiruin. If I still have those arrows with the burning tips, attempt to use one to close her wounds. If not hug her until a combination of force and electricity takes her off to the promised land.

If she is dead by the time I get there:

Josionp Pame tifesslos myxida

Because I like living dangerously.
Also, who has the wand?
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 198