Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 370654 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [In which the wait list is shortened]
« Reply #1125 on: August 15, 2013, 10:00:37 am »

Realistically, though, when an enemy wants to kill you and you're unconscious...what're you going to do? He can just slit your throat, death within the minute.

Anyways. Since my alliance with Mr. King-Of-The-Pit is pretty unproductive, and since he's decided to declare open season for himself on people who don't PM words all sneaky-like...his plan involves using the wand. I think he thinks it lets you do just about anything without using words, if your Will is high enough.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: August 15, 2013, 10:03:35 am »

Realistically, though, when an enemy wants to kill you and you're unconscious...what're you going to do? He can just slit your throat, death within the minute.

You were talking 'bout video games. :3
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: August 15, 2013, 10:06:29 am »

I realized that that was a bad example when scapheap brought up the list of video games where 0 HP means unconsciousness and death is almost never a thing. As well as when I considered that most video games don't include a coup de grace mechanic, or even much in the way of unconsciousness a lot of the time.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: August 15, 2013, 10:11:30 am »

((...Wait, choking prolonged unconsciousness which was due to shock?

Err, there are missing details there, or at least an Endurance roll :(

Anyway, divert the talk back to the game instead of deviating and comparing it to similar 'tropes', please.))

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: August 15, 2013, 10:16:57 am »

I was unconcious before. I remained unconcious due to a str 5 against an end 6, a feat which was not repeated with my spear and crystal mans already damaged head with a higher str roll.

THe conversation has been slightly confusing to follow so I dont know if this was what you were asking about.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 10:19:02 am by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: August 15, 2013, 10:58:58 am »

((...Wait, choking prolonged unconsciousness which was due to shock?

Err, there are missing details there, or at least an Endurance roll :(

Anyway, divert the talk back to the game instead of deviating and comparing it to similar 'tropes', please.))

((B-but I don't like the game discussion, reminds me too much of bad times in some of my own games.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

DaveTheGrave

• Bay Watcher
  • Dave The Avatarless, Master of Comebacks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: August 15, 2013, 12:22:09 pm »

killing derm just threw this thread off the rails lol

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: August 15, 2013, 12:38:03 pm »

((Can we get on withn the killing and the zapping and being sucked into black holes?))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: August 15, 2013, 01:48:10 pm »

Zibr Ollospon.

[Pot:5+1]  This gets you a shimmering image of a thin-looking sabertooth tiger.

Not wanting to meet the fate Ocil silently moves onwards.
Spend point.

You sneak into the magma room and look around.  Well, there's a guy with axe legs who is bleeding a lot, a woman made of acid giggling with glee about that wand she's holding, and one more dude staring glumly at a broken lump of copper.

Business as usual, you suppose.

Reminisce on the kill for a moment, then actions!

Ahh, good times.

[Pot:6+1]  An obsidian helmet falls to the ground.  Well, it'd protect your head if you crouched down and got under it, since it's way too huge to actually wear.

[Pot:2+1]  Now you have an obsidian breastplate that's too small to wear to go with it.  Damn it.

And you don't have the pool for your third spell since you need to wait a turn for a full fill.  So next time.

Turn my axes back into fleshy legs, get my inept butt back up!

Your legs don't respond to any sort of mental urging to unaxe.  Perhaps magic will do?

[Pot:2]  This just gets you a shimmering blob of indeterminate shape.

[Pot:1]  Nothing happens.

Maybe not.

Actions!

You yawn, stretch, and say your words.

[Pot:3+1]  Magical ley lines form across your body.  They join together and fade in to your skin.

(Did you realize your two PMs had a different word for the last word?  I used the later PM.)

Well, i knew it was Myra one. Now its mine.
Ok, Wand Stuffy Stuff!

You dance your wandy dance, point it forward, charge your mental reserves, and will it to work.

[Wand:5]  There's a burst of fire in front of you, and it coalesces into what appears to be a tail.  The fire is odd, though, as if it's some sort of gas rather than the fire you know and love.

It's not really what you had in mind.

Quote from: Players
Mastacheese:  Cromwell - North Side, Magma Room  {Legs are bronze axes, left arm is crippled and bleeding above the elbow}
Gamerlord:  Shane - Center, Cavern  [Obsidian Greatsword]
Draco1234:  Danath - Northeast side, Grand Room  (Ley lines covering whole body)
Tsuchigumo550:  Algem - East Side, Magma Room
RathofSTS:  Ocil - East Entrance, Magma Room (2)
Chink: Chantala - Southeast side, Grand Room
DaveTheGrave: Dave - Center, Spike Room  (Crystal-Electric Form)  {Cracked skull}  (8)
Sarzael:  Alish - West Side, Spike Room  (Body is acid) [Wand] {Leaking a bit of acid}
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

DaveTheGrave

• Bay Watcher
  • Dave The Avatarless, Master of Comebacks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: August 15, 2013, 02:08:36 pm »

Sigh, then do some more sexy actions!

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1135 on: August 15, 2013, 02:09:53 pm »

Welp, atleast my legs arent axes.

Further Actions.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: August 15, 2013, 03:03:21 pm »

Can't you people PLEASE do some public Science? Or at least take me up on my offer for some tests?
Sig

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: August 15, 2013, 03:06:49 pm »

Can't you people PLEASE do some public Science? Or at least take me up on my offer for some tests?
When I get in, I'll help you out if you ask and if you've figured out a hilariously awesome use for it. And vice versa.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #1138 on: August 15, 2013, 03:17:07 pm »

Seeing as we seem to have a split between those in favor of public science and those against, I have a compromise - Those of us in favor of science shall form Team Science, and shall share freely the results of our research with each other, while keeping them secret from those in favor of secrecy. Sound good?

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: August 15, 2013, 03:18:19 pm »

Seeing as we seem to have a split between those in favor of public science and those against, I have a compromise - Those of us in favor of science shall form Team Science, and shall share freely the results of our research with each other, while keeping them secret from those in favor of secrecy. Sound good?
I have a vague feeling of deja vu.
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 198