Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 376892 times)

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Farmville]
« Reply #1455 on: August 27, 2013, 12:12:25 pm »

DERM LET'S FIGURE OUT HOW TO WEAPONISE HEAVEN SAFELY AND EFFICIENTLY
High will?
We could try using someone ELSE's will, perhaps with an aiming spell.
I have 3 Will, but unless you know the word for Drain i dont think it will be to useful, unless you plan on killing someone with it.
As long as we keep it far away from ourselves, it might do better. I wonder if there's any personality words, such as 'Loyal' or 'Allied'. 'Allied Heaven Black hole Magma Dragon' could be quite fun for us, and !!fun!! for our enemies.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1456 on: August 27, 2013, 12:38:27 pm »

DERM LET'S FIGURE OUT HOW TO WEAPONISE HEAVEN SAFELY AND EFFICIENTLY
High will?
We could try using someone ELSE's will, perhaps with an aiming spell.
I have 3 Will, but unless you know the word for Drain i dont think it will be to useful, unless you plan on killing someone with it.
As long as we keep it far away from ourselves, it might do better. I wonder if there's any personality words, such as 'Loyal' or 'Allied'. 'Allied Heaven Black hole Magma Dragon' could be quite fun for us, and !!fun!! for our enemies.
There is Control word, which if used correctly, allows you to convert anyone on your ally... Wether they want or not.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: August 27, 2013, 12:45:44 pm »

DERM! I POLITELY ASK THEE TO FIND US THIS WORD, SO THAT WE MAY ALL ALLY OURSELVES AS HEAVENMANCERS AGAINST THE ANTI-DERM CONGOLEMERATE!

Unless the 'Control' word goes horribly wrong, like making the Heavenbeast control us. Which would be amusing, but not very constructive in destroying our enemies under a rain of heavenfire.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: August 27, 2013, 12:49:35 pm »

I would definitely incarnate the hellish rebellion against the heavenly dictatorship. But just because tentacles are cooler than golden mail.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1459 on: August 27, 2013, 12:59:23 pm »

DERM! I POLITELY ASK THEE TO FIND US THIS WORD, SO THAT WE MAY ALL ALLY OURSELVES AS HEAVENMANCERS AGAINST THE ANTI-DERM CONGOLEMERATE!

Unless the 'Control' word goes horribly wrong, like making the Heavenbeast control us. Which would be amusing, but not very constructive in destroying our enemies under a rain of heavenfire.
Control word uses a will roll for pretty much anything having to do with its actual effect (Not with the word itself), while controlling creatures is easy, controlling people isnt. Why? Controlling creatures doesnt need a will roll (Atleast, it didnt need one), while people does. Plus to people you need to have the word for Though.

Tomcost: I use tentacles!
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: August 27, 2013, 01:07:14 pm »

I'm not looking for allies, yet. I will probably go with GWG to test stuff first.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: August 27, 2013, 01:08:22 pm »

I HAVE JUST HAD THE MOST BRILLIANT IDEA. MAYBE WE COULD USE CONTROL TO REPLICATE THE CHINKBERD! EXCEPT WORKING!

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1462 on: August 27, 2013, 01:24:38 pm »

I HAVE JUST HAD THE MOST BRILLIANT IDEA. MAYBE WE COULD USE CONTROL TO REPLICATE THE CHINKBERD! EXCEPT WORKING!
Considering some of my plans if i found the control word had to do with converting GWG into a living throne...

I'm not looking for allies, yet. I will probably go with GWG to test stuff first.
I didnt say i wanted alliance. However, if you attempt to protect GWG i will eliminate you too.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: August 27, 2013, 02:09:45 pm »

"Gah, screw it, going to skip ammo generation 'till I get more words."
Brace against spikes again, say words while thinking of crystal bolts that shatter into blackholes:
"Umbulaggis Tifesslos Nunpachori Myxida."

((I'm probably going to need the (contains) word here, but it's still worth a shot.))]

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: August 27, 2013, 02:13:03 pm »

^Tomcost silently expects the result of that spell.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: August 27, 2013, 02:14:04 pm »

Control word uses a will roll for pretty much anything having to do with its actual effect (Not with the word itself), while controlling creatures is easy, controlling people isnt. Why? Controlling creatures doesnt need a will roll (Atleast, it didnt need one), while people does. Plus to people you need to have the word for Though.

IIRC, control on animals and such was a straight roll while on people was an opposed roll.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: August 27, 2013, 02:33:24 pm »

Considering some of my plans if i found the control word had to do with converting GWG into a living throne...
Why do you feel the need to antagonize me? I'm just a philanthropist scholar.

I didnt say i wanted alliance. However, if you attempt to protect GWG i will eliminate you too.
Seriously, why are the knowledge-hoarders going after the ones who give their knowledge away? Because they want to be in power, they want to stay there. They don't want the new players with no ability to have experimented extensively to be able to depose them, they don't want a level playing field. Those of us with our open-source magic, we make sure everyone knows knowledge coming in--you don't have to be forced into a knowledge alliance with some long-term player to learn the secrets of Myxidia or Irros. Those on top, the ones with the knowledge monopoly, they can use that monopoly to get souls so they survive, do more science, gain more knowledge that they keep to themselves, stay on top.
Let's stop this. I'm going to be forming the Alliance of Mages for Public Arcane Knowledge (AMPAK). Members of AMPAK promise to make all knowledge they learn public, and to help other AMPAK members when they are in distress. Who is with me?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: August 27, 2013, 02:38:17 pm »

((*rasies hand*))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: August 27, 2013, 02:43:30 pm »

Umm, this will get me killed, so, umm I'm out.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: August 27, 2013, 02:54:18 pm »

Why do you feel the need to antagonize me? I'm just a philanthropist scholar.

Seriously, why are the knowledge-hoarders going after the ones who give their knowledge away? Because they want to be in power, they want to stay there. They don't want the new players with no ability to have experimented extensively to be able to depose them, they don't want a level playing field. Those of us with our open-source magic, we make sure everyone knows knowledge coming in--you don't have to be forced into a knowledge alliance with some long-term player to learn the secrets of Myxidia or Irros. Those on top, the ones with the knowledge monopoly, they can use that monopoly to get souls so they survive, do more science, gain more knowledge that they keep to themselves, stay on top.
Let's stop this. I'm going to be forming the Alliance of Mages for Public Arcane Knowledge (AMPAK). Members of AMPAK promise to make all knowledge they learn public, and to help other AMPAK members when they are in distress. Who is with me?
((I'm not in the game, but... *raises hand* :P))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 198