Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 370632 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Killllllllll FRENZY!]
« Reply #2025 on: September 20, 2013, 10:18:50 pm »

((Mind reminding us all of who they are? If I'm on the hit list I'd like to know.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: September 20, 2013, 10:21:21 pm »

Maybe I should keep that a secret. But you aren't on it.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 10:26:46 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: September 20, 2013, 10:30:52 pm »

((Yay! Keeping a public wordlist is not punishable by death!))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: September 20, 2013, 10:34:16 pm »

Waitlist is up to date
I remember when you said my fan art would be on the OP.
Man, those were the days.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: September 20, 2013, 10:35:18 pm »

Oh.

I forgot about that.

Hm.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: September 20, 2013, 11:16:28 pm »

Waitlist is up to date
I remember when you said my fan art would be on the OP.
Man, those were the days.

Okay, really?  I totally remember putting that in there.  I blame the forum for that one.  (I'll fix it soon)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: September 20, 2013, 11:19:31 pm »

Oh don't you even start with that I've been waiting fucking months.
I just want to say, I'm actually glad Derm is back, if you will excuse the pun, he kinda DID get shafted... but mostly that waitlist. Owch. Might pay to be more careful with that murder in the future. I've injured myself by NOT thinking of the extra possibilities of my form and the spells I was casting... I'll have it covered soon tho.

reasons not to kill derm as soon as he spawns:
1) sense of fair play.
2) first row seats to the apocalypse.
Damn Straight!

BTW TOASTER! TURN THANGS!
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2032 on: September 21, 2013, 03:11:24 am »

PMed stats and actions!

((I'm not better prepared to use it at all, just came up with a method to partially overcome the uncertainty of the dice. And got lucky, really lucky))
Well go kill Derm now if you want to keep those souls and gain an extra POWERFUL word.
You do realize, hes gonna attack you right? 11 of the 15 souls you have were Derm souls... And he said hes gonna take them back. Kill him now before he has time to get ready :P
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 03:14:34 am by Sarzael »
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: September 21, 2013, 03:35:08 am »

PMed stats and actions!

((I'm not better prepared to use it at all, just came up with a method to partially overcome the uncertainty of the dice. And got lucky, really lucky))
Well go kill Derm now if you want to keep those souls and gain an extra POWERFUL word.
You do realize, hes gonna attack you right? 11 of the 15 souls you have were Derm souls... And he said hes gonna take them back. Kill him now before he has time to get ready :P
((those souls would have been mine if my arcane sword wasn't a toothpick... also quit your fear mongering hes not going to assault a 15 soul behemoth without charging up first.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2034 on: September 21, 2013, 03:37:10 am »

PMed stats and actions!

((those souls would have been mine if my arcane sword wasn't a toothpick... also quit your fear mongering hes not going to assault a 15 soul behemoth without charging up first.))
And im saying lets do not give him time to charge up. And Tomcost isnt very experienced with the game either. A random dude killed Ocil, just like Tomcost (Random number N2) killed... Whoever killed Ocil. And you think Derm wouldnt be able to kill him if we give him time?

And he will probably go get Bigfoot first, since he has many souls too.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 03:41:37 am by Sarzael »
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: September 21, 2013, 03:42:56 am »

Although I dislike the premise of "everyone kills everyone", I have to ask. Is there even a point of not doing that in an explicitly deathmatch game? It's not like Derm killing everyone is significantly different from someone else killing everyone.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2036 on: September 21, 2013, 03:50:43 am »

Although I dislike the premise of "everyone kills everyone", I have to ask. Is there even a point of not doing that in an explicitly deathmatch game? It's not like Derm killing everyone is significantly different from someone else killing everyone.
Has GWG said before, Derm has... talents.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: September 21, 2013, 04:00:19 am »

and if you had read the original arena parts as thoroughly as you seem, you would realize that they are pretty much limited to him getting killed near instantly upon joining.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: September 21, 2013, 09:05:26 am »

Oh.
I forgot about that.
Hm.
((...Dammit derm.))

and if you had read the original arena parts as thoroughly as you seem, you would realize that they are pretty much limited to him getting killed near instantly upon joining.
((I was referring to his tendency to cause massive collateral damage with his overshots.))

((Although yeah, the fear-mongering is kinda silly. Oh, and action edited shortly.))
Sig

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: September 21, 2013, 10:14:47 am »

((Question to Sarzael: why do you want Derm killed? He is going to shorten the waitlist anway))
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 198