Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 364235 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Half of You Have Injured Left Legs]
« Reply #2535 on: October 19, 2013, 12:22:27 am »

@GreatWrymGold: You seem to be under the assumption that I give a shiv about my legs.

I don't.

OK, so the only other two people in the room are a guy under GM shield, and Dave, who's currently away, as it seems, so I can't really combat them.

Meh, be peaceable, say a word or three.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: October 19, 2013, 10:57:34 am »

If anyone wants to help me with the 7 or 8 pot roll magma stag BEFORE it escapes, I would be grateful! As would our life expectancies.

It's actually a bull.

OK, so the only other two people in the room are a guy under GM shield

Not any more.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: October 19, 2013, 11:03:33 am »

If anyone wants to help me with the 7 or 8 pot roll magma stag BEFORE it escapes, I would be grateful! As would our life expectancies.
I will do the cleanup after I kill the arcane werewolf. Because it can make stuff explode, while the bull can't.

Those irresponsible players of today who summon things that they can't control....

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: October 19, 2013, 11:09:24 am »

[Insert joke making fun of a political group you dislike here]
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: October 19, 2013, 12:31:16 pm »

((I have a feeling those symbols have a lot more to do with the patterns than they do the elements on their page.))

Pesifyini Tral Keefugat.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: October 21, 2013, 09:59:14 am »

The werewolf will die One way, or another
pitiful attempts to defend myself.

Kids these days, summoning all sorts of horrible things, mumble grumble

[Jabon Spd:3+1]
[Outcast Spd:4]
[Werewolf Spd:2]

Jabon and Outcast Wizard both move for the werewolf at the same time.

[Outcast Pot:5+1]

[Werewolf End:4]

[Jabon Dex:3+2]
[Werewolf Dex:6]

[Jabon Pot:1+2+1]

The werewolf mostly dodges away from Jabon's had as Outcast Wizard fires off his spell.

Jabon summons a splash of blood, which explodes away from the werewolf's flank.  It doesn't seem to affect him nearly as much as the blast from Outcast Wizard's spell, which leaves the werewolf flat on his back and pawing at the large wound on his chest, a whimper coming out of him.  He's too hurt to counterattack, leaving Jabon open to throw his second spell.

[Jabon Pot:5+2]

A massive stream of liquid silver blasts forth from Jabon's finger.  The arcane energy does explode some of it away, but the werewolf starts shrieking as soon as the first drop hits.  It's not long before the werewolf is annihilated.

Actually, there's still quite a lot of silver left over, flowing around and pooling up.  Hm.

Well seeing as this guy is a vegetable Mark looks around for a way to kill him while trying out a

word.

You could always just choke him to death.

[Pot:2+1]  A grapefruit-sized chunk of rubber bounces off his head.  He doesn't blink.

Another Experiment, because what else can I do?

You could crawl to someone and murder them.

[Pot:1]
[End:3]

Your left arm turns to cloth.  Son of a BITCH.

Regardless, FIRE "ARCANE COMPENSATOR" at the moose-thing's face, should slow it down/distract it, or make it hopefully rampage in it's room!

You should be careful- technically, the moose-thing is the steel non-aggressive one near you, not the magma bull your context indicates.

In any case, bombs away!

[Bigf01t Dex:3]

Your shot goes wide and smacks the opposite door frame again.  The bull is still caught in the blast radius, though.

[Bull End:3]  It stops, bellows, and shakes its head several times.  Good thing too, because one more smash and it's in the pit room.

Meh, be peaceable, say a word or three.

[Pot:1]  Man, these dice hate you.
[End:4]  Your right hand turns into a scythe made of fire, which burns away.

That's okay, I don't need those extra limbs anyway!

((I have a feeling those symbols have a lot more to do with the patterns than they do the elements on their page.))

Pesifyini Tral Keefugat.

Maybe!

[Pot:3]  You get a Bambi made out of ice.   Awwww.

Dave shimmers, shakes, and is unsummoned.

Zubaz "The Baz" pops into place in the middle of the Grand Room.  His eyes spark as he looks for some ass to kick.

Quote from: Players
Unholy_Pariah:  Outcast Wizard - East exit, Spike Room (1/3 Pool, Body is big and arcane, Pot Focus) [Arcane greatsword] {Left leg is badly injured, especially the knee; cannot stand on it, Right leg gone, Lower abdomen is gouged} (5)
Bigf00t: Bigf01t - East entrance, Spike Room (2/6 Pool, Body is arcane field over steel core) [Arcane hoverhammer, Arcane shield, Arcane Helmet, Wand, Arcane Great Crossbow "Compensation Launcher"] {Chest feels burned/raw} (6)
Killerhellhound: Mark Sheperd - Center, Grand Room (1 Pool)
TCM: Zubaz - Center, Grand Room (0 Pool)
Tomcost: Jabon -  East side, Spike Room (1/6 Pool, Body is air) (22)
Vakothu: Azilain - South Exit, Cavern (3 Pool)  {Right hand is inert steel (fingers gone), chest is cut and bleeding, legs are inert cloth, left arm is inert cloth} (2)
Tsuchigumo550: Derya Shirazi - North Side, Cavern (3 Pool)
mastahcheese: Cromwellius The Second - North Side, Grand Room (3 Pool, right leg is gone, right hand is gone, skin is scaly, Is a fire drake)

And Dave goes back to the AWOL list.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: October 21, 2013, 10:28:20 am »

arm based victory dance.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: October 21, 2013, 11:44:27 am »

((I think that I will eventually make a cleanup of players if you keep losing limbs and don't know how to make new ones grow. Because a deathmatch of invalids would be a great idea for another RTD))

Do a little science.

A word that I want in public domain (this is for you GWG):

Hyosolourn: blood.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: October 21, 2013, 12:45:49 pm »

Thanks for the word, and for helping getting the waitlist moving!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: October 21, 2013, 12:46:15 pm »

Allow me to cite ER here:

"Sa'las: God of amputation. The Limb Collector."

The image on the opposing page shows a strange sort of being with a hard, geometrically shaped, faceless head, thin, talon tipped hands and a body hidden beneath a long robe. Out of it's back grows what could only be described as a tree made of human limbs, bundled legs and arms for a trunk and branches. The symbol at the bottom of the page is a bonesaw.

"Sa'las is the collector of limbs, both accidental amputation and purposeful. With the flesh of living men he grows the tree, the fruit of which is said to be the minds of new doctors yet unborn. Despite is appearance and ghoulish work Sa'las is a benevolent being, taking only the already severed limb, burnt in offering, as his payment. When he is prayed to or his sign is marked upon limbs about to be amputated or near the stumps of those already severed, he is said to injure swift recovery in return. Beyond this, his work brings new life or at least an aspect of life, where as many others in the pantheon simply gorge or enjoy themselves."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: October 21, 2013, 12:52:10 pm »

((But there are no gods in this game yet, right? RIGHT?))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: October 21, 2013, 12:55:27 pm »

Right.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: October 21, 2013, 04:20:17 pm »

Watch how the ice fawn and flesh cube interact, if at all, then:
Abcolosan Fakenrea Josionp.
((Should be fun if I'm able to do what I'm planning to do.))
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: October 21, 2013, 06:30:15 pm »

Let's get things started.

ACTION TIME!
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 198