Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 377969 times)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Half of You Have Injured Left Legs]
« Reply #2565 on: October 22, 2013, 10:04:20 pm »

Amputations are Magic?
When I get more pool I will summon unicorns of amputation
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: October 22, 2013, 10:14:14 pm »

((When i get a larger pool i shall summon an evil bunny that reanimates severed limbs, just because.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: October 22, 2013, 10:50:32 pm »

((When i get a larger pool i shall summon an evil bunny that reanimates severed limbs, just because.))
((Will you name it angel))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2568 on: October 23, 2013, 02:47:01 am »

I would be interesting in what words you would use.
I guess the simple form using Perplexicon words would be ´´(Material) Bunny animate Flesh``
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: October 23, 2013, 04:55:21 am »

I guess the simple form using Perplexicon words would be ´´(Material) Bunny animate Flesh``
Somehow i dont think that would work, the closest word to animate would be either alive or moving... so you would get something akin to a crab rabbit, living/moving flesh surrounded by a rabbit shaped exoskeleton made of the designated material.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: October 23, 2013, 07:00:44 am »

Amputations are Magic?
When I get more pool I will summon unicorns of amputation
And then you screw up the syntax and get an amputee unicorn.

Somehow i dont think that would work, the closest word to animate would be either alive or moving... so you would get something akin to a crab rabbit, living/moving flesh surrounded by a rabbit shaped exoskeleton made of the designated material.
So you want to magically make a crabbit...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2571 on: October 23, 2013, 08:15:58 am »

There WAS a word for Animate in Perplexicon.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: October 23, 2013, 10:08:50 am »

arm based victory dance.

Throw yo hands in the ay-err, and wave them like like you just don't cay-err.

Do a little science.

Do a little science, make a little abomination, get down tonight.

[Pot:4+2] This gets you a fairly large crystal growth.

How about that- you sure can touch it.  It's sharp, too.

Watch how the ice fawn and flesh cube interact, if at all, then:
Abcolosan Fakenrea Josionp.
((Should be fun if I'm able to do what I'm planning to do.))

The ice fawn sniffs around.  The flesh cube just moans out, "killllllll mmeeeeeeee."  Classy.

[Pot:4] A set of steel armguards form.  They hover in the air in front of you.

Let's get things started.

ACTION TIME!

Talk to the new arrival "Hi can we team up strength in numbers and all that"

also Word

"Let's be friends!"

"NOPE."

[Zubaz Spd:4]
[Mark Spd:3-1]

[Zubaz Dex:1+2]
[Mark Dex:5]

Zubaz flings himself at Mark, but he skillfully dodges to the side.  Mark turns toward Zubaz and shouts his word.

[Mark Pot:3+1]  A gold bar forms and thuds to the ground.  Maybe you could bribe him away?

Say Pioncale Rogran, because it appears I am destined for that anyway.

You embrace your destiny.

[Pot:4]  A series of ley lines encircle your body in a loose configuration.

Yo

Yo yo yo yo, what it is.

[Pot:5]  A rather large scythe formed out of fire appears before you and clatters to the ground.  It's rather larger than you could wield comfortably.  You know, if it wasn't made out of fire.

Set aside the "Compensator" for a moment...

If the bull is reluctant to enter that range, or it doesn't seem safe for me, face bull and fire:
"Enur Echapl"

If I can safely swing the arcane hover-hammer at the thing's head from behind the door, go for it!

[Bigf01t Spd:5]
[Bull Spd:1]

As the bull rears back for another bash, you unleash your magic at him.

[Bigf01t Dex:2]
[Bigf01t Pot:4+1]

You seriously menace the wall next to the doorframe with a jet of water.  Man, your aim sucks.

The bull bashes into the pit room and charges across the bridge, intent on bashing down the doorframe you're currently hiding behind.  Perhaps you should do something about that.

Quote from: Players
Unholy_Pariah:  Outcast Wizard - East exit, Spike Room (3 Pool, Body is big and arcane, Pot Focus) [Arcane greatsword] {Left leg is badly injured, especially the knee; cannot stand on it, Right leg gone, Lower abdomen is gouged} (5)
Bigf00t: Bigf01t - East entrance, Spike Room (1/6 Pool, Body is arcane field over steel core) [Arcane hoverhammer, Arcane shield, Arcane Helmet, Wand, Arcane Great Crossbow "Compensation Launcher"] {Chest feels burned/raw} (6)
Killerhellhound: Mark Sheperd - Center, Grand Room (1 Pool)
TCM: Zubaz - Center, Grand Room (0 Pool)
Tomcost: Jabon -  East side, Spike Room (6 Pool, Body is air) (22)
Vakothu: Azilain - South Exit, Cavern (3 Pool, body is covered in ley lines)  {Right hand is inert steel (fingers gone), chest is cut and bleeding, legs are inert cloth, left arm is inert cloth} (2)
Tsuchigumo550: Derya Shirazi - North Side, Cavern (3 Pool)
mastahcheese: Cromwellius The Second - North Side, Grand Room (3 Pool, right leg is gone, right hand is gone, skin is scaly, Is a fire drake)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Arm-Based Victory Dance]
« Reply #2573 on: October 23, 2013, 10:15:20 am »

stuff.

((Yay im a turn title.))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: October 23, 2013, 11:03:49 am »

((Let's save the day!

Everybody get the fuck away from me and the pit room.))

Walk to the magma room, say:

Eolginv Reoxidinn Jupedem Zigula. Point at the magic alien until he is dead, then point at the bull if the magic is still having an effect.

((I'm killing the magic alien first because it is more dangerous in the long term that the bull))

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2575 on: October 23, 2013, 11:53:06 am »

Well...

F### it.

Stand well back, if the bull gets stuck attacking this door, "Echapl" it right in the face. Dex rolls can suck it.

Also test out my Arcane hoverhammer on it's face from the (relative) safety of my side of the door.

Also, don't you want something a little more... killy? Tomcost? Arcane is a good choice, although I am going to seem biased. I swear my affinity for the stuff is solely due to my pot=5 tattoo. SWEAR. Although it is CERTAINLY effective!
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: October 23, 2013, 01:39:10 pm »

((I'm going to try if I can make an arcane machingun at some point, it's mainly because of that. And I could just send a black hole, but you are too near. I may have a +2 to dexterity, but if I roll a 1 (causing me to get a 3) the black hole will be stuck at the entrance and you will be sucked in.

And arcane energy is the greatest killy thing in this game after black holes. Because something hit by it doesn't even roll for endurance.))

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2577 on: October 23, 2013, 01:50:56 pm »

((I'm going to try if I can make an arcane machingun at some point, it's mainly because of that. And I could just send a black hole, but you are too near. I may have a +2 to dexterity, but if I roll a 1 (causing me to get a 3) the black hole will be stuck at the entrance and you will be sucked in.

And arcane energy is the greatest killy thing in this game after black holes. Because something hit by it doesn't even roll for endurance.))
You can, you know, focus, overdrive? Get minimum 4 dexterity? With +2, Focus and Overdrive you have a safe 5.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: October 23, 2013, 02:22:56 pm »

You can, you know, focus, overdrive? Get minimum 4 dexterity? With +2, Focus and Overdrive you have a safe 5.
And then I would waste a turn. I'm aware of the focus and overdrive mechanics, but in this fight I have to act fast before that bull kills people and the aliens summon even more crap. And I have to keep some pool just in case. Also, for a black hole to kill someone they need to pass a strength check, so there is a 50% for each of them to survive, while if I just have to do an opposed d6 check with a +2, I have only a failure margin of 16%. Arcane energy doesn't do any rolls if it connects.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: October 23, 2013, 02:28:32 pm »

It should give an endurance roll... have I been inconsistent?

EDIT:   ...depending on magnitude.  A pot roll of 3 or 4 probably will, 7 almost certainly won't.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 198