Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Weird Graphics  (Read 9435 times)

FTR

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Weird Graphics
« on: July 14, 2013, 09:15:10 am »

Hello,

So I recently started playing Dwarf Fortress, and people recommeneded to use phoebus graphic pack. I installed this pack but it looks different from what I have seen on their gameplays. For example Dirt/Stairs are green etc. Maybe I did something wrong, I don't know. I am new to Dwarf Fortress and this forum so I am not sure where I can ask about my problem. I am using Lazy Newb Pack.

This is how it looks like:

« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 09:22:31 am by FTR »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: Weird Graphics
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 08:06:27 pm »

see the Stairs are simply a tile, that is in gray scale, and color is added. I'd assume that "dirt" is peat, which I believe is green by default. Try a few other embarks with other soil types and you should see the difference.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 08:42:44 pm »

The stairs will be the color of the material they are made from. Not too farfetched, right? Make stairs from gold and they will be yellow. Marble stairs will be white. That green in particular looks to be soil. Use k to see what tiles are made of.

FTR

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 01:47:21 pm »

Alright then, so it's normal. I was worried because it looks completly different from what I have seen on youtube for example. :)

PigtailLlama

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 03:31:33 pm »

Did you remember to update/replace the raws in your save files? Each save keeps its own set of raws for unique items and such.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, 09:37:30 am »

Did you remember to update/replace the raws in your save files? Each save keeps its own set of raws for unique items and such.

This is useless information in this case. Useless in most cases. Stop confusing things. I can only think you have no clue what you're talking about.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 09:39:14 am by BigD145 »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2013, 09:32:35 pm »

no they don't

Each save's set of raws is identical to the default raws unless changes to the default raws or the save's raws have been made by the user in the meantime.