Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: (ISG) The Ultimate Hero's Apprentice: Spar-ty Time  (Read 5161 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
(ISG) The Ultimate Hero's Apprentice: Spar-ty Time
« on: July 15, 2013, 08:57:55 am »

MISSINGDATA: ARGH! What...what is this?

This is a trap. An excellent one, I might add; I've grown rather fond of it. A wee bit more collateral damage than intended, though.

MISSINGDATA: Whatever it is, it won't stop me!

Who are you, anyway? This is the first time anyone's ever managed to get to this trap...

Before you can answer this question, you must know a bit about the world.
Spoiler: Loredump (click to show/hide)

A while ago, I wanted to create an illustrated RPG-type game, inspired in part by TWoOtA. I began planning things...and planning them...I started in February or March, planned off-and-on, had the races and maps complete by May or so...
I realized I was probably putting too much thought into this. And since TWoOtA is dead, a low-thought game wouldn't be competing with freeform's work. (No offense intended.)

So.

You need to design your hero.
Spoiler: What's Needed (click to show/hide)

Once we have a hero, we can continue.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 09:54:04 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Ultimate Hero
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 09:56:19 am »

Damn you heroes and your requirement not to be Oni.

Will put in suggestion later, just got home.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 10:16:47 am »

Knowing you, this game will die of a severe case of mod abandonment before a monkey randomly typing on a keyboard at the speed of 1 keypress per second will be able to spell the word 'monkey'.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 07:44:17 pm »

(Don't listen to Dariush, you can suggest heroes.)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 12:58:24 am »

PTW.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 01:18:25 am »

Since no one put something forward yet

Diana Shura
Female, Fariy, Light Monk

Look like this.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 02:22:06 am »

Kherimhsaz (Kher for short)
Male, Fairy, Scourge Necromancer (No, not that Scourge. The whip-kind of scourge)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Ultimate Hero's Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2013, 10:53:35 pm »

MISSINGDATA: "I am Kherimhsaz, the Light Monk!"

"Oh, good, I was afraid I had wasted a perfectly good trap on some minion. Hard to tell, now. Anyways...I need to kill you now, then I can get my lair back online."

MISSINGDATA: "It won't be that--"

"Oh, yes it will."

MISSINGDATA: "..."

"Yes! It's another wonderful...oh, wait."

"The master's getting back today. He's always such a pain in the rear..."

"I'm expected to be there when he and whatever's left of his group get back from fighting Moredread. What fun, for a day. Then: Back to work!"

"I kinda wish something would happen to liven things up around here. It's always train train train, pray pray pray! It's not like I'm going to need this stuff anytime soon. Would it be so hard to give me a day off?"

Party
Spoiler: Daenashura (click to show/hide)
Quest:
None!

That's right! In a brilliant plot twist that probably surprises no one, you are playing not as Kherimhsaz the Light Monk, but as his apprentice.
Sig

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2013, 01:58:07 am »

Wander around
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2013, 03:36:47 am »

Contemplate life.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2013, 06:28:05 am »

.... i am disappointed - the first action is of course to "Retrieve arms from chest behind bed."
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2013, 08:15:33 am »

.... i am disappointed - the first action is of course to "Retrieve arms from chest behind bed."
"It's the art style, moron. You should have figured that out when you saw Moredread in the OP. Now stop making me break the Fourth Wall, I've only got 4 Strength."
Sig

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2013, 03:27:16 pm »

"As there are no other forthcoming suggestions, I'll just wander on outside."

"In case you're a bit slow, this is where I live, one room from Kherimhsaz. It's a big old stone house, made by some oni mage Overgods-know-when. The house is about five or ten minutes east from Plainview, as the sweet, clever, lovely, humble fairy flies."

"To the west is the road to Greenvale, a slightly smaller town, with some villages on the way. Going past Greenvale is the Great Wood, full of primal tribes, wild fairies, ogre packs, dire wolves, stuff like that. Past Plainview, on the other hand, is the bulk of the Imperial Rebublic, a nice collection of nation-states living in what passes for harmony. The southern end of the Imperial Republic borders the Mountainous Plains, a bunch of low hills made of jagged rock stretching for quite a way. This place is full of more monsters, as well as the fortress of Moredread."

"I suppose that if I want to head into town, I could do that. It's what my master would expect. Or I could head inside and look for something-or-other. Or, who knows? Maybe you'll think of something clever.

"Nope, I couldn't keep a straight face..."

"One quick note: I'd advise against having me quest or anything so dangerous or time-consuming at the moment. Okay?"

Party
Spoiler: Daenashura (click to show/hide)
Quest:
None!
Sig

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2013, 03:37:23 pm »

psst

save as png, not jpg

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2013, 03:39:06 pm »

Mind if I ask why?
Sig
Pages: [1] 2 3 4