Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 55

Author Topic: Airship Combat: Rocket man.  (Read 69927 times)

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
Re: Proof of Concept game: Airship Combat
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2013, 04:58:18 pm »

((Wait, does no one on our team has a point in cannons?  Also, currently the red team has 3 people with engineering and piloting skills. This is embarrasing.
This is going to go horribly wrong for us with this set of skills.

Also, I so much want this to be spiced with two commentators, you and Caellath together.))

Seeing as Shepberd looks very enthusiastic about controlling the ship, Vlad relinquishes control and goes down.

He also checks the ammo for the machine guns.

Edit: Use the loadstone to turn 45 degrees to the left.
(Wait, if Danath loaded the explosive rounds into the left cannons, should I turn right instead?)
Another Edit: If possible, instead of the above action, pull on the loadstones in such a way that our ship shifts one square left but keeps going towards the enemy.

"Anybody wants to talk strategy? Are we just going to ram them?"

Cheat Sheets
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 05:30:59 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2013, 05:01:13 pm »

((Wait, does no one on our team has a point in cannons?  Also, currently the red team has 3 people with engineering and piloting skills. This is embarrasing.))

Seeing as Shepberd looks very enthusiastic about controlling the ship, Vlad relinquishes control and goes down.

He then takes a seat at one of the machine guns and tests his firing skills. He also checks the ammo for the machine guns.

Cheat Sheets

While we have no one with cannon skills, we do have a couple with high dex, which still counts towards it a great deal.  Though strategy wise, I vote going up alongside them, broadsiding them with explosive rounds which I will load into the left cannons, and then boarding them.  I think it's only an automatic fail if both the skill and it's attribute are 0.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 05:06:44 pm by draco1234 »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2013, 05:07:19 pm »

((Wait, does no one on our team has a point in cannons?  Also, currently the red team has 3 people with engineering and piloting skills. This is embarrasing.))

He then takes a seat at one of the machine guns and tests his firing skills. He also checks the ammo for the machine guns.

Cheat Sheets

While we have no one with cannon skills, we do have a couple with high dex, which still counts towards it a great deal.  Though strategy wise, I vote going up alongside them, broadsiding them with explosive rounds which I will load into the left cannons, and then boarding them.
As for me, I set my character up as a master gunner, so I should probably stay on the machine guns and suppress the enemy.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2013, 05:08:21 pm »

I should point out that explosive shells do less damage to metal plating then straight normal shells. They're great once you have a hole to fire into, but on their own their kind of like using a frag grenade on a tank.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2013, 05:09:18 pm »

Hmm... scrap the explosive shells then, I'll just load normal ones in for now.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2013, 05:11:34 pm »

Once we get a hit on the enemy plating, can I penetrate the wood underneath with a deck gun?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 05:26:13 pm by Remuthra »

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2013, 05:18:18 pm »

Do we have dynamite or something we can throw into their ammo dump after we break their plating?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 05:26:18 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2013, 05:23:05 pm »

I suppose we can either fire an explosive shell into it, or fire normal bullets into their explosive shells and try to set them off.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2013, 05:24:55 pm »

The reason I would want to use dynamite, is to allow our guys those precious few seconds to jump out back to our ship. Since it would seem that we would need to board it in order to hit the ammo pile.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2013, 05:29:09 pm »

unless of course we could blow a hole in the side of the ship where the ammo pile is :P 

Anyway, we're all mad here.  I'm sure we'll have volunteers clamouring for a place on a suicide mission that results in a massive explosion.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2013, 05:30:42 pm »

And this we discover another use for the swordsman-cannon.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2013, 05:50:26 pm »

Dang. This all happened while I was asleep?

RED-Sloan

Make sure all guns and weapons work at top efficiency, and try to modify them to be able to shoot faster
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2013, 06:02:32 pm »

Turn around and aid in loading the cannons.
"I don't think it's too smart to shut off the engine right now... but is anyone going to pilot? Can you pilot, Gentlemanne?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2013, 06:14:32 pm »

((I really wish I had put my intended team on the sheet like I thought I had...))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2013, 06:18:07 pm »

Attention, Blue Team. You may still be able to switch someone with Great Wyrm if you act now.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 55