Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: where can i find the older versions of the source code?  (Read 748 times)

Svullo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
where can i find the older versions of the source code?
« on: July 19, 2013, 04:27:26 am »

i want to do some modding to the game but when i use SVN it only downloads the latest version of the source code which has a few bugs and crashes that i am to stupid to know how to fix. how can i download the last stable, bug free version of the source code, which i believe is version 4.06.5?

i tried downloading the source code in the 4.06.5 thread but when i compile it it says on the main menu that it's 4.06.3 but maybe that's just an oversight and it really is the  4.06.5 version. does anyone know?

thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 04:30:11 am by Svullo »

Svullo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: where can i find the older versions of the source code?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 04:40:40 am »

sorry but i was wrong, after further investigation it seems that my svn client always downloads the latest source code. so i have no way of getting any earlier versions, at least that i know of. any help in obtaining the older versions would be appreciated.

Svullo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 04:53:28 am »

never mind, silly me. i figured out how to download snapshots of the various revisions from sourceforge :)

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 07:51:21 am »

You should be able to use your SVN client to download older versions, too. With TortoiseSVN, for example, the "update to revision" option will let you specify an older revision number (and browse the history if you don't know the number off hand) that you want.t