Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Crowdfunding for specific features / faster development?  (Read 10523 times)

Ranold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crowdfunding for specific features / faster development?
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2013, 02:02:29 pm »

Whats not going to happen, faster development with focus on specific features that the community that have been supporting the game for the past few years wants? I understand there are hard headed people, but its not such a difficult concept to grasp that people familiar with relevant interviews, can be disappointed by certain aspects of development, which they wish to discuss. If it helps, you can look at the other side of the industry, EA has great interviews especially those worded by their PR guys, still some find their practices objectionable(even have cute nicknames for hard headed people who don't want to get it).

As for OP crowdfunding suggestion, I do not know if it is the solution, but it is a solutions, which can help Tarn maintain the game which has been growing in scale(for example ironing out old bugs, which many will agree is not the best use of his time) and at the same time allow him to work on whatever feature he is excited about atm. The suggestion can be adapted/improved to allow Tarn to remain within his comfort zone as much as possible regarding working with others and at the same time shorten development time and address community concerns. Tarn's new 30 years development plan is great, I am excited to see where he will end up expanding it, but not so much for a 30 years "alpha". There is value in finishing what you started and taking things in steps.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 02:04:12 pm by Ranold »

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2013, 04:36:35 pm »

It doesn't matter what these guys are working on, as it falls in conflict with ToadyOne not wanting to work with anyone else and not wanting to manage anyone.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2013, 04:06:17 pm »

Toady will always work on his own pace no matter what.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]