Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 39

Author Topic: Dom3 Round 15 - Game in Progress  (Read 50812 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Dom3 Round 15 - Looking for Players and Deciding Era, Map, and Mods
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2013, 07:46:49 pm »

A lot of people recently started joining in on the Dom3 games here. Thats why there are currently 3 or 4 active games running at anytime rather than 1 or 2 that used to be happening. Also Welcome to the game Jarod.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2013, 08:56:04 pm »

I want to be Amurrica Caelum if that's okay.
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2013, 08:59:18 pm »

Since your the first to ask for it sure.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2013, 11:19:01 pm »

I'll sign up for this one. Not sure on nation yet.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2013, 11:43:25 pm »

No problem though nations are first come first server. Don't let that rush you though because its better to go with a thought out second choice then a hastily made first choice.

Edit:Also we are up to 8 people with this of which 2 have not decided nation. Do we want to do an 8 player game, go for 10, or maybe hold out for 12? We have 8, 10 should be easy to get, and 12 or more may be a problem. Also we need a map soon.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 11:46:08 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2013, 11:59:01 pm »

Well, pre-emptively may want to put this out as a warning, as well as a recommendation for amount of players.

Firstly, I would like to play in a 10 player game, though it may rise the wrath of some elder players that will crush us all.

Secondly, I may have to bow out of this should my current dominions issues continue, mainly that Dominions is crashing every time I attempt to create a pretender god after I update the game to the most modern patches. I'll keep working on it for a couple of days, and It I don't find a solution by the 23rd I'll bow out so you can get on with it

... unless I don't need the most recent patch to run CBM and submit viable turns, which I suppose is unlikely but not impossible.

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2013, 12:08:58 am »

Push magic sites to max
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2013, 12:44:45 am »

@bulborbish
   Since the llama server has updated I will assume its needed. Have you tried doing a clean install then applying the update? Also is it giving errors and if so what are they?

@Mrhappyface
   I am against raising it to max as that is overpowered. Early's default site frequency is 45 (while Middle is 40 and Late is 35 if your wondering about those). I am willing to boost the frequency to 50 on your request and if enough other people want 55 I will pump it up to there but thats about as high as I will go. If you have problem with gems then maybe you should try searching more. I have found that even in the Late Era there tends to be a lot of sites laying around. Some tips is that wastes and swamps have the highest frequency of magic sites while a farm has the lowest (it actually lowers the chance of having a site by 20) though to note it takes only the biggest modifier so a waste swamp has the same chance of a swamp farm (I don't know if these are valid combinations they are just examples). Basically if you cant afford to search extensively then check the wastes and swamps first then everything but farms next.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2013, 07:03:56 am »

@Akhier

I've done multiple clean installs at this point to try and fix the issue. Unfortunately, it just crashes, so I also have to determine it on my own. I'm tempted to clean install and install each patch 1 at a time.

FAKEEDIT: As a base, 3.27 works. Reporting progress as I work up.

REALEDIT: ...and it crashes as soon as I move to patch 3.28. Odd. Given that the full screen mode also screws up, I'm going to assume it is related to that issue.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 07:26:38 am by bulborbish »

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2013, 09:41:09 am »

50 is good. I just don't like it when the game's early-mid phase gets dragged on.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2013, 09:50:49 am »

I'll take Helheim, if that's ok?
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Antur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2013, 11:43:29 am »

Nice to hear i won't be the only one new at this.

I'll play as Abysia if nobody objects.

@blueorbish
Assuming you're playing on windows have you tried running it through some compatibility modes or installing to different directories (that's 3.29 thing though) ? Looking at the patch notes 3.28 added some performance upgrades for windows so it could be it.

sum1won

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2013, 12:38:35 pm »

Can I join as Yomi?

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2013, 01:34:31 pm »

@blueorbish
Assuming you're playing on windows have you tried running it through some compatibility modes or installing to different directories (that's 3.29 thing though) ? Looking at the patch notes 3.28 added some performance upgrades for windows so it could be it.

Miracles. Everything cleared up. I suspect it was a combo of my 64 bit machine and Windows 8 that disabled it, but now it works fine. Therefore, I am good to go again.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2013, 04:33:41 pm »

@Burnt Pies, Antur, and sum1won
You all have the nations you wanted.

@bulborbish
Congratulations on getting it working. I am glad you will be able to participate.

@Mrhappyface
50 is fine

@All
We still need a map and the player count is up to 9 so we are still looking for one more player though we can run with 9 if needed.

Edit: About how many provinces per a player do we want?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 04:49:39 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 39