Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [Help Wanted]: Co-author for MLP:FiM/PM:TTYD C/AU story  (Read 811 times)

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
[Help Wanted]: Co-author for MLP:FiM/PM:TTYD C/AU story
« on: July 20, 2013, 05:03:45 pm »

Greetings, everyone. I have a Crossover/Alternate Universe fic in the works, and while I know those can be met with scorn in some corners of the internet community, I really do think that I'm onto something here. It will be a mix between My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, and Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door; those of you who have played other console games in the Paper Mario series should instantly recognize this popular title. It will take place entirely in the MLP:FiM universe, borrowing major story elements from PM:TTYD and inserting MLP characters into the roles of those from the game; and yes, the famous city of Rogueport will be present here, in all its dubious glory. xD

I intend for this story to be quite long and detailed, to the tune of about 40 or so chapters (not counting interludes and other fluff), and I am going to need a full-fledged co-author to help me work on this; I'm a decent writer on my own, but sometimes my creativity hits a brick wall and I have trouble figuring out just the right words to make a story flow and capture attention really well.

Please bear in mind that I am not just looking for an idea guy, spellchecker, proofreader, editor or anything common like that; I'm looking for a partner, whom I can count on to provide me with regular support and inspiration for the story, yet still sternly hold me accountable for procrastinating and keep me on the straight and narrow. I can take harsh criticism, as long as it is constructive, and indeed I encourage it; I want this fanfiction to be as good as it possibly can, and am willing to compromise or change almost anything about my story and its constituent chapters and scenes if you think it could be written better.

Some prior experience with the Paper Mario franchise, especially The Thousand-Year Door is preferred, but not a deal breaker; as long as you are able and willing to assist me regularly with the story, it doesn't matter if you have played the games or no. I can easily bring you up to speed on the plot and all the ideas I've got so far; and incidentally, I've got a LOT of them already, so I'm not just starting this off from scratch or anything.

If you are interested or have any questions, please either post here, send me a PM or contact me on Skype (account name is 'umbranoth'). You can usually catch me anywhere between 10:30 AM to 9:00 PM (I'm on until 12 PM, but the last 3 hours may be a bit distracted), Central US timezone (GMT-06:00). Looking forward to meeting potential co-authors!