Advanced search  

Poll

Who should open the Gaiden Thread?

Gamerlord
Projeck
RangerCado
You, you lazy bastard of a GM!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 508

Author Topic: Twilight Academy - A Magical School RP  (Read 414665 times)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
Twilight Academy - A Magical School RP
« on: July 20, 2013, 11:54:47 pm »

School Thread
TvTropes

Welcome to Twilight Academy.

Within these walls, you will see many things, hear many things. You will learn much, and come to know your fellow students, and, if you're lucky, become one of those few that graduate to full-fledged Dawnguard, the mightiest guardians this world has against the darkness that continually encroaches upon it.

You are, all of you, gifted. You are bestowed with incredible power, and that is why we have called you here.

Attached to this letter is a Contract.

Fill it out, and return it to us, and we will be in touch.

~~Evangeline Greymarke
Headmistress of Twilight Academy~~

Attached to the envelope is a sheet of thick paper.

~~Twilight Academy Student Contract~~
I, [NAME] hereby declare my intent to attend Twilight Academy. I swear upon my life to speak not a word of it to any person, being, or spirit not of the Academy, and to uphold its laws and tenants to the best of my ability. I also attest that all of the following is true and accurate, and that I am not omitting any information from the Academy within this Contract. I understand that the Twilight Academy is concerned with ability, not morality, and that any criminal past is not a bar to entry, but I will be expected to refrain from acts which might reveal Twilight Academy to the public, including being caught breaking any federal laws or using my powers before any person not privy to this information already.

Applicant's Name: (Hurr Durr)
Power: (Be creative)
Specialty: (either Combat, Support, or Technical. Combat is your normal tanky types, Support is healers and support magics, and Technical is magics that work best on a large scale.)
Short Self-Description (For Identification Purposes):
Short History (For Records):

If you're interested in joining, fill out that Contract up there and post it here.

Alright, Derm, That sucks though :<

To be honest I did NOT expect it to get this busy.

anyway, TEAMS.

Alpha Team:
Selina
Surt
Soran
Victoria
Vornar
Kate

Beta Team:
Kyle
Guy
Alex
Kaliche
Dick Willy Johnson
Issac

Delta Team:
Medea
Angel
Catherine
Yoko
Lyle Hauser Tails
Fluffy
What sort of technology is present? Is it modern, futuristic or more archaic?

Complicated.

Near-Future-tech, but it's all powered by magic.

Dorm Assignments
Room G1 - Selina Martin, Fortuna Evens (Neuroses room~)
Room G2 - Victoria Nox, Kate Hart

Room B1 - Jared Magnum, Vornar Hrngad
Room B2 - Soran Grey, Unnamed NPC
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 12:14:12 am by ragnarok97071 »
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Twilight Academy - A Magical Girl RP
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 11:56:29 pm »

Do we have to be female?

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 11:57:21 pm »

Do we have to be female?

... Shit I forgot to edit out the last part of the title.

XD No, no you don't. *fixes*
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Twilight Academy - A Magical School RP
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 11:59:53 pm »

Are there age restrictions, or can I deploy a Bridger?

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 12:03:02 am »

Are there age restrictions, or can I deploy a Bridger?

Your main character can't be >15 due to that being the maximum age for enrollment.

You can play any age as a teacher.

yes that includes five year olds a la Index.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 12:03:22 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 10:21:56 pm by RangerCado »
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2013, 12:03:58 am »

((Well, it depends on when people get in. Also you forgot to edit the NAME part with Selina's name :P

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2013, 12:04:50 am »

-> Semi interested in premise

-> Wary of unknown GM.

One moment.

I, JARED MAGNUM hereby declare my intent to attend Twilight Academy. I swear upon my life to speak not a word of it to any person, being, or spirit not of the Academy, and to uphold its laws and tenants to the best of my ability. I also attest that all of the following is true and accurate, and that I am not omitting any information from the Academy within this Contract. I understand that the Twilight Academy is concerned with ability, not morality, and that any criminal past is not a bar to entry, but I will be expected to refrain from acts which might reveal Twilight Academy to the public, including being caught breaking any federal laws or using my powers before any person not privy to this information already.

Applicant's Name: Jared Magnum
Power: Rapid regeneration and freeform body alteration.
Specialty: Combat/support
Short Self-Description (For Identification Purposes): JARED MAGNUM DEMANDS THAT HE BE PLACED WITHIN PROXIMITY OF FOES. Jared magnum's face is covered by the mythic and red MAGNUM SCARF and DRAMATICALLY THROWN WIDE HAT. He stands at WHATEVER IS CONVIENIENT FEET TALL. His eyes are WHATEVER SHADE HE FEELS LIKE. One time he turned then TRANSPARENT for KICKS but then turned them BACK because HE WAS MOMENTARILY BLIND. He is DOESN'T HAVE TIME FOR THAT years old, but it's probably around FOURTEEN. He enjoys FIGHTING, BRAWLING, WRESTLING, sweets and FREEFORM APPLIED BIOLOGY.
Short History (For Records): Was banished (Read: Ran) from his homeland (Mexico/Fantasy Mexico) when he failed to live up to his fathers LUCHA LIBRE LEGEND (True) and later joined when his father and homeland were overran by said darkness (True), vowing to avenge him (Flase), Uphold the truth (False), honor (Flase), dignity (Double False) and restoration (Quadrupal True) of the Magnum bloodline. And possibly get in one or two fights along the way. (Overflow error)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 02:39:30 am by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2013, 12:06:53 am »

-> Wary of unknown GM.

One moment.

I'm running at least one other game.

Can't hurt to try, worst case you quit take a swandive off the highest part of the roof.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2013, 12:08:03 am »

Good no sexism here.
I, Kyle 'Twitch' Edan Johnson hereby declare my intent to attend Twilight Academy. I swear upon my life to speak not a word of it to any person, being, or spirit not of the Academy, and to uphold its laws and tenants to the best of my ability. I also attest that all of the following is true and accurate, and that I am not omitting any information from the Academy within this Contract. I understand that the Twilight Academy is concerned with ability, not morality, and that any criminal past is not a bar to entry, but I will be expected to refrain from acts which might reveal Twilight Academy to the public, including being caught breaking any federal laws or using my powers before any person not privy to this information already.
Applicant's Name: Kyle Johnson. Also known as Twitch.
Power: (Since I'm not allowed to alter relative time then I'll take something else.) I don't know he uses a deck of tarot cards to cause his spells. They are normally random and the ones that are really powerful (Use persona to go off this I guess.) normally do not show up unless he has expended a great amount of energy recently.
Specialty: Tech. Definitely.
Short Self-Description (For Identification Purposes):  Tall. He wears hoodies and looks like he is part of a cult. His stringy hair and pale skin don't help. He has red eyes and his hair is dyed in a bright red color.
Short History (For Records):  Was bullied in his previous school, his parents allowed him to go here since he also has access to magic. (Father can control air and his mother is a fae.) He also has sold contraband among other things. He prefers to be by himself playing his (rather large) video game collection.

Doctors note:  Has severe psychological problems making him avoid people especially males around his age. He makes it a point to never sleep where they could easily see him and either ignores or reacts violently to people that fit that description.

Name:  Kyle Johnson

Burst Abilities (Total)
STR:  12
DEX:  15
MAG:  18

Sustained Abilities (Total)
END:  12
AGI:  15
SPI:  20

Pools
FP: 100 (ENDx10)
MP:  150 (SPIx10)
+3 to knowledge on magic animals
+7 to Tarot magic

Spells

<<Leave blank, I’ll PM you your starting spell as I make them.>>
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 07:24:14 pm by kj1225 »

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2013, 12:09:19 am »

Power: Affecting relative time. Say speeding up a punch to make it hit harder or slowing an enemy down.
This won't work.

Physics doesn't work this way.

Changing the effective time of something doesn't make it move faster or have more kinetic energy, so it'd hit just as hard, just FASTER.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2013, 12:09:53 am »

((Well, it depends on when people get in. Also you forgot to edit the NAME part with Selina's name :P
((fixed))

-> Wary of unknown GM.

One moment.
I'll vouch for him, this game probably won't die to GM.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2013, 12:10:49 am »

((fixed))

Full name, please. First Middle Last if applicable.

or First Second Third Fourth ... Nth Last, as needed.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2013, 12:11:52 am »

I'll bite.

Spoiler: Good? (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 01:38:22 pm by Chink »

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2013, 12:12:51 am »

I'll bite.

Spoiler: Good? (click to show/hide)

Indeed.

Selina, other than my naziness, you're good too.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 508