Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Lost half my fort capturing a dragon (also spontaneous combustion)  (Read 3388 times)

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lost half my fort capturing a dragon
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2013, 10:10:31 am »

Maybe you should only let them use wooden crossbows, with wooden bolts (or no bolts), and have everyone wearing decent enough armor to be mostly safe. At least until they pass out from exhaustion, or starve, or die of thirst, or start throwing tables and chairs... Ok so that probably wouldn't change anything besides leveling your smiths even more before they are killed, so I take it back.

Deepblade

• Bay Watcher
  • Tholtarmid
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2013, 03:23:28 pm »

I always eventually end up armoring my important guys with decent armor. While the plebeians have to make due with just clothes, or maybe a suit of leather armor if I'm feeling generous. It just makes me so sad I can't armor my miners  :'(
Deepblade's Standardized Creature Parts, for when you're pissed about all the different types of animal products there are.

Spacespinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2013, 12:20:58 am »

Honestly I think it would of gone a lot better if they were just pushing and punching each other instead of shooting each other in the ribs during tantrums.
Most people's relationship with Dwarf Fortress is akin to Stockholm Syndrome.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2013, 03:04:14 am »

Or you know, if dwarfs consoled in their friends rather than the poor mayor.
Would fix a lot personally.
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Spacespinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2013, 03:24:19 am »

Or you know, if dwarfs consoled in their friends rather than the poor mayor.
Would fix a lot personally.
The mayor was pretty damn miserable about the abuse, that's for sure.

Game crashed after hours of progress and now I'm back to spring of the previous year (thank god for yearly auto saves) with a dwarf bursting into flames and dying within 1 frame with no indication that he was ever near lava or fire in the first place (non-miner, and he's cooking right now.) the only dwarf on fire is a hundred z levels below mining (and dies about the same time). I don't remember this happening last time so I'm not sure why it's suddenly happening when I resume from the auto save. Since it proceeds to light every stockpile on fire and kills half a dozen good dwarves, I want to find out why. Any ideas?

This is the dwarf in question. He's not a !!dwarf!! and he has no effects from fire until I unpause on the very first second of spring at which point he instantly dies of fire and shit goes bad.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Most people's relationship with Dwarf Fortress is akin to Stockholm Syndrome.

Dorflord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2013, 10:25:34 am »

Those dwarves were DOOMED to murder each other horribly, because they became friends!
Unlike in My Little Pony Land, where Friendship is Magic!(tm), This is Dwarf Fortress, where Friendship is TRAGIC!(tm)
I think I just found my sig :)
Those dwarves were DOOMED to murder each other horribly, because they became friends!
Unlike in My Little Pony Land, where Friendship is Magic!(tm), This is Dwarf Fortress, where Friendship is TRAGIC!(tm)
Pages: 1 [2]