Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [REVENANT] 0.03 release  (Read 2779 times)

fire1666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [REVENANT] Pre-Alpha test for Tier 1!!! RELEASED
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2013, 11:46:28 am »

I am heavily working on my own next update, once its released I will have a go at the Revenant raws, and see what I can find that strikes out. :)
ok got yah

Mention to smarkand thanks for this list, keeps adding to it ill see what i can do about it. I could change the stone from slade to somthign else.

fire1666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2013, 11:51:04 am »

I'll just update this post as I find errors.

Not Gamebreaking:
     -Cannot embark with any weapons or digging tools. Or anvils. Not sure if this is intended

Crashes:
     -Attempt to summon holy stone from dark glass summoner crashes

Suggestions:
     -All masterwork buildings are disabled, some might be applicable
also intended no weps at embark to an extent, will fix at some point.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2013, 11:45:56 am »

Got the update done, I'll download your Revenants now. :)

EDIT: Issues I found while reading the raws:

Building files:
[BUILD_ITEM:4:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][BUILDMAT] => should be either BOULDER or BLOCKS, because the current NONE will accept any item.
Lesser Dark Glass Shapper => Typo, its Shaper, not Shapper.
"Lesser" workshops => Name only makes sense if a "higher" version is planned. If not, lose the "Lesser" to shorten the building name.

Creature files:
"A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition. The folk of men is a great one. This one however has discovered the darker arts of this world and has begun to worship an ancient god named Revesara. Tremble before their darkened mindset and their abbundance of numbers, they will happly throw their very bodys and souls into death embrace itself to please their mistress." should be "A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition. The folk of men is a great one. This one discovered the darker arts of this world and has begun to worship an ancient god named Revesara. Tremble before their darkened mind set and their abundance of numbers. They will happly throw their very body and soul into death's embrace to please their mistress.

[SKILL_RATES:115:60:12:120]  => Why the 15% learn boost?

!NOITEMCORPSE!ITEMCORPSE:LIQUID_MISC:NO_SUBTYPE:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD] => you should probably remove this, otherwise you get problems with ghosts, because no corpses mean no burials.

YESBATTLECRY[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:BATTLECRY_HUMAN] => All battlecries are still human. You will need to delete them, or make your own versions of the speech files in data/speech, specific to your race. Otherwise the cultists will still yell: For the Emperor!

Entity files:
[TRANSLATION:HUMAN] => You can easily do your own language file using talvienos program. Search for his nick, and language generator in the forum.

[AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_REV_JAVELIN_AMMO:] => broken, there is no arguments behind the :. I guess FORCED is missing.

Nice sorting in the entity file, I like how you split buildings and reactions into groups. I myself got so lazy about it, its nice to see clear raws for a change. ;)

[TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_SOUL_ESSENCE]
   [TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_SOUL_SHARD_LESSER_F]
   [TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_SOUL_SHARD_LESSER_E]
   [TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_SOUL_SHARD_F]
   [TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_SOUL_SHARD_E]
   [TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_LESSER_DARK_GLASS]
   [TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_DARK_GLASS]
   [TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_TIER_ONE_TO_TIER_TWO] => All these tools can be made from rock in the craftsman, or metal in the forge. You shouldnt add them to the entity file, but only get them from custom reactions. Otherwise a soulshard or soulessence costs only 1 boulder.

I like the noble names, shows a clear distinction between the cultists and the revenants.

item_ammo_rev
I think the object names are too long. A "superior quality dark glass Abyssal Shadowy arrow" is really a bit longer then a "superior quality steel arrow".
The object names should be all low-caps. No capital letters, it will look very odd in combat reports, which are low-caps.

item_armor_rev and all other items
Same thing with the letters.

item_shield_rev
[BLOCKCHANCE:50] => that is way too high. Best masterworkDF shield, the towershield, which is really quite expensive and late-game, has [BLOCKCHANCE:40]. Only artefact shields get as high as 50 in the mod atm. Although I am curious now what will happen if you have a shield with blockchance 100. ^^

plant_rev
What exactly are these soul plants? Where do they grow? Because all other normal plants will still be around, so the soul-plants are planned for exactly what?

[LEAVES:pig tail leaf:pig tail leaves:6:7:0:0:0:0:1:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:LEAF] => second plant still has "pig tail leaves".

reaction_rev
Shape Lesser Dark Glass Javalin Thrower => Shape lesser dark-glass javelin thrower.

[REACTION:UPGRADE_TIER_1_NOTICE]
   [NAME:The Above Reaction Allows you to Enter Tier 2 (WIP)] => This I would do in all caps, like THE ABOVE REACTIONS and so on. Just to make it stand out better.

So far you have no hotkeys for any reactions, but thats not a big deal.

[REACTION:SOUL_ES_TO_BONE]
   [NAME:Convert Soul Essence Into Bone]
   [BUILDING:REV_SOUL_PROCESSOR:NONE]
   [REAGENT:6:TOOL:SOUL_ESSENCE:INORGANIC:NONE]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][ANY_BONE_MATERIAL][USE_BODY_COMPONENT] => I think this might crash the game. It is currently impossible to create bone/skull/corpses in a reaction.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 12:14:31 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2013, 12:20:14 pm »

[PRODUCT:100:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][ANY_BONE_MATERIAL][USE_BODY_COMPONENT] => I think this might crash the game. It is currently impossible to create bone/skull/corpses in a reaction.

It does.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

fire1666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2013, 01:35:36 pm »

Got the update done, I'll download your Revenants now. :)

EDIT: Issues I found while reading the raws:

Building files:
[BUILD_ITEM:4:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][BUILDMAT] => should be either BOULDER or BLOCKS, because the current NONE will accept any item.
Lesser Dark Glass Shapper => Typo, its Shaper, not Shapper.
"Lesser" workshops => Name only makes sense if a "higher" version is planned. If not, lose the "Lesser" to shorten the building name.

Creature files:
"A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition. The folk of men is a great one. This one however has discovered the darker arts of this world and has begun to worship an ancient god named Revesara. Tremble before their darkened mindset and their abbundance of numbers, they will happly throw their very bodys and souls into death embrace itself to please their mistress." should be "A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition. The folk of men is a great one. This one discovered the darker arts of this world and has begun to worship an ancient god named Revesara. Tremble before their darkened mind set and their abundance of numbers. They will happly throw their very body and soul into death's embrace to please their mistress.

[SKILL_RATES:115:60:12:120]  => Why the 15% learn boost?

!NOITEMCORPSE!ITEMCORPSE:LIQUID_MISC:NO_SUBTYPE:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD] => you should probably remove this, otherwise you get problems with ghosts, because no corpses mean no burials.

YESBATTLECRY[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:BATTLECRY_HUMAN] => All battlecries are still human. You will need to delete them, or make your own versions of the speech files in data/speech, specific to your race. Otherwise the cultists will still yell: For the Emperor!

Entity files:
[TRANSLATION:HUMAN] => You can easily do your own language file using talvienos program. Search for his nick, and language generator in the forum.

[AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_REV_JAVELIN_AMMO:] => broken, there is no arguments behind the :. I guess FORCED is missing.

Nice sorting in the entity file, I like how you split buildings and reactions into groups. I myself got so lazy about it, its nice to see clear raws for a change. ;)

[TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_SOUL_ESSENCE]
   [TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_SOUL_SHARD_LESSER_F]
   [TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_SOUL_SHARD_LESSER_E]
   [TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_SOUL_SHARD_F]
   [TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_SOUL_SHARD_E]
   [TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_LESSER_DARK_GLASS]
   [TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_DARK_GLASS]
   [TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_TIER_ONE_TO_TIER_TWO] => All these tools can be made from rock in the craftsman, or metal in the forge. You shouldnt add them to the entity file, but only get them from custom reactions. Otherwise a soulshard or soulessence costs only 1 boulder.

I like the noble names, shows a clear distinction between the cultists and the revenants.

item_ammo_rev
I think the object names are too long. A "superior quality dark glass Abyssal Shadowy arrow" is really a bit longer then a "superior quality steel arrow".
The object names should be all low-caps. No capital letters, it will look very odd in combat reports, which are low-caps.

item_armor_rev and all other items
Same thing with the letters.

item_shield_rev
[BLOCKCHANCE:50] => that is way too high. Best masterworkDF shield, the towershield, which is really quite expensive and late-game, has [BLOCKCHANCE:40]. Only artefact shields get as high as 50 in the mod atm. Although I am curious now what will happen if you have a shield with blockchance 100. ^^

plant_rev
What exactly are these soul plants? Where do they grow? Because all other normal plants will still be around, so the soul-plants are planned for exactly what?

[LEAVES:pig tail leaf:pig tail leaves:6:7:0:0:0:0:1:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:LEAF] => second plant still has "pig tail leaves".

reaction_rev
Shape Lesser Dark Glass Javalin Thrower => Shape lesser dark-glass javelin thrower.

[REACTION:UPGRADE_TIER_1_NOTICE]
   [NAME:The Above Reaction Allows you to Enter Tier 2 (WIP)] => This I would do in all caps, like THE ABOVE REACTIONS and so on. Just to make it stand out better.

So far you have no hotkeys for any reactions, but thats not a big deal.

okie listing my next to-do list

will start fixing on the weekend, currently working on other projects but WILL be fixed by end of weekend or monday.
the lesser system is planned, there will be a normal and greater Darkglass shaper.
learning boost is there to speed things up for people on early release
they left corpses while i played them?
will make battlecrys but that is not for some time...
forced will be added
i remove the tools from entity file
will fix typos and caps ectra.
block chances will be reduced aswell
names will be revised
Fix pigtail leaves

Clarification
soul plants are subsurface and need to be summoned or embarked with or traded to aquire.

also two things

firstly the lesser of the two things

ANYONE know how to fix the material bug e.g. blue brick axes.

and two the most important

THANK YOU for helping me guys, my first REAL modding attempt and i apreciate the help you have ALL given me.

fire1666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2013, 02:04:56 pm »

Also side note i was thinking about strage modds for the dorfs and it hit me, Nikola Tesla must have "withdrawn from society" when he came up with his ideas...
NASA is plannign on using some of them you know!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2013, 07:13:43 pm »

Sorry i haven't had time to test the mod, been at uni most days. But weekend is coming up so I'll be agle to do so then.

fire1666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2013, 05:23:20 am »

Sorry i haven't had time to test the mod, been at uni most days. But weekend is coming up so I'll be agle to do so then.

absolutly no problem gamer no problem in the slightist.
on monday next week ill be going to the british navy museam for about a day so i wont be here then, sat and sunday will be fixing time.

fire1666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2013, 02:55:01 am »

update guys the issues have been almost resolved, within the next hour *9:00 GMT - 10:00 GMT* i will release a much less buggy version of the mod, i appologuise for the issues that it has had but i also thank you guys for highlighting them.

Changelog
fixed all the above issues highlighted by Meph
removed the soul essence to bone reaction, it is not possible atm
cost to summon lesser dark glass has been decreased, bone has been removed from the reaction cost, normal dark glass will have a bone cost but i want to have a farmable animal simular to jack rats before I procede with that idea, just make jack rats a littke larger I pressume and make them a tad bit nastier
Holy stone turned from slade to granite, somewhere urists will cry for war...

next thing iim going to do is expand tier 1 a bit more, possibly import some dwarf buildings e.g. a sawmill or somthign on the lines of it just cheaper.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 03:04:48 am by fire1666 »

fire1666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [REVENANT] 0.03 release
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2013, 12:35:42 pm »

updated guys, tell me what you think now.
should be slightly better

fire1666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [REVENANT] 0.03 release ANOUNCEMENT
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2013, 02:22:08 pm »

HEADS UP GUYS
sadly i have not been online for a while due to my terrible internet and ive been constantly on the phone to my internet provider trying to get it fixed. they managed to make a 6 hour job span an entire month which is rediclous.
ill be back to modding shortly and i would like to see if anyone has given the latest release a good shot!
thanks guys and sorry for the delay hopefuly the next release will be worth the wait!!!
Frasier
Pages: 1 [2]