Working on an update although it appears it can handle new worlds, with a few warnings for new events that were unknown of course. Until then here's some details I'm gathering:
df 40.01 XML changes discovered (will edit)
- Structures can be created by a single historical figure now - created structure event now has builder_hfid sometimes
- Structures can be created by a single historical figure now - created site event now has builder_hfid sometimes
- These sites are at least sometimes of a new type, vault and are populated by "Dead Fighters" and "Protected Assistants" and a "Monster of Ast" (not the builder)
- Looks like demons can make artifacts (and do this before time)? I don't think I've seen that before
- New agreement formed event, with agreement_id. Agreement ID seems to just be a count, and isn't referenced anywhere else in the XML
- New site dispute event, with details, for example: <dispute>grazing rights</dispute><entity_id_1>18</entity_id_1><entity_id_2>24</entity_id_2><site_id_1>6</site_id_1><site_id_2>11</site_id_2>, here are the disputes I've seen so far:
- grazing rights
- water rights
- livestock ownership
- fishing rights
- New hf attacked site event, with details (attacker, defenderciv, defendersiteciv, site) - these appear to all be part of a Beast Attack event collection as expected
- New hf destroyed site event, with details (attacker, defenderciv, defendersiteciv, site) - these appear to all be part of a Beast Attack event collection as expected
- New replaced structure event, with details (civ, siteciv, site, "old ab id" and "new ab id") - looks like old ab id is always 0 and new ab id is always 2 and is always followed with a created structure event with structure id of 3.
- New site tribute forced event, with details (attacker civ, defender civ, site civ, site)
- Thefts and Abductions can now include sub-event collections, they didn't previously
- Historical Figures can now be associated with Sites with a "hangout" site link (in addition to the previous lair/home structure/seat of power/home site building/home site underground)
- Entity (Former) Position Links for historical figures don't always include start_year now.
It looks like there are two sets of events that occur right at the beginning of each world, which are related to the new Created Site, and Created Structure events.
Here are some details (for me) and for anyone who cares:
- Created Structure - (time), DEMON thrust a spire of slade up from the underworld naming it STRUCTURE, and established a gateway between worlds in SITE.
- Add hf Entity Link - (time), DEMON became the master of CIV
-CIV is owner of SITE
- Change HF State - (time), DEMON settled in SITE.
- Add HF Site Link - (time), DEMON ruled from STRUCTURE of CIV in SITE.
- Created Site - (time), DEMON created NEWSITE.
- Artifact Created - (time), ARTIFACT was created by DEMON.
- Agreement Formed - (time), GOD aided the DEMONRACE DEMON in becoming a permanent part of the living world that great fortresses might be raised and tested in siege. The ritual took place in NEWSITE using ARTIFACT.
- Artifact Stored - (time), ARTIFACT was stored in NEWSITE by DEMON
It looks like if the first set exists, the other does as well for the same Demon, but there may be multiple ones of these, and all of the multiples of the first set come before the second set.
Now just need to get my hands on some saves which have a decent amount of play time on a fortress to verify nothings changed there, and I should be able to update this today.