Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: World Viewer for DF 44! [Updated 12-16-17]  (Read 123446 times)

Das123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World Viewer for DF 40! - Now with DFHack Integration! [Updated 10-9]
« Reply #120 on: December 02, 2015, 02:02:00 am »

I was looking at World Viewer to handle the legends in a YouTube series I'm starting soon but I keep running into issues with it. I'm using PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack 40.24_r20.

If I process the files using DFHack 'exportlegends' and go to the game root I can load in the files OK.

If I then run 'Process Legends Exports' from the Starter Pack and then open the zip file up nothing happens but an archive folder is generated with the files in the ZIP expanded. If I try to use the expanded files I get an error message saying 'Couldn't find basic map image.' I think the fact this is now a PNG rather than a BMP is the issue.

If I change the save folder name then it simply won't work no matter what I do. It seems to need the 'region[number]' format. I get errors such as 'Files cannot be found...' and then instructions to look at the txt file.

If I go back to the original folder settings, process the images, and then copy all the BMP files etc into another area it will open them up. If I replace the large BMPs with PNG files then it can no longer find the basic map image again.

I don't think the program knows how to play with the changes made by the starter pack yet it says it accepts both ZIP and PNG files. But when testing it only seems to work if it uses BMP files.

Thanks

Das

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 03, 2015, 11:56:28 pm »

Lots of new events and event collections.  Interesting stuff.  Should be even more interesting when I can mess around with DFHack.  I have tomorrow off so I'll get an update that works with the regular xml export, and then look at the status of dfhack.

Can I use World Viewer to check the historical population of a site? I've got a site with 19 Dwarves (the last of their civ) and I want to see if they're in decline or if this is an improvement over a hundred years ago.

Closest I can trace the history so far is through the 5 historical figures who settled here 150 years ago, but they all died over the following 5 years leaving a pretty big dark age.

I'll think about it, but I don't think there is an easy way of doing that.

I was looking at World Viewer to handle the legends in a YouTube series I'm starting soon but I keep running into issues with it. I'm using PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack 40.24_r20.

If I process the files using DFHack 'exportlegends' and go to the game root I can load in the files OK.

If I then run 'Process Legends Exports' from the Starter Pack and then open the zip file up nothing happens but an archive folder is generated with the files in the ZIP expanded. If I try to use the expanded files I get an error message saying 'Couldn't find basic map image.' I think the fact this is now a PNG rather than a BMP is the issue.

If I change the save folder name then it simply won't work no matter what I do. It seems to need the 'region[number]' format. I get errors such as 'Files cannot be found...' and then instructions to look at the txt file.

If I go back to the original folder settings, process the images, and then copy all the BMP files etc into another area it will open them up. If I replace the large BMPs with PNG files then it can no longer find the basic map image again.

I don't think the program knows how to play with the changes made by the starter pack yet it says it accepts both ZIP and PNG files. But when testing it only seems to work if it uses BMP files.

Thanks

Das

So a few things.  As far as I know PeridexisErrant's pack doesn't have DFHack, if it doesn't have it I wouldn't try to force it. 

The process exports isn't used by WorldViewer.

I just started working on handling the 40_24 changes, I should have a good update tomorrow.  Is there a working DFHack with the newer version?

Two questions:
 - Is the included lua script fully replaced by this one?  If so, can it be taken out, and any further work go on DFHack directly? (I'm happy to facilitate this)
 - Can we get separate files for 32 and 64 bit, so PyLNP doesn't get the filenames mixed up?

I'll have to check the lua script with DFHack, but I haven't changed it since my last update.  So if the one in the github isn't the one in the download than there must be a change to the github one which I haven't tested yet.

separate files for what?  the executable?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 04, 2015, 01:16:23 am »

Lots of new events and event collections.  Interesting stuff.  Should be even more interesting when I can mess around with DFHack.  I have tomorrow off so I'll get an update that works with the regular xml export, and then look at the status of dfhack.

So a few things.  As far as I know PeridexisErrant's pack doesn't have DFHack, if it doesn't have it I wouldn't try to force it.  The process exports isn't used by WorldViewer.

I just started working on handling the 40_24 changes, I should have a good update tomorrow.  Is there a working DFHack with the newer version?
I'm looking forward to the update!

My pack usually has DFHack, but as it's not available for 0.42.xx (and probably won't be for a few weeks) the 'unstable' version doesn't have it yet.

It would be nice if World Viewer handled images in .png format and archives with any name.
@Das123; we do our best but not everything is compatible.  Try Legends Viewer; it's more liberal in what it accepts.

Two questions:
 - Is the included lua script fully replaced by this one?  If so, can it be taken out, and any further work go on DFHack directly? (I'm happy to facilitate this)
 - Can we get separate files for 32 and 64 bit, so PyLNP doesn't get the filenames mixed up?

I'll have to check the lua script with DFHack, but I haven't changed it since my last update.  So if the one in the github isn't the one in the download than there must be a change to the github one which I haven't tested yet.

separate files for what?  the executable?
[/quote]
The lua scripts are very similar; the one I linked is the latest version of exportlegends.  It includes your extra XML with every export.  Stripping all the trailing and leading space and empty lines makes it pretty easy to tell.  If at all possible, it would be great to just use the version that comes with DFHack - easy to install and so on.

Currently there's one download, with subfolders for 32bit and 64bit.  It might be helpful to host these as standalone options, so users can only download the one they want.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 04, 2015, 10:02:17 am »

I'm looking forward to the update!

My pack usually has DFHack, but as it's not available for 0.42.xx (and probably won't be for a few weeks) the 'unstable' version doesn't have it yet.

It would be nice if World Viewer handled images in .png format and archives with any name.
@Das123; we do our best but not everything is compatible.  Try Legends Viewer; it's more liberal in what it accepts.

The lua scripts are very similar; the one I linked is the latest version of exportlegends.  It includes your extra XML with every export.  Stripping all the trailing and leading space and empty lines makes it pretty easy to tell.  If at all possible, it would be great to just use the version that comes with DFHack - easy to install and so on.

Currently there's one download, with subfolders for 32bit and 64bit.  It might be helpful to host these as standalone options, so users can only download the one they want.

Yeah, that's fine and what I thought.  World Viewer works without DFHack (you just don't get all the extra details), when it comes out I'll test against it.

It looks like the code allows for PNGs, but maybe it's broken somehow.  Probably if the filename is off from what it expects.   I'll test it.  I'll allow archives of any name, that shouldn't be an issue.  Edit: Looks like both of these work.  Just re-saved my world-map as a .PNG and added it and the other files to a Test.7z and it worked fine.

Whenever I release it I'll include a .lua I know works, just in case the exportlegends is changed in the mean time.  But in general I expect the one with DFHack to work.  I'll modify my readme to refer to that.

I'll separate them out to two separate dffd posts.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 12:07:39 pm by Mason11987 »

Das123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 04, 2015, 12:13:59 pm »

Yes, relied on Legend Viewer for the start of this current LP but was running World Viewer in the background to cross reference info. :)
Recording this series with 40.24 version. First video in the series is here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XL0fESpGBY&feature=youtu.be) but World Viewer isn't shown in the intro.

Agree that PNG support would be good - and also not as stringent naming of the folders.

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World Viewer for DF 42! - Now with DFHack Integration! [Updated 12-10]
« Reply #125 on: December 10, 2015, 08:50:55 pm »

Upgraded to support df 42.xx!

Download on DFFD - 64 bit version here (use the first link if you aren't sure which you need)  Source is on BitBucket.

Changes
  • Not including the DFHack integration, since it's not supported yet.  Will do another update after DFHack is out.
  • Supports all the dozen or so new events, and the handful of new event collections.
  • Png images work now, as do archives of any name
  • Split into two downloads, 32 and 64 bit.
  • A bunch of bug fixes

Not anything world shattering here, but once dfhack is updated I'll update to support it and then put out my work on open-legends, assuming that still works.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: World Viewer for DF 42! - Now with DFHack Integration! [Updated 12-10]
« Reply #126 on: December 10, 2015, 11:17:04 pm »

Very, very nice work.
 Donations here.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World Viewer for DF 42! [Updated 12-10]
« Reply #127 on: December 11, 2015, 06:58:54 pm »

Having trouble seeing the whole window on my laptop monitor (1366x768) and as there's no scroll bars I'm losing the right side and the bottom.
Don't think the previous release was like this.

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 11, 2015, 07:24:01 pm »

Having trouble seeing the whole window on my laptop monitor (1366x768) and as there's no scroll bars I'm losing the right side and the bottom.
Don't think the previous release was like this.

Ah sorry, I expanded the default size, probably shouldn't have done that.

You can use Windows and the Up arrow to maximize the window, that should work.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 11, 2015, 11:46:33 pm »

Ah, thanks for the reply but that didn't work. I'm still missing the right side and bottom of the screen (even after removing windows toolbar).

thedonkified

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 13, 2015, 06:18:29 pm »

I have a question. What does it mean when the population of a race is unnumbered?

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 13, 2015, 10:57:14 pm »

I have a question. What does it mean when the population of a race is unnumbered?

It means that the game reports them as being "unnumbered".  Essentially this means you could never kill all of them, and they aren't individually tracked or counted.  This applies to things like ants and bugs, and   demons and so on.

thedonkified

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 14, 2015, 08:22:46 am »

Oh okay. Thanks!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 16, 2015, 11:57:51 am »

Does this version work for 0.34.11 saves by any chance? I have something I want to check out.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 16, 2015, 05:54:07 pm »

You'll need to export the XML and some maps from legends mode, but it should be compatible with them.
 Donations here.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11