Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: World Viewer for DF 44! [Updated 12-16-17]  (Read 124061 times)

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World Viewer for DF 40.0X!
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2014, 05:39:55 am »

I'm not sure what this is saying "Just need to add in small thing for population by top 5 sentients could do a more detailed population count under Enity population for everything other then intelligent."
Just somthing to show the Total poplation and the races that make up it up.

For entity populations, like on this screen?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Quick question:  what would be in the zip file to include everything World Viewer can use? 

For Legends Viewer it's the XML, sites/pops txt, history txt, and a map; but I can add more with the porcessing script since additional files are just ignored without error.

Same thing, additional stuff is just ignored.

Big news though!  I've begun work on a DFHack script that will do the normal export all, but will also export an additional file which should fill in all the gaps that the current xml file has.

I'm working with Parker147 (of Legends Viewer) who's sharing his own notes on where he's found the xml to be lacking.   It will be a bonus file that you can get if you have dfhack and world viewer will just read it and parse it if it finds it, but continue just fine if it doesn't.

Short term goals are to be able to fill every Unknown in every event, including names of structures, items (which do the killings most of the time) and more.
Long term goals are to dump anything else I find interesting into the same format in the extra file.  This depends on what's loaded into memory while in legends mode, which is a ton of stuff.

Right now I'm working with the previous version of DF since DFHack hasn't been updated, but by the time I get a script finished exporting the missing details I bet DFHack will be updated.

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2014, 07:59:22 pm »

Here's a bit of a teaser for the new stuff I've been able to pull out of legends mode using DFHack:

Unfortunately underground regions overlap eachother so it just looks like a mess, but I'll find a way to include that as well.

For now this is only for the previous version of DF (as DFHack hasn't been updated) but the script should work fine whenever it is, and then I'll release an update to support the additional exported details.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 09:52:46 pm by Mason11987 »

Raul

• Bay Watcher
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2014, 08:07:46 pm »

Here's a bit of a teaser for the new stuff I've been able to pull out of legends mode using DFHack:

That's... wow. I can't even find words to explain how sweet that is.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2014, 12:00:40 am »

yeeeeessssssss

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2014, 07:56:39 am »

Ah, and the underground regions can be mapped correctly as well.  I hadn't considered that there were multiple layers.  Turns out that there is a full map for every level of cavern (3 by default), one for magma, and one for underworld.  I haven't played enough adventure mode to know if those maps would be useful, but they'll be in there as well because I love how the map drawing turned out.  I figure if you want to map the underworld you'll just pick a depth.

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2014, 08:17:49 am »

Glad it's working well for you guys now. 

Made a few tweaks as suggested/requested:

Hey, this works under Mono on Linux except for one teensy bug:

In MainForm.cs, on lines 102-105 and 132, you concatenate paths as if they were strings using '\\' (unescaping to '\') as the path separator. On Linux, the path separator is a _forward_ slash '/', and thus it looks for the _file_ parentdir\filename in those cases (and fails, unless you humor it and name a second copy of the files accordingly).

If you use Path.Combine( workingFolder, tempName + <per-file-suffix> ), it'll Just Work regardless of OS.

Awesome.  Got it, and fixed.

Ah, uhm, when trying the 64bit version on Linux I get this error:

err:process:start_process L"Z:\\mnt\\6A0F06C454D4F476\\games\\df\\64bit\\DFWV.exe" doesn't have an entry point, it cannot be executed

May that perhaps be related?
(The 32bit version gives me this instead:
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2014, 09:21:03 am »

Unfortunately, I have essentially zero experience with Linux, I was surprised it worked at all.  None of those errors are anything I'm familiar with.  It seems like it's not handling the config file correctly on the 32bit.

eternaleye may have some tips.  Not sure if he had to compile it himself on Linux but if so I'd gladly host his version in the OP as well.  I sent him a PM to see if he'll comment.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 09:23:53 am by Mason11987 »

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2014, 09:34:54 am »

Looking forward to the new maps! I'm wondering if it would be possible for us to change the tileset used to draw? I have a bit of trouble understanding the graphical tilesets as I play with largely clean ones.

EDIT: It would be very interesting to see how things like volcanism influences the underworld regions.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 09:40:04 am by cephalo »
PerfectWorldDF World creator utility for Dwarf Fortress.

My latest forts:
Praisegems - Snarlingtool - Walledwar

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2014, 11:42:06 am »

Looking forward to the new maps! I'm wondering if it would be possible for us to change the tileset used to draw? I have a bit of trouble understanding the graphical tilesets as I play with largely clean ones.

EDIT: It would be very interesting to see how things like volcanism influences the underworld regions.

World viewer doesn't actually draw the tileset, it just draws on top of the maps exported from legends mode.  Those maps are based on the tilesets used at that time.  The particular map I showed was from a world I like to test on (It's actually a community map called The Museum).  The map was exported with a tileset in use.  If you exported with a different tileset you'd get a different map and worldviewer would draw on that.  So the main map (not the graphical ones) will look just like it does in-game.

eternaleye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2014, 01:26:38 pm »

err:process:start_process L"Z:\\mnt\\6A0F06C454D4F476\\games\\df\\64bit\\DFWV.exe" doesn't have an entry point, it cannot be executed

At a guess, you're trying to run it in Wine? That's not necessary - It's a .NET program, which means it's compiled to a bytecode representation instead of native code (the bytecode is for the "Common Language Interpreter", or "CLI") which Microsoft in its infinite wisdom decided to embed in the PE format and name .exe like regular executables. Run it with "mono" instead, as "mono DFWV.exe"

C#/.NET is basically Java, with all the branding sharpied over - just like you'd run a java program with java -jar <file>, you run .NET programs with mono <file> (on Linux, at least)

As a result, as long as the programmer doesn't make _semantic_ mistakes affecting portability (see above regarding path separators) you can run the same compiled .NET program on any OS. So no, I didn't have to recompile :D
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 03:55:36 pm by eternaleye »

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2014, 01:31:36 pm »

At a guess, you're trying to run it in Wine? That's not necessary - It's a .NET program, which means it's compiled to a bytecode representation instead of native code (the bytecode is for the "Common Language Interpreter", or "CLI") which Microsoft in its infinite wisdom decided to embed in the PE format and name .exe like regular executables. Run it with "mono" instead, as "mono DFWV.exe"

C#/.NET is basically Java, with all the branding sharpied over - just like you'd run a java program with java -jar <file>, you run .NET programs with mono <file> (on Linux, at least)
Ah, I see!
I've only been a year fulltime on Linux and hadn't had to use wine or mono-ran programs at all in that year.
It's only DF applications that need that, so thanks :)
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2014, 11:21:34 am »

Ah, I see!
I've only been a year fulltime on Linux and hadn't had to use wine or mono-ran programs at all in that year.

Just for future reference did this fix your problem?   If so I'll add it as a note in the OP for linux users.  Thanks!

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2014, 11:34:40 am »

Ah, I see!

Just for future reference did this fix your problem?   If so I'll add it as a note in the OP for linux users.  Thanks!
Yes it did :)

ORCACommander

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TORTURE_ELVES: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2014, 12:18:35 am »

I'll have a 129x129 10k year gen uploaded in the morning

ORCACommander

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TORTURE_ELVES: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2014, 10:06:41 am »

double posting  because i doubt an edit will make people notice

http://www.gamefront.com/files/?filepath=bloodreign//Dwarf-Fortress/df_40_04_10k-exports.rar
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11