Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: World Viewer for DF 44! [Updated 12-16-17]  (Read 123455 times)

Lewa263

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World Viewer for DF 40.08! - Now with DFHack Integration!
« Reply #90 on: August 20, 2014, 01:54:45 pm »

Oh, I realize I never specified where I saw old age. It's in the death event for historical figures who died of old age. You may have been able to figure that out, but reading my earlier post, it was pretty vague.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: World Viewer for DF 40.0X! - Now with DFHack Integration!
« Reply #91 on: August 23, 2014, 08:39:55 pm »

Yup, this is due to the file name changes in the most recent version.  I had intended to put out a release to address it before Toady implemented it but life got in the way.

You can wait for that update (should be today hopefully) or you can rename the files and it'll work
<bump>
*the update shudders and begins to move*
Any timeline on a fix?  I'd like to put WV back in the pack soon  :)
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

MrPalmer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 10, 2014, 03:35:17 pm »

I made this to copy the files to the old format, and WorldViewer (and old version satelite map maker too) worked fine for me. Your results may vary.

I've been fighting months with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (surgery suggested) in both wrists, so the script below is sloppy and unpolished. It works for me. It is a Python script to copy a new format region legends/maps to a new directory in old format. Yes, I know I could have made it shorter/efficient; I worked on it off and on (using copy/paste, replace, etc for repeating parts). Normally I would have made something more efficient, user friendly, error-proof, and documented. Im embarrassed to release it, but maybe someone can use it (or better, improve it).

Change the `mypath` variable below "### CHANGE THIS TO YOUR PATH ###" to be your path to your file. It SHOULD work on linux and mac, since I think I used cross platform functions. I release the hideous monster...

exports_new2old.py
Spoiler: exports_new2old.py (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 03:41:10 pm by MrPalmer »

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 19, 2014, 01:55:02 am »

I made this to copy the files to the old format, and WorldViewer (and old version satelite map maker too) worked fine for me. Your results may vary.
[...]

exports_new2old.py
Spoiler: exports_new2old.py (click to show/hide)

Thank you, that was helpful.

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World Viewer for DF 40 - Now with DFHack Integration!
« Reply #94 on: December 18, 2014, 03:24:58 pm »

ahhhhh, so it's been a pretty crazy fall for me!  Starting out the first day of vacation nicely though!

So World Viewer is now (months late) properly handling the files exported from DF as of the new version 2.0.1

There is a LITTLE bit more interesting in there though, I am now including the site maps that are exported easily via dfhack (with the provided exportlegendsWV script), as well as the four different map color legends, pic below.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I have a bit of a tweak for that coming, I'd like to be able to tell you what you're hovering over based on the color of the pixel.  But the UI logistics weren't working so this is a good start.

Please give it a shot and let me know what you think.

I've missed quite a few changes to DF in the last few months so it's possible the few world gens I tested didn't incorporate them, anyone with a well-developed adventurer world, one with a couple forts, or a long-running fort in the most recent version would be helpful to test.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 04:17:15 pm by Mason11987 »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: World Viewer for DF 40! - Now with DFHack Integration! [Updated 12-18]
« Reply #95 on: December 19, 2014, 02:36:08 am »

Wait, we can read that info?

Oh my, this changes everything.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 28, 2015, 06:02:43 am »

What exactly do i need to plug into this? I've used the legends export processor in the starter pack but everything i've tried in user generated content says no basic map image. exportlegendsWV is unrecognised by dfhack as well.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 30, 2015, 08:15:24 pm »

What exactly do i need to plug into this? I've used the legends export processor in the starter pack but everything i've tried in user generated content says no basic map image. exportlegendsWV is unrecognised by dfhack as well.

The legends export processor is for legends viewer, it doesn't apply to World Viewer.

If you're using the starter pack you'll need to copy/paste the ExportLegendsWV.lua file into the dfhack folder:

So you can find it here: (Starter Pack Folder)\LNP\Utilities\World Viewer df40 (v2.01)\exportlegendsWV.lua
And you can put it in this folder: (Starter Pack Folder)\Dwarf Fortress 0.40.23\hack\scripts

That should work, let me know if you have any issues.

Alternatively, if you're not using the starter pack you can just go to legends mode and export all the files (press 'd', then 'x' to get the important ones).  Then you can navigate to the DF folder to select the files.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 30, 2015, 09:08:03 pm »

It would be nice to mention that this (or at least the download on DFFD) is Windows-only.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 31, 2015, 04:45:11 pm »

TY Mason11987, I'll try it

YAY
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 07:06:54 am by Novel Scoops »
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 01, 2015, 07:36:50 pm »

I'm just working on the long-overdue config for World Viewer in the starter pack, and have a couple of suggestions:  include a script to automatically launch the correct (32/64 bit) version, and some upgrades to exportlegendsWV.lua.

Spoiler: DFWV.bat (click to show/hide)

exportlegendsWV.lua has a couple of issues, and a few ways it could be upgraded.
  • xml filename should contain the date of the world as of export, since it contains info that changes over time
  • DFHack code should use spaces instead of tabs (style issue only)
  • This could be integrated with exportlegends itself and included in standard DFHack
  • Or even better, changed to run whenever the xml is exported in any way
I'm happy to attempt these fixes and upgrades, if you're OK with it, and get it into the standard DFHack library in one of the forms I listed.
Spoiler: some code changes (click to show/hide)
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 03, 2015, 10:51:51 pm »

I am having a crash during the world loading, and I have a strong deja vu like I've had this exact crash a long time ago last time I used WV. Maybe I did something wrong.

I used the exportlegendsWV script to export all that stuff with dfhack. But it's not loading in the 64 bit version. This is a new large world.

EDIT: Both 64 and 32 crash after the 'Historical Event Collections Processing' message.

Here is the save file that crashed WV.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 03:45:34 pm by cephalo »
PerfectWorldDF World creator utility for Dwarf Fortress.

My latest forts:
Praisegems - Snarlingtool - Walledwar

Eldrick Tobin

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: MODDING_UNDWARFY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 05, 2015, 07:14:10 pm »

Is there a more up to date exportlegendswv.lua file around that I've not seen the posting about? Searching on "assumed_identities" in this thread produced nothing. Yay for github.

I've fixed it myself, but I thought maybe I just missed something. *later... I need to his POST faster* Woo. Completed operations. Yay for corrections.

Items changed:
*PE's changes implemented
*As I had a full 'exportlegends all' I changed the dfhack_run line from "exportlegends info" to "exportlegends" so it wouldn't rehash old ground.
*assumed_identities->identities
--
Eldrick Tobin
Behold the unimpressive Aspectus Lolin mod. || My Little Arachnid Fortress attempt...
I mumble to myself on tumblr... Sometimes about DF Modding.

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 07, 2015, 05:48:02 pm »

I'm just working on the long-overdue config for World Viewer in the starter pack, and have a couple of suggestions:  include a script to automatically launch the correct (32/64 bit) version, and some upgrades to exportlegendsWV.lua.

Spoiler: DFWV.bat (click to show/hide)

exportlegendsWV.lua has a couple of issues, and a few ways it could be upgraded.
  • xml filename should contain the date of the world as of export, since it contains info that changes over time
  • DFHack code should use spaces instead of tabs (style issue only)
  • This could be integrated with exportlegends itself and included in standard DFHack
  • Or even better, changed to run whenever the xml is exported in any way
I'm happy to attempt these fixes and upgrades, if you're OK with it, and get it into the standard DFHack library in one of the forms I listed.
Spoiler: some code changes (click to show/hide)

Thanks PeridexisErrant.  I'll include that .bat file in my next release.  I'm trying to sort out the site map stuff before I do so.

I saw you included it in exportlegends.lua.  I wouldn't mind if exportlegends.lua includes the modifications I made by default, but I really made them for World Viewer, so they may not be something everyone would want in that script.  For now I'll include an exportlegends.lua script in releases, which can replace the one that comes with dfHack, and I'll change the spaces/tabs as well.

I didn't include the date because I didn't need it and it would have been complicated to make sure it was right and there.

I am having a crash during the world loading, and I have a strong deja vu like I've had this exact crash a long time ago last time I used WV. Maybe I did something wrong.

I used the exportlegendsWV script to export all that stuff with dfhack. But it's not loading in the 64 bit version. This is a new large world.

EDIT: Both 64 and 32 crash after the 'Historical Event Collections Processing' message.

Here is the save file that crashed WV.

Got it, it was due to a previously unseen situation where a Site conquering event collection could not have a defender civ listed.  That's weird.  Don't know if that's a df bug or intentional, ha.

I'll post an update when I have the fix out for that.

Is there a more up to date exportlegendswv.lua file around that I've not seen the posting about? Searching on "assumed_identities" in this thread produced nothing. Yay for github.

I've fixed it myself, but I thought maybe I just missed something. *later... I need to his POST faster* Woo. Completed operations. Yay for corrections.

Items changed:
*PE's changes implemented
*As I had a full 'exportlegends all' I changed the dfhack_run line from "exportlegends info" to "exportlegends" so it wouldn't rehash old ground.
*assumed_identities->identities

Could you clarify the assumed identities change you made?

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 10, 2015, 07:58:12 am »

Just put out a new update.

A few changes

• Using exportlegends.lua for the dfhack export, instead of exportlegendswv.  Had to tweak the date function a bit but it works, and the legends plus exports the same as the default one
  • The site map feature now shows you what's under the mouse cursor, it also correctly matches sites with the appropriate legend.
  • Map feature looks better now when you have a ton of civs (40+)
  • Resolved almost every lingering missing data point from the legends export.  Please let me know if you see any "UNKNOWN" if using the dfhack export, and viewing a particular history event
  • Fixed a couple very uncommon bugs, including the one cephalo mentioned
  • For anyone interested in the code, I also added a few unit tests for  history/site file reading.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11