Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: World Viewer for DF 44! [Updated 12-16-17]  (Read 123434 times)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: World Viewer for DF 40! - Now with DFHack Integration! [Updated 2-10]
« Reply #105 on: February 10, 2015, 06:16:51 pm »

Awesome! 

About the massive upgrades to exportlegends - do you mind if I get it into the standard DFHack library?  (I'm assuming it's "finished" for now, and you don't mind me removing the print(date)) 

And I assume the filename is now stable, so I can build support for it into the PyLNP's legends export processor?
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 11, 2015, 02:15:56 pm »

Awesome! 

About the massive upgrades to exportlegends - do you mind if I get it into the standard DFHack library?  (I'm assuming it's "finished" for now, and you don't mind me removing the print(date)) 

And I assume the filename is now stable, so I can build support for it into the PyLNP's legends export processor?

I don't mind at all.  And thanks for that catch on print(date).  I was trying to deduce why your lua date code wasn't getting noticed by my code as the proper date and it drove me crazy for a while until I realized one was an en-dash and the other an em-dash or a hyphen, or whatever, ha.

I won't mess with the filename although I don't really know about the workings of the legends export processor.

I'm sure I'll add to the exporter in general.  It's really tuned to be exactly what I want out of it, as easily as I could get it.  But each release I find new things to add.  I have no objection with the current version being released with dfhack at all if it can be used by others, but I definitely foresee myself adding to it in the future.  For example, I haven't used DFHack at all to tackle any extra historical figure data that might be interesting, as an example "Night Creature" doesn't show up in DF Legends, the actual creature name does.  I'm using that now in the "Changed Creature Type" event, but I imagine I'll want to incorporate proper night creature names for all Historical Figures at some point, if it won't balloon the file size too much.  So add it to DFHack, but I'll include it in my releases as well and just make a note if I edited it in the release notes.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 11, 2015, 05:16:32 pm »

Cool.  I'll stick that in, and can update pull requests when something changes.  Just make sure that new WV releases can handle older versions of the legends_plus file!
 Donations here.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 28, 2015, 09:41:36 pm »

Hello,
I've been exploring a few worlds with the current version and i've got a lot of fun.
I noticed a very minor problem, " humans " are called " humen " apparently in that latest version, i'm not an english speaker but i doubt " humen " is correct.

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 01, 2015, 08:57:04 pm »

Hello,
I've been exploring a few worlds with the current version and i've got a lot of fun.
I noticed a very minor problem, " humans " are called " humen " apparently in that latest version, i'm not an english speaker but i doubt " humen " is correct.

yeah... I'm using a tool to automatically convert names from singular to plural and reverse and it's not perfect.  I'm working on an alternative way of handling that though with the dfhack export.

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 05, 2015, 04:07:47 pm »

This brought me down the rabbit hole.

So I'm pulling the race names out through the raws directly now (through DFhack) so that humen/humans thing is resolved.  That led me to the problem of forgotten beasts, and I fixed an earlier assumption about race names, so now they're distinct.  I also wanted to be able to differentiate them so now every race (well every caste within each race) now has a description as well:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As you might notice this has the population wrong (there's gotta be one right?), so I went digging into the population info, and realized that the info from the world-sites file is lacking.  So I dug into some raw data about that.  Turns out population is stored based on region and race, so now regions have their population listed as well:

There is some weirdness around the "Unnumbered" things, but this seems pretty accurate.  Last things to do is rectify the castes from the original XML with my more detailed castes, and handle total populations and I'll do an update.  Good bug report!

Foffy123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This brought me down the rabbit hole.

So I'm pulling the race names out through the raws directly now (through DFhack) so that humen/humans thing is resolved.  That led me to the problem of forgotten beasts, and I fixed an earlier assumption about race names, so now they're distinct.  I also wanted to be able to differentiate them so now every race (well every caste within each race) now has a description as well:

As you might notice this has the population wrong (there's gotta be one right?), so I went digging into the population info, and realized that the info from the world-sites file is lacking.  So I dug into some raw data about that.  Turns out population is stored based on region and race, so now regions have their population listed as well:

There is some weirdness around the "Unnumbered" things, but this seems pretty accurate.  Last things to do is rectify the castes from the original XML with my more detailed castes, and handle total populations and I'll do an update.  Good bug report!
Any progess updates? Looking forward to a new version.

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 09, 2015, 10:06:58 am »

New Version! 2.1! Download here

Most of this will only apply if you're utilizing DFHack to export your legends

• Added Castes for each race to export, and included description (like for Forgotten Beasts) and population numbers per region:
  • Added Mountain Peaks to the export and map
  • Added Rivers to the export and map
  • Deferred some processing on Events, makes loading quicker and memory lower, but viewing sometimes slower.
  • Fixed some bugs on the timeline and the export.
  • Improved loading of huge listboxes.

There's also some prep work for Geo Biomes (layers of stone/veins/etc.) in there.  Unfortunately as far as I can tell there's no way to associate specific Geo Biomes with tiles on the map without embarking there.  I also have a "Historical Figure Travels" feature in the map mode, but it's still in an early stage as well.  Feel free to offer any ideas on either of those!

It also looks like there is a lot of opportunity with the "open-legends" dfhack script.

A few easily accessible details I can pull for future versions:

* Armies
* Units - Extensive details on all of your dwarves on the current embark
* Engraving details of your fort
* Vehicles
* Incidents
* Crimes and Punishments
* Adamantine tube locations
* All Announcements, reports
* Buildings built
* Constructions built
* Items in the fort
* Stockpiles
* Plants
* Squads
* All map blocks
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 12:53:16 pm by Mason11987 »

Tilogour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World Viewer for DF 40! - Now with DFHack Integration! [Updated 10-9]
« Reply #113 on: October 10, 2015, 03:54:40 am »

It's not working for me. Probably because you are not supporting Perfect World utility.
Save
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 03:59:55 am by Tilogour »

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 10, 2015, 06:09:27 am »

Actually it was a bug related to save files having a hyphen in them.  Ha.  Updated version here

Fixed and tested with your save, which uncovered a few long-standing bugs so I fixed those too.  Loads perfectly now, cool map!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 06:13:44 am by Mason11987 »

Tilogour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 10, 2015, 07:26:32 am »

Will you add kobolds in future relase? I don't see any kobolds in my civ list
BTW: I think it's a really cool utility : )
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 07:28:19 am by Tilogour »

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 10, 2015, 08:07:18 am »

There are kobolds in your civ list, but they aren't considered "full civs" as far as the tool goes.  That's because they don't have leadership or worship gods (at least without mods).

You can see all civs if you turn off the "IsFullCiv" filter by clicking "Filter" underneath the Civ list, click "isFull" in the box on the left, and then "Del" followed by "Apply".

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Edit - Made a few more bug fixes to the script to handle open-legends fine as well as regular legends mode.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 09:23:12 am by Mason11987 »

Tilogour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 12, 2015, 05:52:28 am »

My suggestions:
1. Possibility to zoom in/out map.
2. Possibility to get more information about battles if someone want to click it on map (I mean coord).
3. Coord square showed differently on map. (If i want to see coord of historical figures and I click coord there I can't see where it is exactly. Of course I can read coords, but showing it on map somehow will be helpful) Edit: I see my curson IS on coord after I click that, but still showing this square different on the map could be useful.
I don't know if it's a big problem to do this or not.
4.If I have my curson near site and civ it should view more information about creatures in it (below type of site)

BTW: I found another bug (my previous posted save) - > If I turn on showing sites and civs on map and click coord 34.12 or 36.12 i have error "The given key was not present in the dictionary" (I have exported new legends, but it's from the same world, so previous save should also have this bug)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 06:24:51 am by Tilogour »

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 20, 2015, 05:38:04 pm »

Can I use World Viewer to check the historical population of a site? I've got a site with 19 Dwarves (the last of their civ) and I want to see if they're in decline or if this is an improvement over a hundred years ago.

Closest I can trace the history so far is through the 5 historical figures who settled here 150 years ago, but they all died over the following 5 years leaving a pretty big dark age.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 27, 2015, 09:59:50 am »

Two questions:
 - Is the included lua script fully replaced by this one?  If so, can it be taken out, and any further work go on DFHack directly? (I'm happy to facilitate this)
 - Can we get separate files for 32 and 64 bit, so PyLNP doesn't get the filenames mixed up?
 Donations here.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11