Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: World Viewer for DF 44! [Updated 12-16-17]  (Read 123451 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: World Viewer for DF 42! [Updated 12-10]
« Reply #135 on: December 16, 2015, 06:59:59 pm »

I know how to use it, I just wanted to see if I could find out how many descendants Yonali had.

EDIT: The download link is broken. It just opens the forum topic in another tab.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 07:01:43 pm by TheFlame52 »

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 17, 2015, 02:12:08 pm »

I know how to use it, I just wanted to see if I could find out how many descendants Yonali had.

EDIT: The download link is broken. It just opens the forum topic in another tab.

Sorry, fixed:

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=7851

I don't know if it works with .34.  I've changed so much since then.  If it doesn't work for you post the save here and I'll check it out.

I know when I started working on this you couldn't get as much info, and the parent/child relationship was one of them, so it may work but nothing might show up there.  That's just a shortcoming of early version sof XML.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 17, 2015, 02:24:20 pm »

Well it doesn't matter anyway, because I seem to have lost Yonali's world!

KillzEmAllGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Searching for the other sock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 17, 2015, 09:54:55 pm »

Nice that you have kept going with it.
Some suggestions for a few things.

• Gods should be sorted by Civs like Races for Civs. Also needs their gender and race.
  • Civ screen would be nice to know if they're dead.
  • Leaders needs something to sort it out as well instead of alphabetical. Might do that for Civs the ranks as well as descending in order from the first one to the last maybe even put their reign in there. Either that or a more complex view.
  • Sites, good to group them by type.
  • Race should be sorted into groups, Civilization Dwarf, elf, human etc. Then animal people might also do it so they're sorted into playable and unplayable for adventure.
  • Entity might also be good to sort them by their types. There's also an error when selecting religion groups

Anyway to get musical forms and other things out of the xml?

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 17, 2015, 11:44:45 pm »

Nice that you have kept going with it.
Some suggestions for a few things.

• Gods should be sorted by Civs like Races for Civs. Also needs their gender and race.
  • Civ screen would be nice to know if they're dead.
  • Leaders needs something to sort it out as well instead of alphabetical. Might do that for Civs the ranks as well as descending in order from the first one to the last maybe even put their reign in there. Either that or a more complex view.
  • Sites, good to group them by type.
  • Race should be sorted into groups, Civilization Dwarf, elf, human etc. Then animal people might also do it so they're sorted into playable and unplayable for adventure.
  • Entity might also be good to sort them by their types. There's also an error when selecting religion groups

Anyway to get musical forms and other things out of the xml?

Thanks!

• Sorting/grouping gods by civ is possible with a few caveats.  Not all gods are associated with a civ (sometimes just a leader), and I'm not positive gods can only be worshiped by a single civ.  I can't say I've seen it, but I built the app on the assumption it may be possible.
  • Civs being dead if they don't have any sites?  I can make that a filter option.
  • Leaders can be sorted by their Race.  I'll add sorting by when their reign started.  Also sorting/grouping by their civ.  That view could definitely use another look
  • Sites..
  • I'll add grouping by whether they're civilized or not.  That logic comes just from them having leaders or gods on the civilization file.  It's really a brittle way of doing it though.  What's the rule for what makes something playable in adventure mode (I don't use it)
  • Entity can group/sort by type.  Found the error, I'll fix it next release.  Thanks!

KillzEmAllGod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 18, 2015, 04:35:07 am »

I think animal people just need to be apart of a Civ's population. Would also be helpful to display a Civ's total population of sentient members, could just do the number and then % if space is an issue. Not that clear when a different entity type starts. The filter is also a bit confusing, pretty hard to tell what it does or how to use it correctly. Also might be good to have something to explain things like why some HF names are red and others blue, that appears to be gender but its rather confusing mainly due to going through links and not going back to the first one.

Its great to have all this information its just sometimes hard to tell what's what in some of the areas. 

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 18, 2015, 11:01:45 am »

I think animal people just need to be apart of a Civ's population. Would also be helpful to display a Civ's total population of sentient members, could just do the number and then % if space is an issue. Not that clear when a different entity type starts. The filter is also a bit confusing, pretty hard to tell what it does or how to use it correctly. Also might be good to have something to explain things like why some HF names are red and others blue, that appears to be gender but its rather confusing mainly due to going through links and not going back to the first one.

Its great to have all this information its just sometimes hard to tell what's what in some of the areas.

I'm not sure I follow by "I think animal people just need to be apart of a Civ's population."  Animal Men are listed individually as separate civilizations in the world_history export, that's why they get their own listing in the Civ Tab.

So how would you determine total population of sentient members?  I could start getting the total population by examining the population of all the sites that are part of the civ.  But the problem with sentient is that I'd most likely have to make some assumptions of what race is sentient or not, maybe not if I can explore DFHack further.  For example, I don't have any place in the code where dwarves/elves/humans/goblings/kobolds are hardcoded in as unique, because a mod can easily alter that and it's intended to adapt to that.  It's a tricky problem and I'm open to suggestions.  A "Total population" count on the civ screen is absolutely do-able though.

Regarding entity types, do you have your filter set up like this?

If so that puts a red word dividing items in the list like this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I agree the filter screen is tricky.  I will add some explanatory text and tool tips to the next version.

Blue and Red are gender yes.  I'm not sure how to explain that in the app in an effective way.  If you follow a blue HF link though it'll show Male, and same with red and female.  If there are places (other than the main HF listing) that don't have blue/red I could add them to keep consistency.

KillzEmAllGod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 21, 2015, 10:00:14 pm »

That filter screen isn't friendly and using the greater then or = to doesn't help either, its powerful though if it was easier to use and had more options.
The feature to save filter settings would also be handy and to just click on them to change it to a different one would be good.
Could do it so there's a bigger filter (easier and more clear wording and context) and a compact one (Pretty much as it is).

The picture does seem like it should be a default setting for that screen.
The red arrows at the top might want to be more clear that they're forward and back.
Might just want to put a Question mark in that can be clicked to explain things or have so when we hover over thing it brings up a info box to explain it.

For Races it might just be good so there's the option to group them by Civilization, then man then creatures, mega beasts as well? Looks to be the case for dwarf, elf, goblin and humans already.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 25, 2016, 11:16:22 pm »

PSA:  exportlegends.lua is not only available again in DFHack, but has several contributors adding further information to the legends_plus xml export.

@Mason 11987 - I strongly recommend ensuring that the DFHack version has all your changes, then ceasing to distribute it to avoid users downgrading their installed copy.  Further development can happen in the DFHack repo!
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 06, 2016, 12:42:31 pm »

PSA:  exportlegends.lua is not only available again in DFHack, but has several contributors adding further information to the legends_plus xml export.

@Mason 11987 - I strongly recommend ensuring that the DFHack version has all your changes, then ceasing to distribute it to avoid users downgrading their installed copy.  Further development can happen in the DFHack repo!

Thanks,  I had a nearly done version but I was waiting on open-legends to work and then life got in the way.  I'm currently merging my changes in with the dfhack version.

KillzEmAllGod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 27, 2016, 12:29:05 am »

Anyone to see if the civs has followers of megabeasts?
I would Also request that it check the followers if they're alive or dead.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 27, 2016, 07:17:50 pm »

Being able to see the followers of gods/others would be cool.

wuphonsreach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 11, 2016, 07:04:56 am »

dfHack for 42.06 is on alpha-2, so maybe legends export now works again?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 13, 2016, 12:33:33 pm »

Was it not working with DFHack at some point?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 18, 2016, 06:53:09 pm »

Release 2.2.0 is now out:

Download (Windows): on DFFD - 64 bit version here (use the first link if you aren't sure which you need)  Source is on BitBucket.

To install, ensure you copy the exportlegends script to the DFHack/scripts folder, and overwrite the one that's located there.

• Incorporated use of open-legends script.  Exporting from an embark is possible and the preferred way of using the tool now, due to the extra details it offers.
  • Thanks to open-legends, added tabs for:
    • Army
    • Unit
    • Written Content
    • Musical Form
    • Dance Form
    • Poetic Form
    • Building
    • Item
    • Plant
  • Refactored exports legends script
  • Added help image for filter
  • Added landmass tab
  • Added HF Summary
  • Bug fixes

Some pictures

This has some pretty massive changes in it.  Hopefully it brings some more interesting things out to investigate, especially on long-running forts.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 04:13:06 pm by Mason11987 »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11