Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 34

Author Topic: MacNewbie Pack v0.10.3 with DF 42.04  (Read 318167 times)

rathlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MacNewbie Pack v0.9.3 with DF 40.04
« Reply #135 on: July 24, 2014, 01:51:49 pm »

Has anyone got a Mac version working with the stonesense overlay (using DFhacks) or is that only possible on Windows right now?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MacNewbie Pack v0.9.3 with DF 40.04
« Reply #136 on: July 24, 2014, 03:27:02 pm »

If you want to use anything with DFHack, you'll need the last 0.34.11 pack - DFHack hasn't been updated for 0.40.xx yet. (From what I understand, the overlay works, but it's buggy in general, so I wouldn't recommend playing exclusively with it).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
Re: MacNewbie Pack v0.9.3a with DF 40.04 and Dwarf Therapist
« Reply #137 on: July 26, 2014, 05:50:00 am »

While we are waiting for DF 40.05 which will have TONS of bugfixes, here's an update for 40.04 with a few graphics updates and Therapist. As a heads-up: next update (Macnewbie 0.9.4 with 40.05) will be a bit delayed, as the raws will need to be updated.

Download MacNewbie 0.9.3a from DFFD
Download MacNewbie 0.9.3a from Dropbox

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MacNewbie Pack v0.9.4a with DF 40.05
« Reply #138 on: July 28, 2014, 11:32:57 am »

MacNewbie Pack 0.9.4a is released.

First of all: It's generally advised to generate a new world with 40.05, though it's possible to load a 40.03+ world.
1. Make a backup of your old save, and copy it into /Macnewbie/User Generated Content/Link to Save folder
2. Apply a graphics pack with the launcher to upgrade
3. Got to the Launcher app and open /Folders/Language files 40.04
4. Copy these files to /save/regionX /raw/object overwriting everything
5. Profit!

Second: The included Dwarf Therapist does work with 40.05, but some game data is missing still. Prepare for unforeseen consequences, and expect an update soon.
Fixed in 4a.

Spoiler: DF 40.05 Release notes (click to show/hide)

Download MacNewbie 0.9.4a from DFFD
Download MacNewbie 0.9.4a from Dropbox
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 01:25:11 pm by fricy »

peterb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 29, 2014, 05:09:23 pm »

Has anyone else had trouble with DF Designator on the Mac LNB?  Specifically, it works great for designating digs, but when I try to use it to designate build sites (for example, try workshops-2-build.csv0.png from TheQuickFortress folder, after digging it out...) it seems to just do semi-random things.  What am I missing?

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 30, 2014, 04:51:16 am »

Has anyone else had trouble with DF Designator on the Mac LNB?  Specifically, it works great for designating digs, but when I try to use it to designate build sites (for example, try workshops-2-build.csv0.png from TheQuickFortress folder, after digging it out...) it seems to just do semi-random things.  What am I missing?

Hmm, I'm in the dark here. If you are using df 34.11 (Macnewbie v7 - v8.7) the problem may come from an interference caused by the dfhack plugin mousequery, you can test it by opening dfhack.init and deleting the word mousequery. (it's on line 6 in Macnewbie v8.7)
If the problem is in Macnewbie 9+ then sadly I have no idea.

mwarner9

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 30, 2014, 10:56:23 am »

I'm still using the 2012 version and something strange is going on with temperature settings. I definitely have TEMPERATURE: YES in my d_init file and it's clicked YES in the launcher, but when I use certain tilesets especially my favorite Phoebus, the game no longer does temperature changes. I know that the tileset change resets the launcher options, but I'm positive that I have Temperature turned on. I even checked the d_init file when the game is running. Other tilesets definitely still work. I'm running Mavericks if that matters at all.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 30, 2014, 02:32:03 pm »

I'm still using the 2012 version and something strange is going on with temperature settings. I definitely have TEMPERATURE: YES in my d_init file and it's clicked YES in the launcher, but when I use certain tilesets especially my favorite Phoebus, the game no longer does temperature changes. I know that the tileset change resets the launcher options, but I'm positive that I have Temperature turned on. I even checked the d_init file when the game is running. Other tilesets definitely still work. I'm running Mavericks if that matters at all.

You found some weird shit. Congratulations.  :o
I can confirm that it's happening, but result are inconsistent and couldn't nail the problem down. I was able to reproduce this on 10.9.3 and 10.7.5 too, but only with Phoebus, none of the graphic packs exhibited this behavior. Then I managed to get temp. calculations going by deleting twbt and mousequery plugins, but I don't know which one may be the culprit, as the save fixed itself after: when I copied back the same version of both of these plugins the bug vanished, even though I did not modify the save game.
Weird...
So my best bet for now is to delete the twbt.plug.so from the hack/plugins folder, and check if this solves the problem. If it does, try moving it back, and tell me what happens. As far as I know twbt shouldn't affect the temp. calculations, and then again if it did, it still shouldn't bork only Phoebus.

mwarner9

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 30, 2014, 04:41:33 pm »

I tried deleting those two plugins and running it and I'm still not getting temp changes. I put them back in too and still nothing.

I tested out all of the graphics and these didn't have temperature working
Phoebus
Mayday
Vherid v6

All the other ones worked fine without me doing anything besides loading the tileset. No idea what's going on.

mushmouth

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 04, 2014, 12:55:23 pm »

Is there anyway we could update the source to get rid of the terminal windows? 
/usr/bin/strings implies that dwarfort.exe get launched by this in a binary file
osascript -e "tell app \"Terminal\" to do script \"\\\"%@/Dwarf Fortress/df\\\"\""

this could be updated to not pop a terminal window by running this instead
osascript -e "do shell script \"\\\"%@/Dwarf Fortress/df\\\"\""

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 04, 2014, 01:09:50 pm »

/usr/bin/strings implies that dwarfort.exe get launched by this in a binary file
osascript -e "tell app \"Terminal\" to do script \"\\\"%@/Dwarf Fortress/df\\\"\""

That would likely prevent DFHack from working - in the meantime, since the terminal window isn't very useful, you can edit the "df" script to run dwarfort.exe in the background (which is what vanilla DF now does), then configure Terminal to close windows automatically when a process completes.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

mushmouth

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 04, 2014, 04:35:52 pm »

That would likely prevent DFHack from working - in the meantime, since the terminal window isn't very useful, you can edit the "df" script to run dwarfort.exe in the background (which is what vanilla DF now does), then configure Terminal to close windows automatically when a process completes.

The "do shell script" version runs fine in script editor (On Mavericks) without terminal or X11 running, and I don't see any options for closing windows/tabs when processes complete.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 04, 2014, 04:49:56 pm »

The "do shell script" version runs fine in script editor (On Mavericks) without terminal or X11 running, and I don't see any options for closing windows/tabs when processes complete.
Preferences -> Settings -> Shell -> "When the shell exits"
Running "do shell script" directly does work - I was assuming that Fricy would change "df" to run DFHack once it's updated, which would be problematic without a terminal window, but it should be simple enough to implement separate DF/DFHack scripts in the launcher.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MacNewbie Pack v0.9.6 with DF 40.08
« Reply #148 on: August 13, 2014, 11:00:00 am »

MacNewbie Pack 0.9.6 is released...
...with an unofficial prerelease version of dfhack. Dfhack is not yet considered stable, there are still a bunch of bugs and not all the plugins work, so the launcher is not set to start dfhack default. If you want to play with it launch the game with the "dfhack" script, or rename the script to "df". Consider yourself warned.  8)

DF 40.08 Release notes

Download MacNewbie 0.9.6 from DFFD
Download MacNewbie 0.9.6 from Dropbox
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 05:07:58 am by fricy »

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MacNewbie Pack v0.9.6a with DF 40.08
« Reply #149 on: August 16, 2014, 02:16:17 am »

Due to some compiling error I'm revoking this release until further investigation.

Download MacNewbie 0.9.6a from DFFD
Download MacNewbie 0.9.6a from Dropbox
Get MacNewbie patch 0.9.6-»0.9.6a
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 01:38:03 pm by fricy »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 34