Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 34

Author Topic: MacNewbie Pack v0.10.3 with DF 42.04  (Read 317120 times)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: MacNewbie Pack v0.9.10a with DF 40.13 - TWBT edition
« Reply #225 on: October 06, 2014, 05:21:58 am »

Quick question. When installing a new version (upgrading to a new one) do you overite all the old files (so select replace all) or do you keep the "newer" files that it talks about also?
I wouldn't trust osx to overwrite the folder properly at any case, it risks losing your saves. Either extract to a new folder and migrate your saves from the 'User Generated..' directory, or else delete the LNP, Dwarf Fortress folder and the launcher, and extract these. Better upgrade is in the plans.

My solution is to unzip the newer pack in the same parent folder, then copy across all the saves and other data.  No matter what, the old copy is intact.  There's a lot of stuff it doesn't preserve/cooy, but it's safe and easy.  Here's the (bat) script; it should be easy enough to translate to shell if you're interested.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 06, 2014, 06:12:47 am »

Why don't you move saves folder out of the installation folder completely, eg. to ~/Documents?
Not that I haven't thought of it, but not being a programmer makes it a tad difficult. :)

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #227 on: October 06, 2014, 06:51:40 am »

Why don't you move saves folder out of the installation folder completely, eg. to ~/Documents?
Not that I haven't thought of it, but not being a programmer makes it a tad difficult. :)

For all the folders and files that ideally should be outside it's difficult indeed because we still need to update them from time to time. But we don't need to change user saves ever, so it's easier. It could be just small code in df/dfhack scripts that would check if there's no data/save folder (first run), then create save folder in Documents (if it doesn't exist too) and make a symlink. Oh yes, to avoid problems with DF updates not compatible with older saves, use ~/Documents/Dwarf Fortress/DF_03411 /DF_04013 and so on - new folder each time such change occurs.

Murdersquish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 06, 2014, 07:48:12 am »

Is there a config option to point to the save directory? Currently, I have my saves stored on Dropbox so my post-install operation follows, but I would rather mod a config option.

MacOS:
bash$ ln -s "~/Dropbox/Games/Dwarf Fortress/save" "/Applications/Macnewbie/Dwarf Fortress/data/save"

Windows:
cmd$ mklink /j \path\to\df\data\save "\users\murdersquish\my documents\my dropbox\Games\Dwarf Fortress\data\save"
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 01:03:42 pm by Murdersquish »

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 06, 2014, 12:23:54 pm »

Is there a config option to point to the save directory? Currently, I have my saves stored on Dropbox so my post-install operation follows, but I would rather mod a config option.
MacOS:
bash$ ln -s "~/Dropbox/Games/Dwarf Fortress/save" "/Applications/Macnewbie/Dwarf Fortress/data/save"

I'll see if I can code a config option, current idea is to write some Python code and use the launcher to check for and create folders in the Documents directory and symlink them to Macnewbie automagically. The path you use should work ok, data/save is just a symlink pointing to 'Macnewbie/User Generated.../Saves'

Quote from: mifki
It could be just small code in df/dfhack scripts that would check if there's no data/save folder (first run), then create save folder in Documents (if it doesn't exist too) and make a symlink.
The problem is not with the idea, but with my nonexistent coding skills. Nevertheless I made some progress, hurray. :)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 09, 2014, 03:11:22 am »

Passing a bug report, which I'm pretty sure is the multiscroll plugin.  I assume you can work out the version and mifki can track down the problem :)

Quote from: /u/melp
I'm having technical issues with the OSX version. The game locks up fairly early on in every play though I've attempted (happened once ~15 minutes in, second time ~3 hours in). Throughout the play through, the game occasionally "stutters" and locks up for ~1 second before it gets going again. One observational note -- both times, it happened while I was doing the two-finger-drag-on-trackpad thing to scroll around the map. I can't figure out where to disable this, though.

This is what shows up in stderr.log:
Code: [Select]
No caravan report object; use "fix/population-cap force" to create one
UNKNOWN CLASS 'viewscreen_unitlaborsst': vtable = 0xc56d168
2014-10-08 00:05:32.009 dwarfort.exe[1433:507] unrecognized type is -2
2014-10-08 00:05:32.010 dwarfort.exe[1433:507] *** Assertion failure in -[NSEvent _initWithCGSEvent:eventRef:], /SourceCache/AppKit/AppKit-1265.21/AppKit.subproj/NSEvent.m:1361
2014-10-08 00:05:32.010 dwarfort.exe[1433:507] Invalid parameter not satisfying: cgsEvent.type > 0 && cgsEvent.type <= kCGSLastEventType

I'm playing on a MBP, OSX 10.9.4, using MacNewbiePack 0.9.10 w/ DF 40.13. The only DFHack modules I have enabled are "Workflow - production targets" and "Pure Bugfixes". Any help would be appreciated.lp would be appreciated.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 09, 2014, 03:51:31 am »

Passing a bug report, which I'm pretty sure is the multiscroll plugin.  I assume you can work out the version and mifki can track down the problem :)

Thx. That's multiscroll 2.25, the latest.
@mifki: While you're at it, can you add an enable plugin option to multiscroll, so I can add an option to launcher to disable the plugin? This "delete the plugin if you're crashing" is not noob friendly enough. :)
Report is also here.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 28, 2014, 02:12:18 am »

[OSX] Dwarf Therapist 28.pre-release | DF 40.14

i've released a new version, although it's now incomplete with 40.14 (thoughts and happiness are disabled/invalid). however the other functionality should be ok... probably..

there are also some fairly untested new features like the labor optimizer update and new role categories/preferences, so let me know if anything unexpected explodes. a proper update to handle the new emotions will certainly take more time, but in the meantime this is still a significant update.

Spoiler: Patch Notes (click to show/hide)

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MacNewbie Pack v0.9.11 with DF 40.14 - TWBT edition
« Reply #233 on: November 05, 2014, 04:05:06 pm »

Download MacNewbie 0.9.11 from DFFD
Download MacNewbie 0.9.11 from Dropbox

Spoiler: Changelog: (click to show/hide)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 05, 2014, 04:31:29 pm »

-partyl working rendermax plugin
What do you mean by "partly"? Are you using Warmist's changes?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 06, 2014, 02:11:21 am »

-partyl working rendermax plugin
What do you mean by "partly"? Are you using Warmist's changes?
Uhm, it's a reminder to myself to go ask Warmist to reimplement plants/trees, and to mifki to once more make it compatible with twbt. Sorry for the confusion.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Service announcement: Since my dfhack-r0 is 99,9% identical with the official dfhack-r1 release I won't be updating the pack for now. Next version is going to be 40.15 - soon™.

HaterSkater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 06, 2014, 04:43:26 am »

fricy, little question here: how do i add new tileset? In LNP/graphics folder it says:
Place graphics packs here, each one in it's own directory. Edit lnp.yaml to
make LNP aware of the graphics packs you add.
what is lnp.yaml? i can't find such a file :(
▲▲▲▲▲
;ÑÜ&,
.';,

Duerer TWBT tileset v.0.6.A

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 06, 2014, 04:59:18 am »

fricy, little question here: how do i add new tileset? In LNP/graphics folder it says:
Oh, that instruction is outdated, a leftover from the previous launcher. Just place a pack there with the proper folder structure and the launcher will detect it automagically when it starts.

HaterSkater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 06, 2014, 05:17:08 am »

Oh, that instruction is outdated, a leftover from the previous launcher. Just place a pack there with the proper folder structure and the launcher will detect it automagically when it starts.
Oh, i got it, i just forgot to put raws in place, thanks
BTW, when i was waiting for answer, i took quick tour through available graphic pack and it seems that something wrong with Phoebus:
It loads title screen and then shows blank warning window, while game freezes. I've seen this before, but don't remember, what it means
▲▲▲▲▲
;ÑÜ&,
.';,

Duerer TWBT tileset v.0.6.A

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 06, 2014, 06:04:27 am »

BTW, when i was waiting for answer, i took quick tour through available graphic pack and it seems that something wrong with Phoebus:
It loads title screen and then shows blank warning window, while game freezes. I've seen this before, but don't remember, what it means
Thx, for the report, it's a typo: data/art/Phoebeus_16x16_text.png has an extra 'e' in it. :( Only happens with twbt mode.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 34