Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 34

Author Topic: MacNewbie Pack v0.10.3 with DF 42.04  (Read 318417 times)

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MacNewbie Pack v0.9.12 with DF 40.15 - Duerer Endorsement Edition
« Reply #255 on: November 09, 2014, 03:45:43 pm »

Uh, it doesn't do that. It will show the currently installed colorscheme in the preview if you haven't selected anything, but that's only read when the program starts.
I suppose it would probably be a good idea to do that, though... I'll make a note to get that done, shouldn't be too hard.
Actually it recognizes and highlights which color scheme is installed by the tileset if that color scheme is in the list of the colors. I noticed this by accident, but it does work. :)

Oh, *that's* what you meant. Yes, it does do that - I thought you meant it updated the color preview image when simply *selecting* a graphics pack :)

It now also does the other thing, since I just finished writing code to do that - and it should handle color scheme errors gracefully, too.

maxg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 10, 2014, 06:43:08 pm »

All of a sudden a load of dfhack commands have stopped working and seem to provide no output; as far as I can tell it's only the ruby commands.

Example:

[DFHack]# removebadthoughts
[DFHack]# stripcaged
[DFHack]#

I have ruby installed and I'm not quite sure when this started (maybe after an OS update?).

ruby --version reports "ruby 2.0.0p481 (2014-05-08 revision 45883) [universal.x86_64-darwin14]". Anyone else seen this happen?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 10, 2014, 06:49:29 pm »

Does /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/libruby.1.dylib exist on your system?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

maxg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 10, 2014, 07:04:23 pm »

Does /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/libruby.1.dylib exist on your system?

Nope, Versions only has a 2.0 dir and current symlinks to 2.0. This may have happened when updating to Yosemite?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 10, 2014, 07:11:32 pm »

Oh, you're using Yosemite. Yosemite breaks a number of things (including nearly all versions of GCC, which is used to compile DF and DFHack), so I'm not exactly sure how to fix that.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

maxg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 10, 2014, 07:46:40 pm »

Oh, you're using Yosemite. Yosemite breaks a number of things (including nearly all versions of GCC, which is used to compile DF and DFHack), so I'm not exactly sure how to fix that.

I guess in that case I should be happy everything seems to work well otherwise! Thanks for the heads up.

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 11, 2014, 11:46:39 am »

I seem to be getting crashes pretty frequently (once every few hours) with this new version.  This wouldn't be so bad except that I have to literally make a whole fort over again and nothing bothers me quite like that.  I guess I just need to save more?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 11, 2014, 04:00:17 pm »

Does it work if you disable TwbT? (Change PRINT_MODE:TWBT to PRINT_MODE:STANDARD (or 2D) in (DF)/data/init/init.txt, or remove (DF)/hack/plugins/twbt.plug.dylib)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 11, 2014, 05:48:10 pm »

I seem to be getting crashes pretty frequently (once every few hours) with this new version.  This wouldn't be so bad except that I have to literally make a whole fort over again and nothing bothers me quite like that.  I guess I just need to save more?

DFHack "quicksave" makes saving a lot easier, and you can enable seasonal auto-saves too.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 12, 2014, 09:34:17 am »

Further experience tells me this is only happening when I've got DFHack on, and not with regular DF.  I've been trying to save more frequently and use DFHack only when necessary (e.g. when embarking or to clean up grossness from the ground).  Funnily, when I installed DF, Phoebus, and DFHack separately, I didn't seem to have any such problems, even though that was pretty much a headache and a half.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 12, 2014, 10:15:05 am »

Quote from: Badger Storm link=topic=128960.msg5801311#msg5801311 dateproblem 415802857
Further experience tells me this is happening when I've got DFHack on, and not with regular DF.  I've been trying to save more frequently and use DFHack only when necessary (e.g. when embarking or to clean up grossness from the ground).  Funnily, when I installed DF, Phoebus, and DFHack separately, I didn't seem to have any such problems, even though that was pretty much a headache and a half.
I'm a bit stumped. I tried to reproduce the problem, generated a new world and played for a few hours with the latest version with TwbT on, no crashes on my end. I'll try some more with my Maverick system, but so far the only advice I can give is to try playing with print mode 2d and see if it  helps... :-(
Do you see anything suspicious at the end of the stderr. log file after crashing?

HaterSkater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 12, 2014, 01:22:15 pm »

I can confirm that everything work good on Mavericks, with only exception is when game crashes after me trying to load Legends of big region with 150000+ historical figures. I remember it working before, though embark in same world works ok. Can't say about gameplay: i played much only in a small world

UPD: just checked it, and DFHack does open legends of large 40.14 world in 40.15, but fails to open world made in 40.15
Last Terminal message, if that matters:
Code: [Select]
[DFHack]# /Applications/DWARF FORTRESS/Macnewbie-4015/Dwarf Fortress/dfhack: line 15:  7878 Abort trap: 6           DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES=./hack/libdfhack.dylib ./dwarfort.exe "$@"
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 02:30:45 pm by HaterSkater »
▲▲▲▲▲
;ÑÜ&,
.';,

Duerer TWBT tileset v.0.6.A

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 12, 2014, 03:04:57 pm »

I can confirm that everything work good on Mavericks, with only exception is when game crashes after me trying to load Legends of big region with 150000+ historical figures. I remember it working before, though embark in same world works ok. Can't say about gameplay: i played much only in a small world

UPD: just checked it, and DFHack does open legends of large 40.14 world in 40.15, but fails to open world made in 40.15
[DFHack]# /Applications/DWARF FORTRESS/Macnewbie-4015/Dwarf Fortress/dfhack: line 15:  7878 Abort trap: 6           DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES=./hack/libdfhack.dylib ./dwarfort.exe "$@"
What do you mean by "DFHack does open legends"? Are you referring to DF or another utility?
(Also, the only information given in that message is that DF crashed. Crash reports are usually more helpful, since they contain information about what caused the crash.)

HaterSkater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 12, 2014, 03:27:19 pm »

What do you mean by "DFHack does open legends"? Are you referring to DF or another utility?
(Also, the only information given in that message is that DF crashed. Crash reports are usually more helpful, since they contain information about what caused the crash.)

I mean Dwarf Fortress with DFHack installed

Sorry, i just didn't figured out how to put such a big text in message

Here it is
▲▲▲▲▲
;ÑÜ&,
.';,

Duerer TWBT tileset v.0.6.A

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 13, 2014, 05:39:27 pm »

Quote from: Badger Storm link=topic=128960.msg5801311#msg5801311 dateproblem 415802857
Further experience tells me this is happening when I've got DFHack on, and not with regular DF.  I've been trying to save more frequently and use DFHack only when necessary (e.g. when embarking or to clean up grossness from the ground).  Funnily, when I installed DF, Phoebus, and DFHack separately, I didn't seem to have any such problems, even though that was pretty much a headache and a half.
I'm a bit stumped. I tried to reproduce the problem, generated a new world and played for a few hours with the latest version with TwbT on, no crashes on my end. I'll try some more with my Maverick system, but so far the only advice I can give is to try playing with print mode 2d and see if it  helps... :-(
Do you see anything suspicious at the end of the stderr. log file after crashing?

I think I might know what's going on.  When scrolling through past DFHack commands, sometimes I accidentally hit "die" when I meant to clean up or prospect.  It's super irritating.

EDIT: No, it's crashed twice since I posted.  The icon is still in the dock, but the window disappears, and there is literally nothing about any funny business in the terminal log.

EDIT: Curiously, I seem only able to access one of my former worlds via the non-LNP Dwarf Fortress, but since I'm always genning and deleting worlds anyway, I think I'll just set aside the one world I'm attached to and delete all the others, then gen some new ones.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 06:49:09 pm by Badger Storm »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 34