Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 34

Author Topic: MacNewbie Pack v0.10.3 with DF 42.04  (Read 318300 times)

Auroness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MacNewbie Pack v0.9.15 with DF 40.23
« Reply #300 on: January 12, 2015, 02:10:47 pm »

Just a minor typo, in the DF Hack tab on the PyLNP console, the tool-tip text for autobuild coffins says "Designate built coffins for burial autoamticaly"

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 12, 2015, 04:23:25 pm »

Just a minor typo, in the DF Hack tab on the PyLNP console, the tool-tip text for autobuild coffins says "Designate built coffins for burial autoamticaly"
Lol, ok noted. Thx!

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 12, 2015, 04:26:46 pm »

"seedwatch stop" seems to display usage information

I would consider this a bug - at most it should print 'seedwatch not enabled' or something.  Is it worth opening an issue?
It's done this when a world isn't loaded since at least 0.34.11-r5, so this is not a new problem - if anything, the problem is that it's being run when a world isn't loaded, which certainly isn't a DFHack problem.
Edit: All right, it appears that a world load event fires when world generation begins, but seedwatch checks the current game mode, which is NONE during world generation, and displays help if it's invoked in a mode other than DWARF (and a game type other than DWARF_MAIN or DWARF_RECLAIM - that should probably check for DWARF_UNRETIRE as well). I'm curious as to how this went undetected - does nobody generate worlds using this pack?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 04:33:47 pm by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MacNewbie Pack v0.9.16 with DF 40.24 - Tergel Endorsement Edition
« Reply #303 on: January 24, 2015, 03:22:04 pm »

This week's Macnewbie features Cowthing's beautiful Tergel tileset, Ascii done right!

Download MacNewbie 0.9.16 from DFFD
Download MacNewbie 0.9.16 from Dropbox

Spoiler: Changelog: (click to show/hide)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MacNewbie Pack v0.9.16 with DF 40.24
« Reply #304 on: January 24, 2015, 03:27:35 pm »

Could you upload your DFHack build and link to it from the DFHack thread?
Edit: Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 03:43:21 pm by lethosor »

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

monk1971

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 25, 2015, 01:06:01 pm »

When I upgraded this morning, I noticed that whenever I try to designate a building using "b"  the game freezes and crashes.  I have ported the save game to  a vanilla version of DF .40.24 and it works fine.  I made a second world and it did the same thing.  I am not sure if this is a problem on my end or a bug with the software.  I am running os X 10.10.1.  Thank you

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 25, 2015, 02:25:04 pm »

When I upgraded this morning, I noticed that whenever I try to designate a building using "b"  the game freezes and crashes.  I have ported the save game to  a vanilla version of DF .40.24 and it works fine.  I made a second world and it did the same thing.  I am not sure if this is a problem on my end or a bug with the software.  I am running os X 10.10.1.  Thank you
Can't reproduce. :(
I had that problem one time in the past, and it had something to do with file permissions, but I couldn't find the exact cause. Where are you trying to run it from?
@lethosor: Would you kindly check if you can reproduce?

monk1971

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 25, 2015, 03:54:38 pm »

Can't reproduce. :(
I had that problem one time in the past, and it had something to do with file permissions, but I couldn't find the exact cause. Where are you trying to run it from?
@lethosor: Would you kindly check if you can reproduce?

I uninstalled the program, and all of the files associated with it.  I downloaded fresh copy from DFFD.  I could not replicate the problem.  Maybe it was something with the previous install.  I did upgrade from within the program when it asked.  Thanks for looking into this though.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 25, 2015, 04:49:27 pm »

Were you using Truetype? There was a similar crash caused by Truetype, although I'm not sure if it has been fixed or not.

monk1971

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 25, 2015, 11:25:58 pm »

Were you using Truetype? There was a similar crash caused by Truetype, although I'm not sure if it has been fixed or not.

No Truetype.  I may have corrupted something on my end, but I am not sure.  Eitherway,  it seems to be working just fine now.  I was able to copy my save from one copy of DF to another.  Thanks for the help on this.

Cid

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 26, 2015, 05:29:52 pm »

consistent crash bug I ran into:

* created new world
* started fortress game
* prepare carefully
* tab to items selection
* 'n'ew item
* 'w' (searching for plump helmet wine)
[crash as soon as I type 'w']

Tried redownloading and same behavior. Tried with vanilla df, no issue. Also tried adding the dfhack 4.0.24-r1 directly onto that and no issue. So maybe MacNewbie specific?

OS X 10.9.5

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 04, 2015, 07:08:31 pm »

*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/creature_accelerated.txt"
ANIMAL:Unrecognized Material Template: WOOL_TEMPLATE
ANIMAL:Unrecognized Creature Token: PREFIX

This happens when I launch.  I can just scoot the file over to elsewhere, but is there a "true" fix for this?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 07:22:56 pm by Badger Storm »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 04, 2015, 09:48:23 pm »

consistent crash bug I ran into:

* created new world
* started fortress game
* prepare carefully
* tab to items selection
* 'n'ew item
* 'w' (searching for plump helmet wine)
[crash as soon as I type 'w']

Tried redownloading and same behavior. Tried with vanilla df, no issue. Also tried adding the dfhack 4.0.24-r1 directly onto that and no issue. So maybe MacNewbie specific?

OS X 10.9.5
Out of curiosity, does disabling TwbT change anything?

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 05, 2015, 03:38:27 am »

This happens when I launch.  I can just scoot the file over to elsewhere, but is there a "true" fix for this?

That's a bit complicated and has to do with the Modest Accelerated Mash mod, I thought fricy had fixed all that stuff but here's how I did it, I however didn't want to mess with it much, as it just kept causing more problems if I took things away. It's more or less a test version I did break some metal things as I was trying to get rid of redundant things and it also has cheats in it but the files you or fricy would want to see on how to fix that error are there. (the cheats are in their own files besides the dragon anyways)

material_template_accelerated.txt specifically has the difference or the wool template in material_template (the 40.24v) is wrong/broke (It may be best just to copy over the one I use in the accelerated file (the wool template, everything else is far outdated)), I've no idea if that's save game compatible though as it will add a new reaction then delete your error log and test it by killing a poor animal that has wool (yaks work).

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 05, 2015, 04:47:48 am »

That's a bit complicated and has to do with the Modest Accelerated Mash mod, I thought fricy had fixed all that stuff
No, it seems I fsckd that up good.
That's a leftover raw file from me playtesting Accelerated, and it seems some files got left behind in the raw folder. They shouldn't mess up any worlds on their own, at least I haven't noticed anything weird playing vanilla with those extra files. Those are completely unnecessary for already existing worlds, but sadly needed by any worlds generated with this version.
I'll issue an update asap, sorry. :(
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 34