Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 34

Author Topic: MacNewbie Pack v0.10.3 with DF 42.04  (Read 318253 times)

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
Re: MacNewbie Pack v0.9.16a with DF 40.24
« Reply #330 on: February 12, 2015, 06:51:46 am »

The date is displayed in the upper right corner.
I stand corrected in that regard. The complain was about the weather indicator which is in lower left and governed by the same setting.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 12, 2015, 05:02:43 pm »

Do you mean that "dwarfmonitor disable date" disables the weather indicator?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 12, 2015, 05:42:41 pm »

Yes, there's no separate weather monitor.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 14, 2015, 05:19:44 pm »

According to a discussion on Reddit, the XQuartz dependency can be avoided by replacing DF's SDL_ttf library with https://www.libsdl.org/projects/SDL_ttf/release/SDL_ttf-2.0.11.dmg (which includes Freetype).

Yes, there's no separate weather monitor.
I'll try to fix this by the next DFHack release.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #334 on: February 14, 2015, 06:22:09 pm »

Or just by copying freetype lib to the libs folder, no need to install xquartz anyway actually.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 14, 2015, 06:35:08 pm »

Or just by copying freetype lib to the libs folder, no need to install xquartz anyway actually.
Right, but freetype isn't included with OS X (10.8+) by default (which is why OS X prompts you to install XQuartz, which includes libfreetype). I'm not sure what issues could come up with distributing that particular binary, but SDL is safe to redistribute.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 15, 2015, 12:45:02 pm »

According to a discussion on Reddit, the XQuartz dependency can be avoided by replacing DF's SDL_ttf library with https://www.libsdl.org/projects/SDL_ttf/release/SDL_ttf-2.0.11.dmg (which includes Freetype).
Yeah, saw the report on the bug page, and I'll test this solution soon, but as I'm already including a copy of freetype I'm not sure if there are any benefits.

I'll try to fix this by the next DFHack release.
Thx. I'd recommend moving the weather widget to the left side where it doesn't cover the happiness monitor, but whatever. :)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 15, 2015, 01:37:01 pm »

If it's moved to the left side, it would cover the happiness monitor or announcements (with the default window size, at least). I suppose it could be moved up one line, although I'm not too sure how to handle that (given that TwbT would probably break it, as it breaks most other DFHack tools that draw to the map area).

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 01, 2015, 05:31:46 pm »

Hey, is it possible to run this off of a usb stick rather than installing DF on a mac?

I'm tired of battling the 32bit/64bit issues on the Linux edition, and the Linux edition's refusal to run properly on non-ancient hardware as a result. I've tried emulating Windows (via both Wine and VirtualBox) to run the Windows version, no go. So, I figured I'd try the Mac version.

I have a MacBook for work, running Maverick. But since it's my work computer, I don't exactly want to install DF or the newbie pack on it directly... but it doesn't look like there's a way to run this off of USB, but I don't know why there wouldn't be. (the Linux version, for all of it's severe problems, doesn't care what drive it's on, and doesn't need to be "installed" anywhere. As far as I can tell, the same is true of the Windows version. So it doesn't make sense that the Mac version would require installation).

What am I missing here? Is what I want to do possible?

Thanks,

MobRules

(P.S. -- I'm somewhat "new" to the mac, in that the last version of the OS that I was intimately familiar with was -- showing my age here -- 6.4. So, I apologize if this is a clueless question from the point of view of someone who knows the modern mac OS moderately well! Most of my experience in the past decade has been Linux and Windows, rather than Mac.)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 05:37:08 pm by MobRules »
Ninja dragons! Protect the masterwork roasts!
Is this biome reanimating? I really don't want to know what happens when "absurd numbers of megabeasts" is combined with "reanimating biomes".

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 01, 2015, 05:37:53 pm »

As far as I know, this doesn't need to be installed either (unless there are hardcoded paths somewhere). You can try copying the contents of the .dmg to a USB drive and running it from there - last I checked, it was only an application bundle.

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 01, 2015, 08:28:44 pm »

As far as I know, this doesn't need to be installed either (unless there are hardcoded paths somewhere). You can try copying the contents of the .dmg to a USB drive and running it from there - last I checked, it was only an application bundle.
indeed, it worked =D. My previous experience with DMG files had been as installers, hence my confusion.

Maybe now i can get the square ascii, dfhaack, df, and therapist all working with the same setup!
Ninja dragons! Protect the masterwork roasts!
Is this biome reanimating? I really don't want to know what happens when "absurd numbers of megabeasts" is combined with "reanimating biomes".

Demosthien

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 02, 2015, 12:21:19 pm »

I'm running the latest MacNewbie Pack on an iMac and Dwarf Therapist is causing DF to crash every time I commit changes.

I only have DFHack and he announcement filter running at the same time but turning them off doesn't stop the crashes.

Any ideas, do you want a crash report or anything?
iMac
OSX: 10.10.2
Processor: 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX 1024 MB

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 02, 2015, 12:58:01 pm »

I'm running the latest MacNewbie Pack on an iMac and Dwarf Therapist is causing DF to crash every time I commit changes.

I only have DFHack and he announcement filter running at the same time but turning them off doesn't stop the crashes.

Any ideas, do you want a crash report or anything?
What kind of changes do you commit? Are you renaming dwarves, or just regular job management?
I uploaded an experimental build of Therapist that's supposed to fix the renaming crash, please try it out to see if it helps.

Demosthien

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 03, 2015, 01:06:00 pm »

What kind of changes do you commit? Are you renaming dwarves, or just regular job management?
I uploaded an experimental build of Therapist that's supposed to fix the renaming crash, please try it out to see if it helps.

Committing job and profession changes. No name changes... Unless maybe the profession change counts as part of the name?
iMac
OSX: 10.10.2
Processor: 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX 1024 MB

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 03, 2015, 01:45:59 pm »

If you were changing profession names, those would have experienced the same problem as nicknames.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 34