Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 34

Author Topic: MacNewbie Pack v0.10.3 with DF 42.04  (Read 318214 times)

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MacNewbie Pack v0.9.16a with DF 40.24
« Reply #345 on: March 03, 2015, 09:08:20 pm »

Hey, another newb question: the docs indicate there should be a mods tab, since there are mods in the Mods folder -- but I just see a dfhack tab, and nothing about other mods. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong? Is there something else I need in order to see mod options? Thanks!
Ninja dragons! Protect the masterwork roasts!
Is this biome reanimating? I really don't want to know what happens when "absurd numbers of megabeasts" is combined with "reanimating biomes".

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 03, 2015, 10:36:10 pm »

Hey, another newb question: the docs indicate there should be a mods tab, since there are mods in the Mods folder -- but I just see a dfhack tab, and nothing about other mods. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong? Is there something else I need in order to see mod options? Thanks!

Hmm, it should be enough to have any unzipped folder in there.  Maybe post a screenshot of the mods folder and contents?
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 04, 2015, 02:47:15 am »

I haven't done a mod compatible release yet, but it's coming soon...

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: March 04, 2015, 03:12:10 am »

Ah, that would do it.  MacNewbie is on PyLNP v0.8; the mods tab was added in 0.9 - if you're desperate, just grab the latest PyLNP build and you can add that yourself.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Demosthien

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 05, 2015, 07:15:39 pm »

I'm running the latest MacNewbie Pack on an iMac and Dwarf Therapist is causing DF to crash every time I commit changes.

I only have DFHack and he announcement filter running at the same time but turning them off doesn't stop the crashes.

Any ideas, do you want a crash report or anything?
What kind of changes do you commit? Are you renaming dwarves, or just regular job management?
I uploaded an experimental build of Therapist that's supposed to fix the renaming crash, please try it out to see if it helps.

That seems to have fixed the crashes. I've run DT and changed job allocations as well as professions and no crashes so far.

Thanks!
iMac
OSX: 10.10.2
Processor: 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX 1024 MB

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: March 06, 2015, 04:28:24 am »

That seems to have fixed the crashes. I've run DT and changed job allocations as well as professions and no crashes so far.
Thanks!
Thx for the update!

Demosthien

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: March 06, 2015, 07:26:49 pm »

Just in case the info helps.

Been running DF and DT non-stop now for over five hours straight. Successfully completed multiple job allocations and profession changes in that time, including some commits with over 100 changes in one go and at least 10-15 job changes on a single Dwarf.

In the past if I committed in bulk like that, there'd be a crash. If I ran DF and DT for any longer than an hour or so, there'd be a crash.

So far so good.
iMac
OSX: 10.10.2
Processor: 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX 1024 MB

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 10, 2015, 09:26:57 pm »

Of course I read this AFTER I put together a screenshot forPeridexisErrant. :)

(sorry for the delay things have been crazy, & this is my first chance to play df / reply to this thread since I posted, though I slipped in briefly after the first response but before the second.)

It's still more stable for me than the Linux version was, which is a plus :)
Ninja dragons! Protect the masterwork roasts!
Is this biome reanimating? I really don't want to know what happens when "absurd numbers of megabeasts" is combined with "reanimating biomes".

mn1211

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: March 11, 2015, 02:40:55 am »

I play on a macbook pro 10.9.5 and recently, after enabling the 'performance tweaks' DFhack option in the Macnewbie launcher, my Dwarf fortress crashes after few minutes of playing on my saved world. This happens every time and gives me the error:

[DFHack]# /Applications/Macnewbie/Dwarf Fortress/dfhack: line 15: 7444 Segmentation fault: 11 DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES=./hack/libdfhack.dylib ./dwarfort.exe "$@"

I've reinstalled the 0.9.16a version once since, tried without TWBT or DFhack on, but the problem persists. Can anyone provide any help?
My game only crashes when I load into the save world.

EspritFort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: March 13, 2015, 10:04:15 pm »

Can't seem to get it to work :(
OSX 10.8.5, updated xquartz and jdk, using the launcher yields:
"PyLNP quit unexpectedly"

Using the PyLNP executable yields the same, with the terminal reading

Last login: Sat Mar 14 03:58:47 on ttys000
mylogin:~ myname$ /Applications/Macnewbie/MacNewbie\ Launcher.app/Contents/MacOS/PyLNP ; exit;
CGColor with 1 components
Abort trap: 6
logout

[Process completed]
(I have no idea if this is in any way helpful)

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: March 14, 2015, 04:10:28 am »

I play on a macbook pro 10.9.5 and recently, after enabling the 'performance tweaks' DFhack option in the Macnewbie launcher, my Dwarf fortress crashes after few minutes of playing on my saved world. This happens every time and gives me the error:
The most common source of crashes in DF 0.24 is bug 8719: "Building constructions over parts of trees crashes".
If your game crashes around a specific point pause all constructions and see if it fixes the save. Random crashes are a different thing, and may be caused by twbt or some other dfhack plugin. The performance tweaks shouldn't cause instability, that's only a coincidence.

When you say using the PyLNP executable, do you mean that you downloaded the latest version and you're seeing the same crash? If not, please download and try to see if it works.
By the way: Do you have any third party python (or Tcl) installation on your sytem? This thread indicates a problem with that, although the launcher app shoulnd't depend on system python/tcl, as it comes with the necessary dependancies prepackaged.

EspritFort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: March 14, 2015, 09:08:46 am »

When you say using the PyLNP executable, do you mean that you downloaded the latest version and you're seeing the same crash? If not, please download and try to see if it works.
By the way: Do you have any third party python (or Tcl) installation on your sytem? This thread indicates a problem with that, although the launcher app shoulnd't depend on system python/tcl, as it comes with the necessary dependancies prepackaged.

I meant the PyLNP file inside the MacNewbie Launcher package, but the 0.9.5a version you linked also yields the same crash.

This might seem silly, but how would I check for installed third party python installations? I'm one of those users that usually just installs whatever addons, driver packages or additional programs he's told to install. So yeah, I might have some or I might not. A quick file search reveals no relevant hits for python or tci.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 15, 2015, 08:53:20 am »

I meant the PyLNP file inside the MacNewbie Launcher package, but the 0.9.5a version you linked also yields the same crash.

This might seem silly, but how would I check for installed third party python installations? I'm one of those users that usually just installs whatever addons, driver packages or additional programs he's told to install. So yeah, I might have some or I might not. A quick file search reveals no relevant hits for python or tci.
I think there should an app called PYthon launcher or IDLE in your Applications folder. Here's a development version of the launcher you can try.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 09:01:00 am by fricy »

EspritFort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: March 16, 2015, 07:30:48 am »

I think there should an app called PYthon launcher or IDLE in your Applications folder. Here's a development version of the launcher you can try.

Can't find either IDLE or Python launcher.

But the development version actually worked  :o
Thanks a lot  :)

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: March 16, 2015, 07:53:22 am »

Can't find either IDLE or Python launcher.
But the development version actually worked  :o
Thanks a lot  :)

According to Pidgeot it's most likely something to do with ActiveTcl, but we're just guessing here, it's definitely something with something you installed on your system, but finding the solution is not easy...   
Spoiler: Pidgeot's answer (click to show/hide)
The development version works because it uses a QT based GUI instead of Tcl/Tk. Using the development version is the plan, but it's still missing some features, so we'll see when that happens.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 34