Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 34

Author Topic: MacNewbie Pack v0.10.3 with DF 42.04  (Read 318210 times)

BigBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MacNewbie Pack v0.9.16a with DF 40.24
« Reply #390 on: August 19, 2015, 07:41:00 pm »

Macnewbie 0.9.17 - TEST VERSION with GEMSET 24x

Most recent crash I just hit a hotkey to view part of the fort. Other  crashes I had earlier I wasn't doing anything except watching my screen while some dwarves were butchering a kitten!

I'm not using gemset if that makes a difference? I had space fox graphics installed. Um I might be using a PC running Yosemite so that could also have something to do with it :D (although 0.9.16a seems to run almost perfectly)  I'll test on my macbook pro too.

Utility:
None

Hacks:
Autobuild coffins
View item information
State of Decay: Rotting Clothes
Turn on Workflow
Mouse tracking
State of Decay: Rotting Corpses
Pure Bugfixes

Dropbox to osx report:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5nq4aigmoutz3vo/df_macnewbie_crash.txt?dl=0

(Edited this post to include more recent crash without any utils running.)

Hi fricy,

For Macnewbie 0.9.17 - TEST VERSION with GEMSET 24x
If it locks up should I send you a report to help with stability? What should I send? Never done done this before.

You mean crashes? In case of a crash, a message will be shown and depending on the OS version button like details or send, and there will be long text report.

Ya crashes. (sometimes it just freezes in the window and I have to force quit) I mean what do you need from me to help if I want to send a report to help improve stability. The mac osx crash report or the stderr.txt or something? It's very long :D

osx report and description of what you were doing/what plugins are enabled (like twbt, multiscroll) :) In case it freezes, you can double-click the process in Activity Monitor and press Sample button to get a report.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 09:10:55 am by BigBeard »

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #391 on: August 19, 2015, 08:10:39 pm »

Crash reports are not written to the syslog. Btw, you can find past reports by launching Console app and on the left under User Diagnostic Reports.

BigBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 20, 2015, 09:08:07 am »

Sorry I realized the mistake after and edited the download. It should be the most recent crash report copy and pasted from the popup instead! What a newb! :o

Crash reports are not written to the syslog. Btw, you can find past reports by launching Console app and on the left under User Diagnostic Reports.

gnarwar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 21, 2015, 06:19:12 am »

Hi,

Recently tried using MacNewbie but nothing happens when I try to open the launcher. Any suggestions? Using a retina display and Yosemite 10.10.2 if that's of any help. Any help help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 21, 2015, 04:04:40 pm »

If the launcher isn't working, is there anything in stderr.txt in that folder?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

gnarwar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 22, 2015, 03:18:15 am »

Can't find that file. Maybe I'm too clueless at modding to work this?

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 22, 2015, 08:57:47 am »

Recently tried using MacNewbie but nothing happens when I try to open the launcher. Any suggestions? Using a retina display and Yosemite 10.10.2 if that's of any help. Any help help is much appreciated.
Haven't tested the pack on Yosemite or El Capitan.
1. Perhaps? Gatekeeper is interfering with the launcher, you can check for this in System Preferences/Security&Privacy/General/Allow apps...
2. Or the launcher is incompatible with 10.10+, in that case you can find versions compiled on a different machine in Pidgeot's repo here, try running PyLNP_0.10b-OSX (first).
3. If these don't help you can try running from source: download the repository from the link above and extract it next to the launcher. Start a Terminal window, navigate to the extracted files and run the app with:
Code: [Select]
python launch.py
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 09:03:06 am by fricy »

Iliithid

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank You, Friend Computer!
    • View Profile
Re: MacNewbie Pack v0.9.17 TEST VERSION
« Reply #397 on: October 08, 2015, 11:00:36 am »

PythonLNP 0.10.b with optional mod loader
I keep seeing this mythical "mod loader" mentioned in tandem with PLNP but it literally doesn't exist in the mac version of the launcher. There is no tab for it like on the Windows build. So where can I find it?

EDIT: I can't run the test version of this at all, either. I get the "missing library: dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/X11R6/lib/libfreetype.6.dylib" error that is supposed to be a Linux problem. Why is it present here where I've never had it before? Running on Yosemite 10.10.5. The previous stable version runs just fine.

Report from Terminal:
hack ; exit;
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/X11R6/lib/libfreetype.6.dylib
  Referenced from: /Applications/Macnewbie/Dwarf Fortress/libs/SDL_ttf.framework/Versions/A/SDL_ttf
  Reason: image not found
/Applications/Macnewbie/Dwarf Fortress/dfhack: line 15: 11131 Trace/BPT trap: 5       DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES=./hack/libdfhack.dylib ./dwarfort.exe "$@"

logout

[Process completed]

I've manually checked that the SDL_ttf lib is actually there, even went as far as manually downloading it and placing it to make sure, and it is. Not sure why it's not being detected by dfhack.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 12:05:54 pm by Iliithid »
"Here's a weapon of ridiculous destructive capability I invented, it is capable of wrecking tons of shit in horrific fashion... now I just need to figure out how to aim it."

That's absurdly dwarven of you, I'm so proud to be here to see it.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: October 08, 2015, 08:42:40 pm »

I keep seeing this mythical "mod loader" mentioned in tandem with PLNP but it literally doesn't exist in the mac version of the launcher. There is no tab for it like on the Windows build. So where can I find it?

Check that you're actually using PyLNP 0.10b; the standard MacNewbie comes with 0.8 (pre-mods). Then add a mod to lnp/mods/nameofmod and the tab should show up.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Iliithid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: October 09, 2015, 03:04:31 am »

Check that you're actually using PyLNP 0.10b; the standard MacNewbie comes with 0.8 (pre-mods). Then add a mod to lnp/mods/nameofmod and the tab should show up.
Does updating it to 0.10b just involve replacing the JSON file? Or something else as well (since the launchers are separate?)
EDIT: NVM, should have assumed using the newer PLNP launcher was involved. Donk.

Though, now that I'm trying it, it's telling me the mods included with the usual MacNewbiePack have merging conflicts and shouldn't be installed... Even if I select only one of them... I don't get it.
Doubly also, the new version doesn't seem to detect DFHack even though it's in the same place the old launcher was in the hierarchy, just to avoid any issues.
It detects them in the testing version of 0.9.17, but like I mentioned the game spits out a missing lib error when I try to launch it. The new testing version is using 0.10b so is it a Yosemite issue?

EDIT 2: So, testing things out. I replaced the 0.9.16a launcher with 0.10b and it works fine, launches the game fine. However like I mentioned, no DFHacks show up to select in the menu, though it does hook in and run as normal. So something is out of whack with 0.9.17 where the hacks included are interfering with the ability to hook in. It's missing a lib that should by all accounts be there. I'm not sure of a way to deal with it, hopefully Fricy or you have some idea. I would provide a stderr file but the error happens in such a way that the launcher never creates a report for it.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 03:40:03 am by Iliithid »
"Here's a weapon of ridiculous destructive capability I invented, it is capable of wrecking tons of shit in horrific fashion... now I just need to figure out how to aim it."

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: October 10, 2015, 06:57:05 am »

• Just to confirm, you need to replace the executable - the json file is configuration.
  • It's fairly anal about merge issues, because I didn't want to wreck anyone's saves.  Maybe try without graphics?  Otherwise it's probably a weird case with deleting a substantial section of the raws somewhere, which confuses it.
  • I'm not sure what the DFHack issue is.
  • ...unless it's working, but not showing up in the launcher - this is controlled by the PyLNP.json config, so you may have overridden it.  Try restoring an older copy or from the MacNewbie download.

Any further launcher questions should go to the PyLNP thread.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Iliithid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: October 10, 2015, 12:23:02 pm »

Replacing the JSON seems to have fixed that part of it. Still not sure what the DFHack problem is caused by, staying away from the test version for now. The JSON from the testing version seems to work when copied over to my 0.10b launcher, so the only thing I can think of is it's an issue within the new launcher compile itself.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: October 10, 2015, 01:16:22 pm »

IIRC, the DFHack configuration from Peridexis's pack was never made available on GitHub, so the other packs don't use it. DFHack should still work, but PyLNP won't offer more detailed settings.

EDIT: I can't run the test version of this at all, either. I get the "missing library: dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/X11R6/lib/libfreetype.6.dylib" error that is supposed to be a Linux problem. Why is it present here where I've never had it before? Running on Yosemite 10.10.5. The previous stable version runs just fine.

Report from Terminal:
hack ; exit;
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/X11R6/lib/libfreetype.6.dylib
  Referenced from: /Applications/Macnewbie/Dwarf Fortress/libs/SDL_ttf.framework/Versions/A/SDL_ttf
  Reason: image not found
/Applications/Macnewbie/Dwarf Fortress/dfhack: line 15: 11131 Trace/BPT trap: 5       DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES=./hack/libdfhack.dylib ./dwarfort.exe "$@"

logout

[Process completed]

I've manually checked that the SDL_ttf lib is actually there, even went as far as manually downloading it and placing it to make sure, and it is. Not sure why it's not being detected by dfhack.
Is this still an issue? If so, the most relevant part of the error message is "Library not loaded: /usr/X11R6/lib/libfreetype.6.dylib". SDL_ttf is trying to load libfreetype (and therefore SDL_ttf must be present), but can't find it. One thing that works fairly well, if you're not planning on using stonesense, is updating the SDL_ttf library to SDL_ttf 2.0.11 (not SDL2_ttf 2.0.11) - you can get it from here (SDL_ttf-2.0.11.dmg).

(Also, are you thinking of the "Can't load mouse.png" error that sometimes occurs on Linux? This specific error message can't be Linux-specific because Linux typically uses the ".so" extension instead of ".dylib" and uses the ld linker instead of dyld.)
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Iliithid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: October 10, 2015, 09:17:41 pm »

Yes, that's still the issue with the launcher itself for some reason. I mentioned (or at least I should've) in my last post I did manually replace SDL_ttf to make sure it was there, and the issue still persisted. Just using the newer version of PyLNP as the launcher with the 0.9.17 JSON seems to be working fine. And I must have been thinking of that error, yeah. Sorry for the confusion.

EDIT: Update on the modding front of things, still can't get any mods to install successfully at all, even single mods (the version of Modest I'm trying is preconfigured for Phoebus which is already installed  through the launcher.) Whatever the parameters are for acceptable mods must be very anal.
Just to like, triple-zillion check, I also tried with the ASCII version of the mod/tileset and it didn't change anything.

EDIT 2: DISREGARD ME. I'm ridiculous. Getting the test version (0.9.17) to work was just a matter of updating the SDL_ttf. Whether mods work yet, I haven't tested. But at least I don't have to mess with anything else.
Nope, still getting denied on that front.

EDIT 3: Finally figured out how mods are actually merged and then installed. Went smoothly. But now I have a new crash when I try to load up to choose an embark location on a newly genned world. Another failed lib it seems: "reshape_graphics
[DFHack]# /Applications/Macnewbie/Dwarf Fortress/dfhack: line 15:  5533 Abort trap: 6           DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES=./hack/libdfhack.dylib ./dwarfort.exe "$@""

DFHacks Used (if they're relevant):
Autobuild Coffins
Mouse Tracking
Rotting Clothes
Rotting Food
Rotting Corpses
Starving Dead
Performance Tweaks
Turn On Workflow
Pure Bugfixes
View Item Information

Mods Merged:
Modest, Modest Accelerated + Pedestals, Modest Bodies.

EDIT 4: I still have to double check to make sure, but it might've just been one of those unlucky gens that crashes on you no matter what. Will try turning DFHacks back on one by one and see if I can suss anything out that way.
Does look like it was just a borky gen that time, all the DFHacks work fine. The only thing I'm mildly curious about now is that installing the mods seems to have broken about half the tiles in the tileset I had installed (Phoebus) even though I use the Phoebus version of Modest. Also the Mods tab wouldn't let me Pre-Merge graphics for whatever reason, that's probably why it's borked.

EDIT 5: So it looks like mods getting installed properly is directly tied to "Pre-Merge Graphics" which just sort of decides when it wants to allow itself to be toggled on and off... When it's stuck on YES, no mods can be installed even if they support the graphics pack, if NO then everything is fine except half the textures become ASCII or missing-tile-dorfs. Upon closer inspection, I'm not sure if the mods even really took effect. So all that was achieved was a total borking of the tileset.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 02:17:46 pm by Iliithid »

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MacNewbie Pack v0.9.18 with DF 40.24
« Reply #404 on: November 28, 2015, 06:52:36 pm »

The image on Dropbox and DFFD both seem to be corrupted. Can you check into it?
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 34