Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 34

Author Topic: MacNewbie Pack v0.10.3 with DF 42.04  (Read 318155 times)

Crazor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MacNewbie Pack ReBorn v0.8.4 with !!HoT!! new Dwarf Therapist 21.2
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2014, 07:06:07 am »

No errors there, I already looked.

I'll try the old version and see if it's better.

Crazor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2014, 10:38:27 am »

The new version of Therapist isn't running well on my iMac either. Same OS etc.

The old version is fine on both macs, so I'll be using it for the time being.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2014, 11:32:39 am »

The new version of Therapist isn't running well on my iMac either. Same OS etc.
The old version is fine on both macs, so I'll be using it for the time being.

Ok, I'll post here when there's a new Therapist. Bugfixing without a crashlog is hard, so I don't know when we'll get a fix. Stay tuned.

Crazor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2014, 11:58:52 am »

I believe it's just closing instead of crashing, since both macs didn't save any crashlogs related to therapist at all. Unfortunately, no messages either.

Also the stonesense problem persists with this version, but again, I didn't expect any change judged by the changelog. Just wanted to mention that I've tested it.

MintYogi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2014, 08:25:30 am »

I think custom profession display is broken in this Dwarf Therapist release on the Mac. Are any of you able to see dwarves grouped by custom professions in the Dwarf Therapist labors tab?

I'm able to add a new custom profession and apply it to dwarves, but those dwarves remain grouped under the profession they had and the new profession doesn't appear. I've followed the same procedure (below) on the Windows version and it works there, so I assume it's not the way I'm doing it.

I've tried deleting DT (and ~/.config/UDP Software/Dwarf Therapist.ini) then re-installing and the custom professions still don't work.

Will you try to verify and report your results and or tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Here's the procedure I'm trying:

1. Switch to the labors tab.

2. Set "Group By" dropdown to "Profession"

3. Create a new custom profession, say "Tester" with a skill or two.

4. Uncheck "Apply as a mask?" checkbox.

5. Click "OK" button

6. Assign the custom profession to a dwarf

7. Commit the change(s)

8. Observe whether the dwarf appears grouped under the new custom profession or not
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 09:06:58 am by MintYogi »

dntpannik

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 28, 2014, 04:01:40 am »

I'm having the same problem with custom professions. The skills all update properly but the profession name doesn't sync with DF. If I make the custom profession in DF though DT is able to read and sort it.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2014, 04:07:49 am »

Thank you both for the report, until it is fixed I suggest you use the previous version of DT.

EDIT: The devs will look into this.
currently osx doesn't support writing any string values (nickname, custom profession, squad name, etc.) i have no idea why it's been disabled, so i'll pass it on to tareq to see if he can test it out.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 09:48:44 am by fricy »

butterfriedbutter

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2014, 01:42:55 am »

While I wait on my slow internet to download 8.4, I just noticed you wanted feedback on QFconvert. It's entirely possible I'm doing something wrong (or that it's been fixed between 8.3 and 8.4), but I get a strange issue with some part of the QFC/QF/DF interaction: while the first csv I convert will work and become a macro and function as intended, any attempt to convert another csv fails... somewhere. QFC  acts like it has converted the file, but if I run the macro it just triggers whatever the first macro was. Of the handful of things I've tried so far, only quitting out of Dwarf Fortress and starting it up again seems to work. After that I can give QFC a new csv and use that one to my heart's content but have to repeat the process if I want to use a different blueprint. My first thought was to delete the .mak file it creates in the macros folder; strangely this seems to have no effect. As it is I really like quickfort and would use the beans out of it if I didn't have to restart the game to change blueprints. "TheQuickFortress" series of blueprints keeps calling to me from its folder and it's driving insane! D:

Otherwise, MacNewbie runs like a dream. I really appreciate your work on it and all the time I've lost playing it! :D If you can do the same thing for Masterwork... well... I'm sure there would be more than a few carvings of your image upon my walls.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2014, 05:03:04 am »

@butterfriedbutter: Thx. :)
Try the new QF app bundled in 8.4, the behavior you describe was a result of my inability to write code...Roses helped me edit the original script, so now it's more flexible and can write more files. It's not perfect though, I had errors with complicated .csv-s, that the windows version had no problem with, but still better. :)

butterfriedbutter

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2014, 07:10:16 am »

@butterfriedbutter: Thx. :)
Try the new QF app bundled in 8.4, the behavior you describe was a result of my inability to write code...Roses helped me edit the original script, so now it's more flexible and can write more files. It's not perfect though, I had errors with complicated .csv-s, that the windows version had no problem with, but still better. :)

8.4 runs better on the whole, thanks :D but I'm still having issues with QuickFort and QFconvert. I tried to run embarking-stockpiles.csv and embarking-build.csv a couple times:

http://i.imgur.com/eVxMenM.png - When first launched QFC looks like this, I assume it's normal but I have no idea how to access the commands it shows here :P

After dragging a .csv on to QFC the text box will go blank like so - http://i.imgur.com/vRBBy0S.png - in 8.3 it would display the blueprint (I think, I never looked too closely at it). Not that big of an issue since the macro is still created and added to the proper folder - even converts them into their own macro so I can choose from them in game, very nice! :D

The main problem is when I try to run the macros it'll go through all the cursor movements like it's working, but it's not. When I try to use embarking-stockpiles with the stockpile command ready, it just mimes it like I said and ends up on the "build" command, or maybe query... I'm not entirely sure. Trying to run the same macro with the wrong keystroke active doesn't work either, but I had to try! Embarking-build.csv just flies all over the map but I couldn't get that one to work in the previous version either :/

I'm about to start a new fort so I'll give QF a few more tries. Hopefully any of this actually helps :P

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2014, 12:05:54 pm »

@ butterfriedbutter: New QF Converter with some minor edits and feedback messages. Just unzip and overwrite previous version.
Not sure about the build and stockpile macros, as I haven't used those ever. If you can provide me with a spreadsheet I might look into it, but I haven't touched anything that would affect that functionality of quickfort.
As I understand it just sends the macro keystrokes, so if you are in the (b)uild designation menu it »should« build, if you are in stock(p)iles it »should« configure those.

ZappyDanTheBiriBiri

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2014, 04:39:36 pm »

Hi there, I just got the lazy newb pack downloaded and for some reason it won't let me start the game, I've been able to start dwarf fortress before but when I click the "Start Dwarf Fortress!" button it gives me this error message
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2014, 02:04:31 am »

Hi there, I just got the lazy newb pack downloaded and for some reason it won't let me start the game, I've been able to start dwarf fortress before but when I click the "Start Dwarf Fortress!" button it gives me this error message
Spoiler: Relevant section (click to show/hide)

It looks like an error with the directory you installed the game to, the launcher says that it cannot write to the directory where the game files are located. Maybe you dropped the pack to a location that needs admin rights to write to?
Try moving it to a different place, like /Users/(your_user_name)/Applications/MacNewbie. Other guess is to run diskutility/fix permissions.

ZappyDanTheBiriBiri

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 13, 2014, 12:24:17 pm »

Thanks! That seemed to work.

dhoovr

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2014, 10:45:27 am »

The game keeps crashing on me whenever I hit the "b" button. I've tried rebinding it to "1" and it crashed on the "1" button as well.
I'm running 10.9.2
Here's all the stuff that pops up when it crashes:

EDIT: Had an inclination that it might not  be related to me using a mac, found this:
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=5819
turned True Type to off,
it seems to work now.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 11:07:10 am by dhoovr »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 34